True Entertainment,Channel 61 on Freeview. Hidden treasure trove of films.

(5 Posts)
UhOhChongo Wed 11-Sep-13 21:37:57

Has anyone else found this channel? I only found it by accident and it isn't in my TV listings magazine yet. It's my new favourite channel, lots of American feelgood TV movies plus eclectic others, eg. An American Werewolf in London, The Walton's, Little House on the Prairie, the Winds of War mini-series. Taggart from the very beginning. Not too much repetitive Groundhog Day style scheduling either. It's not been going for long, but I'm liking it so far.

Davros Wed 11-Sep-13 22:06:01

I will have a look at it. What I'm really looking for is a channel showing classic Hollywood movies. There isn't one since TCM turned westerns only and the Sky Classic one disappeared

UhOhChongo Wed 11-Sep-13 22:45:50

Thanks for response Davros, unfortunately this channel won't provide the Hollywood classics you're looking for. But it is a source of variety at least.

PS. I am totally with you on the search for classics front. BBC2 have been showing some old B&W movies at 6/7am type time slots on some Sat/Suns. But it's not enough and I can't understand either the obsession with westerns/war films = old movies.

A Freeview channel with a whole gamut of films from the 30's-50's would be bliss, as would it's sister channels of 60's-70's and 80's-90's films.

Davros Thu 12-Sep-13 23:40:48

Why doesn't someone do it? I'm sure we're not the only ones who want classic Hollywood movies and they must be cheap to show. Not as cheap as westerns it seems. Must remember to check TE channel

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Tue 15-Nov-16 09:24:38

I know this is a zombie but has anyone managed to get the spin off from this channel True Christmas, channel 74, I've re tuned Freeview but nothing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now