The Blacklist.

(39 Posts)
Sparklysilversequins Mon 07-Oct-13 21:20:29

I thought it was flipping great! James Spader made me feel old though. I remember how beautiful he was in Pretty in Pink. Middled aged and bald now but still very cool. Well worth a watch. On Sky Living.

slalomsuki Tue 08-Oct-13 13:00:43

I recorded it and watched it. I agree it's great

fatballerina Tue 08-Oct-13 13:28:21

Very impressed-it'll be my new must watch-agree James Spader is great in it-floppy hair of the 80's well and truly gone!

SpanishFly Tue 08-Oct-13 17:39:31

Absolutely loved this. Hopefully it won't go off the boil.

VikingVagine Tue 08-Oct-13 19:56:37

Is it very very wrong that I still find Spader sexy attractive?

VikingVagine Tue 08-Oct-13 22:35:10

Thought so.

Sparklysilversequins Tue 08-Oct-13 23:27:13

No, it isn't. He's very charismatic but I didn't want to be the first to say it wink.

Really enjoyed it. I didn't realise it was James Spader until he smiled!

fatballerina Sat 12-Oct-13 19:52:25

Episode 2 has me really hopeful that they can keep it going-totally hooked-although I did say that about the mentalist too and ended up giving up after series 2 when I felt it totally lost the plot! sad

PinkFairyArmadillo Sun 13-Oct-13 00:46:42

I've been very pleasantly surprised by it, I've got very low expectations when it comes to TV but it's been pretty gripping so far.

I never actually found James Spader particularly attractive in anything. Apparently I do now blush

TensionSquealsGhoulsHeels Sun 13-Oct-13 01:03:58

Just watched the 1st 2 episodes, it's really good. I can see many cliches in the pipeline though, I hope they at least space 'em out.

slalomsuki Tue 05-Nov-13 11:29:39

Just caught up on all the episodes to date. Love it so far although some of the plots are a tad unbelievable.

Quick question though, who is watching the house?

Figgygal Tue 05-Nov-13 11:31:46

They have me hooked re: her husband and love James spader but finding it a bit cliched.

disorganisedmummy Tue 05-Nov-13 13:17:51

I must agree with all of you that it's great escapist viewing.I am also alarmed at just how attracted I am to James Spader!I did read in an article that he shaves his head for the role so he's not actually bald which makes me feel slightly better about my new obsession!

NewGirlInTown Tue 05-Nov-13 21:00:06

So, James Spader is obviously her real father? N'est ce pas?

Love this show too but am I the only one thinking this?

FourAndDone Fri 31-Jan-14 11:02:24

Does anyone have any idea when the new series starts? Should be anytime now!!smile

FourAndDone Fri 31-Jan-14 20:02:14

I found out 28th feb. My birthdaysmile

Crazy8 Fri 31-Jan-14 21:51:32

Yippee!!!

Great!

MetellaEstMater Sun 02-Feb-14 09:08:01

Fantastic. Love Spader, especially in Boston Legal.

FourAndDone Mon 24-Feb-14 16:13:02

This Friday!! And as an aside if anyone is partial to abit of Jonathan Creek like me there is a new 3 parter also on Friday bbc1 9pm.smile

FourAndDone Tue 25-Feb-14 11:21:08

Does nobody else love this show!blush

This Friday you say???

Oh thank god I started nosying around different corners thanks

I have absolutely no qualms in admitting that I watch it 50% for show and 50% James Spader.

Wasn't that way at the start, but now I am a little bit in love with him. Not helped by watching him in The Secretary.

I joined MN for serious advice/reasons but so far it has just managed to highlight fact that I am clearly turning into a raging nymph! blush

Love Jonathan Creek too. A new one?? I bloody love this place.

Ah phew! Not feeling lusty about that one either.

FourAndDone Wed 26-Feb-14 17:31:05

Brilliant! I'm not alone! I also very much fancy a night alone with James spader.blush
Can we share?wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now