Gogglebox

(379 Posts)
Amandine29 Wed 02-Oct-13 21:26:13

Anyone watching this tonight?

It's a guilty pleasure of mine blush

Did anyone else find it a bit distasteful that they used the programme about the spy found dead in the bag? Yes, bizarre and I'm sure many of us were having similar conversations at home, but a bit insensitive for the family really.

Listmaker Thu 21-Nov-13 10:23:08

Good episode last night. Why was Sandy (or Sandra) wearing wellies?! Hilarious.

Loved June and Leon and the Asian chaps and their dad. They are so funny - especially all the BGT and X Factor rejects comment.

The family with the lad who just turned 17 make me feel better because they seem nice and normal and their son talks to them in such an aggressive manner which is just like my daughter! I'm not alone grin.

I also find the grown up son with the broken leg a bit creepy.

OpalTourmaline Wed 27-Nov-13 23:33:43

I was wondering after today's episode if June from the June and Leon couple is going to see herself on TV constantly rolling her eyes at Leon and end up leaving him because she realises just how much he annoys her! Probably not though. It's probably just the sort of relationship they have and she loves him really!

Ellenora5 Thu 28-Nov-13 02:16:33

I want to know what is being Knitted, it's brown and she never puts it down, is it a scarf, is it a hat, what is it!! and why has she turned into "I haven't a clue what's going on" type of person.

I can't stand the lad that sits in between his mum and dad, or the family that are so loud, why do they have to keep shouting at each other.

I still love June and Leon grin they are my favourites

Drinky couple haven't been shown so much the last couple of episodes, they are usually so funny, could be editing of course hmm

Why has no one mentioned the two clever types who sit in front of the painting of the boobs!? The way his head is always placed in between them cracks me up.

Still18atheart Thu 28-Nov-13 15:55:51

Paula - I thimk that couple is the most intriging why do they sit so close together there's stacks of room but they are so squashed together and that picture words fail me and and cracks me u pp everytime theyre on

DH wants one for our front room!

Vivacia Thu 28-Nov-13 21:05:10

That's a very good point about the boob pair. Until you pointed it out to me, I'd never realised how strange it is that they both sit squashed together in front of that painting despite the tonnes of room.

Davros Thu 28-Nov-13 23:36:03

I assume that some if them sit squished together for the camera angle, e.g. The hairdressers and Sandy and Sandra

The pissed posh man (Dominic?) reminds me of that character in the Fast Show - "I was, completely and utterly, drunk".

They all made me laugh this week making rude words for Countdown.

I think June still has a twinkle in her eyes when she is rolling them at Leon's comments.

LionessOfThePride Fri 29-Nov-13 10:43:45

Just discovered this program and am absolutely HOOKED!! How did I miss this for long? They're all fabulous to watch (except for the boardgame 'friends' and the elderly couple. Booooooring).

And best of all - it's on after the kids are in bed! WINNER!

MissusL Fri 29-Nov-13 13:14:40

I would love to see all the people on Gogglebox having one big party and meeting each other, just to see how they all get along! Think Louis should just have a show of his own, his expressions when his parents are talking are fantastic.

Tiredemma Fri 29-Nov-13 14:59:46

june and leon were on bbc breakfast the other morning- leon is so funny, june was even rolling her eyes at him on there.

boschy Fri 29-Nov-13 23:49:56

we only just caught up with this the other night - dont know how we missed it! love it. the posh drinky pair were previously on 4 in a Bed.
think they are all wonderful, except for the ones with the boob painting, who seem to be acting

123rd Fri 29-Nov-13 23:55:08

Love love love it!! But no one I knows watches ithmm

SinisterBuggyMonth Sun 01-Dec-13 00:36:31

There's a thread on AIBU in which the silent boyfriend has been renamed Dandelion due to his hair.

OpalTourmaline Sun 01-Dec-13 08:24:13

I like the teenage girl with the long blonde fringe. The one who said she didn't go on a killing spree after being rejected by John Moores Uni when they were watching the programme about Hitler being rejected by art school being one of the things that led to him becoming the fuhrer. She makes me laugh. The teenage boy in the other family is a bit shouty

Oblomov Sun 01-Dec-13 08:54:07

Cheers me up. I just love it.

Ellenora5 Mon 02-Dec-13 19:46:55

One half of the two older gentlemen popped up on heir hunters this morning, something to do with knowing someone who died and he was a playwright, I was only half listening so not sure what it was and I think it's a couple of years old anyway

Now hows that for a useless bit of information wink

runes Wed 04-Dec-13 22:34:08

Love June and Leon smile

SinisterBuggyMonth Wed 04-Dec-13 22:36:31

I want Leon and June to be my grandparents!

Kithulu Wed 04-Dec-13 22:37:22

I am watching this for the first time tonight. Its making me feel lonely. I want someone to watch TV with. DH is always on his computer at the other end of the room, and makes me feel stupid hassling him to watch TV with me. But now I see other people doing it I really realise why I want some company so much. sigh.

runes Wed 04-Dec-13 22:48:27

Pissed up posh couple are funny though grin

OpalTourmaline Wed 04-Dec-13 23:15:51

I like June and Leon more now after seeing them commenting on David Cameron and immigration, but the posh couple's comments on the same subject have put me off them.

Rollergirl1 Thu 05-Dec-13 19:27:19

How much booze do you reckon posh couple put away? They have always got a glass of something on the go. Was amused by Stephanie's request for a vodka red-bull if they were going to have sex or a baileys if not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now