DIY SOS

(12 Posts)
Horsemad Tue 08-Oct-13 22:02:40

Did anyone watch? Wasn't their 8yr old just gorgeous? When offered 3 wishes, he only wanted things to improve his mum&dad's & siblings' life. What a sweetie.

EmbroideredCloths Tue 08-Oct-13 22:10:48

I saw this. He was utterly gorgeous. It was a really lovely episode. I cried with the mum when she saw the improved house.

I've only just pulled myself together. The Mum had me welling up frequently. Lovely family and very deserving of a fab house. Little Reuben's reaction in his new bedroom got me going and Harry was just a wee star.

beingsuper Tue 08-Oct-13 22:10:51

Yes I watched it. Am home alone tonight sobbing. Hana was absolutely inspiring and all 3 boys were gorgeous. Reuben made me melt. What a wonderful family. Don't you just want good things for them.

whoneedssleepanyway Tue 08-Oct-13 22:11:45

I cried, the mother was so calm and lovely and the twins were beautiful. The 8 year old was such a lovely thoughtful boy.

tunnocksteacake Tue 08-Oct-13 22:13:30

I've not watched it yet but have recorded. The mum is my Dad's cousin's daughter but I've not met them yet

Horsemad Tue 08-Oct-13 22:15:32

What a lovely family. I've had a few glasses of wine and was really choked watching the 'reveal'.

mignonette Tue 08-Oct-13 22:19:02

This programme gets DH and me every episode. A real tearjerker.

I sobbed. And wowed to never moan about my (healthy) twins again!

I cried - such raw emotion and so open and honest about everything. I thought Harry was a star, what a huge role he has and how proud his mum and dad must be. Fabulous transformation (although I did wonder about the drama about the sizes of the doors for wheelchairs - would have thought that would be an obvious thing to establish during the design stage!) and I hope that it cuts down some of the stress for them. (I also secretly hope that someone watching gives the dad a job he can do more locally...)

BooCanary Wed 09-Oct-13 20:06:12

I quite often find DIY SOS a bit cheesy, with Nick Knowles' earnest discussions with the families coming over a bit staged. But this episode had me floored. What a lovely family. Totally bawled my eyes out!

Noggie Wed 09-Oct-13 20:13:45

Harry was amazing- I was in tears several times. Really hope the dad gets a job closer to home soon. Hana was so honest I just can't begin to imagine how tough life is for her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now