The All New TENNIS Thread. For those with Sky and those without.

(1000 Posts)
IAmNotLouise Thu 19-Sep-13 11:01:37

Accidentally filled up the last thread without realising.

Have the day off today so can sit and watch the tennis scores update.

We still have tennis tennis too.

JuanPotatoTwo Tue 21-Jan-14 10:56:17

Have started new thread.

threebats Tue 21-Jan-14 10:49:24

Alright, alright - quit with the Boris worship - he is mine, that we established early on - if I find any one of you chumps in a cupboard with my Boris there will be consequences - that's all I am saying... I am off to college.
You've been warned.

Raahh Tue 21-Jan-14 10:46:09

Juan we do need a new thread. it depends whether you want pictures or not...probably best we stick to telly addicts and linking to pictures or three might fill the thread with Boris pictures grin

Raahh Tue 21-Jan-14 10:44:36

Well, I'm back- definitely frozen, referred for physio and have stronger anti-inflammatories. (sp)

Made me feel great by saying it can last 2-3 yearssadgrin

Blimey- Go Stan!

Three- that's how i feel about Federer, I am not usually bothered if he wins or not, but whilst he's in, i see more of Edberggrin. Of course there will be conflict, if he plays Nadal!

I agree that Boris looks far better casual, than trussed up in a suit. He has certainly aged well- he wasn't particularly good looking as a 17 year old. grin

threebats Tue 21-Jan-14 10:37:02

Undecided whether its a good or bad thing I have to leave soon - this match is tense... I want to watch but almost can't watch. Thankfully its out of my hands and I can't watch from precisely 10 mins time - its almost a relief... How I shall weep if Boris looks upset - forget Djok - Boris is my main concern, the poor chap looks desperately in need of a relaxing massage those shoulders all tensed up and pulled forward like that. C'mon Djok for the love of all that is decent - Do not take Boris out of my Tv life so soon - give me another day or two....

JuanPotatoTwo Tue 21-Jan-14 10:35:02

Yes good luck to both of you. Boris is looking good, think casual clothing suits him better than formal (although I expect three would contend that no clothing might be best).

Mama1980 Tue 21-Jan-14 10:22:48

Set Stan!
Hope your meeting goes well threebats and the dr goes well rahhh.

threebats Tue 21-Jan-14 10:10:27

Oh God, Oh God - I just saw Boris! (not you cupboard!)
Be still my beating heart.... Pensive, fabulous, russian wedding ringed (utter cow who ever she is) Boris....
Meeting at 11.30 - I just can't breath - How I love Boris.

JuanPotatoTwo Tue 21-Jan-14 09:59:57

Shall I start a new thread? Are we staying in Telly Addicts?

JuanPotatoTwo Tue 21-Jan-14 09:57:57

Wow

Raahh Tue 21-Jan-14 09:52:37

Well, I get a phone call, and t's suddenly shaping up to be more of a match. I have to go to the dr's in a little bit though. I've been putting it off, but I think i have a frozen shoulder, and it is really starting to cause me a lot of pain. Dh got fed up with my whinging and made the appointment.

It's the end of my tennis careersad
grin

[tennis]

Mama1980 Tue 21-Jan-14 09:46:34

I thought the commentator who said something about djokovic s outfit being like something out of Star Trek had a point-some weird lines on that shirt!

Mama1980 Tue 21-Jan-14 09:45:37

Yay Stan's woken up! Shaping up to be a good match

JuanPotatoTwo Tue 21-Jan-14 09:44:59

second set to stan

JuanPotatoTwo Tue 21-Jan-14 09:38:38

yay, game on.

JuanPotatoTwo Tue 21-Jan-14 09:36:44

I'll deal with muddledmagi's remarks later. But for now - Djok/Stan match improving as it goes on. I really want to Djok to win, but also Stan to put up a good show, I like him a lot. Not keen on Djok's outfit - the grey looks like white gone grubby.

Raahh Tue 21-Jan-14 09:15:06

Hope it's not too bad, threebats.flowers

I agree about Ferrer, only saw the last set and a bit- ordinarily, he'd have put up more fight than that. sad though- I like Ferrer.

Last year's Djok/Stan match was epic. Just got back from the school run, this one doesn't seem to be going Stan's way.

magimedi Tue 21-Jan-14 08:32:43

Hope it goes OK 3bats.

Mama1980 Tue 21-Jan-14 07:40:42

Sounds a nightmare 3bats I hope everything goes ok x
Berdych through ferrer looked half asleep. Watched the whole thing as neither ds2 nor dd2 slept last night, gonna need brew today!
Looking forward to djok vs Stan.

threebats Tue 21-Jan-14 07:28:46

I am up! I have not got any tennis on [tennis] as I need all my bone weary faculties in place for a monster meeting in college this morning.

Allegations were made overnight, online (the lovely facebook) about my son, his tutor, other students - all of which dd of the elder variety has taken photo's of - its not going to be too nice today for me - I suspect it was simply students kicking off about being caught out bullying but an allegation was made about a tutor that I have to address this morning. If it is true - heaven help the place - if it is a fib said by a student to get retaliation - heaven help her - either way, its going to be a tough morning.

What I would not give right now to be living a solitary life on a desert island with Sky Sports and plenty of beer - Castaway on purpose...
[tennis]

magimedi Mon 20-Jan-14 22:37:50

I am not going to give ELPeskyJuan the chance!

Being older & wiser I wil save her from herself!

But I am certain we would all be very appealing! (In one way or another, even if in court the next day grin )

threebats Mon 20-Jan-14 22:27:52

We planned to meet up at middle Sat next Wimbledon to get pissed on the Hill and generally behave appealingly... Appealingly? I mean appallingly!
Although.., if Boris is about... Anyhow, not sure if it will all come about but am up for a plan of it if anybody else is - I really, really want to see Juan and Magi going head to head over potato - we can call it the mash up!

magimedi Mon 20-Jan-14 22:13:18

Are we having a meet up?

A tennis [tennis] meet up?

Bring on the wine or Pimms!

I will be there - with swords drawn at the PeskyJuan grin

(Who I would actually really like to meet - in a dark alleyway)

BaconAndAvocado Mon 20-Jan-14 21:46:30

What happens at the middle Saturday meet up?

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Mon 20-Jan-14 21:38:12

We're going to have to chain you down at the MN middle Saturday meet up aren't we? grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.