Gogglebox

(548 Posts)
Amandine29 Wed 02-Oct-13 21:26:13

Anyone watching this tonight?

It's a guilty pleasure of mine blush

StepfauxWife Mon 07-Apr-14 09:52:15

The bit where he was impersonating the dummy had me in stitches!

Ooh they should do a Come Dine With Me Gogglebox special. I would LOVE that.

WallyBantersJunkBox Mon 07-Apr-14 10:11:05

The guy with the beard was really chatty about the program and his job etc. The guy with the glasses not so much. But to be fair they were on a night out with friends and he was trying to get a big round of drinks at the bar which was really busy.

He did stay for a quick photo but he was gritting his teeth a bit. grin After the concert there was a DJ and everyone was up on the floor going wild (Abbaversary celebration) - the guy with glasses wasn't there, but the other one was really getting down with everyone.

He is very handsome but tiny and tantastic!

Davros Mon 07-Apr-14 23:47:02

I don't mind the shouting and swearing at all but it is fun when they copy what is on like the medical dummies and singing Match of the Day etc. I'm not in love with June and Leon. They are a pair of leftie stereotypes, you know what they're going to think about everything before they open their mouths, too predictable. I like the Siddiqis, hairdressers, Step and Dom and Sandy and Sandra. That new young Geordie girl is dreadful

hickorychicken Wed 09-Apr-14 22:48:39

Im just catching up on 4od and the nurses dummy thing was hilarious, the comment about nurses not being accademic pissed me right off though, wd her dc's putting her right!
Dislike the shouty one direction spoilt girl, whinging because her Iphone 4 is too slow hmm

StepfauxWife Fri 11-Apr-14 21:32:17

Anyone watching this week? Dom of Steph and Dom seems particularly drunk this time!

Crazdsky Fri 11-Apr-14 21:34:09

I loved how Steph put down his attempts at being frisky

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 11-Apr-14 21:44:18

How funny they are talking about your Abba night wallybanters

Lurleene Fri 11-Apr-14 21:44:32

"Eve's boyfriend Jay is studying for an NVQ - in customer service". shock smile

LadyFlorenceCraye Fri 11-Apr-14 21:48:31

Customer service nvq!!! shock

Lurleene
That has to be the quote of the series grin

Ellenora5 Fri 11-Apr-14 23:31:48

I cracked up laughing at the german man watching silent boyfriend taking the fig rolls grin

Anotheronebitthedust Sat 12-Apr-14 21:39:36

stepfauxwife - yep Dom was utterly wasted! His attempts at throwing the popcorn were woeful.

I have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I really don't like grown up son with squeaky voice (Craig). I'm sure they said he was 30-odd but he acts more immaturely than most of the teenagers. Mocking his parents for showing emotion about the deaths in WWI this episode was a particular low.

Anotheronebitthedust Sat 12-Apr-14 21:40:38

oh and boyfriend is listed as 'silent Jay' in the IMDB for the series! There was a post about him on buzzfeed too recently, he will be a pop culture icon soon I think!

breward Sun 13-Apr-14 08:28:00

Can't wait to see everyone watching the dancing granny on BGT! Was it ballroom or hip-op dancing?!

Lighthousekeeping Sun 13-Apr-14 22:20:08

That girl in the photo at Leon and Junes is beautiful. I wonder if it's their daughter?

foofooyeah Mon 14-Apr-14 05:49:54

How funny that we are checking out the photos on the sideboards!

I am worried about getting slightly obsessed with the vicars dogs privates ... But they are always on show. But DP and me cheered when vicars husband finally spoke.

Defenbaker Tue 15-Apr-14 00:06:12

I love this programme but am puzzled by the silent boyfriend (Jay?)... he contributes nothing in any way, and is not exactly eye candy, so really what's the point of him being there?

I love Posh n' Wrecked, and the gay hairdressers (though sometimes the constant swearing gets a bit tiresome). Also love the Asian family, esp. the father, who has a lovely manner about him - he's a quiet charmer, I think.

Not keen on the large lady, Sandy/Sandra (can't remember which is which), but she is quite a colourful character, so that's probably why they chose her.

ggirl Tue 15-Apr-14 00:24:00

are the couple who used to be in bed all the time the rev and hubbie but in daytime clothes???

GallstoneCowboy Tue 15-Apr-14 01:11:33

Just starting to get into this.

Love love LOVE Steph and Dom. Hilarious.

Can't stand Sandra and Sandy. Too thick to be that loud. Irritating.

Love both gay(?) couples.

Love Leon and June.

Can't remember the names of the fat family with the mouthy daughter with glasses? She thinks she's being clever and funny. She isn't. I bet she goes round saying "Yeah I'm terrible me - I don't care what I say!" hmm

Clacton couple quite nice. Son a twerp.

Listmaker Tue 15-Apr-14 14:31:27

I love Gogglebox too. I tweeted Siddiqui dad as he had just joined Twitter and was inordinately pleased to get a response...sad!

Love Leon too and how soppy he is about June! Although he said something this week that put me off him a bit but can't remember what now!

Steph and Dom can be great - so sweet how they hold hands although can't believe he's my age - must be the alcohol aging him!

Not so keen on knitting family or the other family with the two kids - the daughter is VERY loud and quite annoying.

The vicar's dog makes me laugh and weird silent Jay!

NorbertDentressangle Tue 15-Apr-14 15:33:21

The ones with the 2 teenage children (very loud gobby daughter) annoy me but I can't help but be fascinated by the shape of the Dads head - he looks like a cartoon character that would be known as 'Meathead' or similar.

NorbertDentressangle Tue 15-Apr-14 15:36:35

This family ...although you don't get the full affect of his funny shaped head until he starts moving it around a bit.

The Tappers (I think).

ggirl Tue 15-Apr-14 16:26:30

agree NorbertDentressangle the father's sheer size mesmerizes me!!
same with the other essex dad..the one with the annoying adult sone with squeeky voice..the dad is enormous!

VeraClaythorne Tue 15-Apr-14 20:18:21

Have had to namechange (it's the op).

I know she's a child but I have to agree with what people have said about Amy. She's so rude and she comes out with the silliest things. I can't help but cringe as soon as she opens her mouth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now