Masterchef Australia 2013

(249 Posts)
Sunnymeg Mon 09-Sep-13 13:01:28

It's back, beginning on 15th September on WATCH. This year should be interesting as apparently they have made changes to the format that didn't' go down too well with viewers. Anyway I'm looking forward to spending time with George, Gary and Matt for the next few months.

Davros England Sun 08-Dec-13 21:27:11

We only just watched the final. We enjoyed it but think the last round should be their own food, not the first one. That"desert" was bleurgh and so pretentious. I wanted Lynton to win and was glad Samira didn't although she really improved, both in her cooking and her personality. Let's face it, none if them was particularly good, quite rubbish really. Compare Emma to Druv Baker

PseudoBadger Sun 01-Dec-13 17:31:11

Never google anything at all about the show either before the end. I learnt that in series 2...

sparkle101 Sun 01-Dec-13 17:23:13

Well I can finally post on this thread!!! A piece of advice for all you fellow Australian MasterChef fans, do not like them on Facebook, otherwise you find out who won before it even started. Was pretty in exciting viewing cause of this!!!! I had to stay away from the thread incase I dropped in the winner.

Flickering Sun 01-Dec-13 12:04:08

That's crazy, Pseudobadger! Poor Lynton, having to go through the pretense and then finding out he didn't get it sad

PseudoBadger Sun 01-Dec-13 10:33:47

*alternative

PseudoBadger Sun 01-Dec-13 10:25:40

I just read that they filmed alternate endings, of each of them winning, and that they only found out who'd won when it aired.

Ellenora5 Sat 30-Nov-13 15:41:33

Me too Sunnymeg, I hope they go back to the original format

I was really hoping Lynton would win sad

Sunnymeg Sat 30-Nov-13 14:33:41

So, the one whose boyfriend once worked for Heston Bleumental won.

Hoping for better next year!

Flickering Sat 30-Nov-13 12:33:14

Nooooooooooooooooooooooopoooooooop!!!
Travesty!!! angry

I was glad about the top two but the winner was just so undeserving IMO. Grrrrr.

puzzlepetal Fri 29-Nov-13 21:49:46

I loved it. Will miss watching every day. Thought Lynton would win but well done to Emma.

PanicMode Fri 29-Nov-13 17:24:53

Gutted with the result - the loser was robbed! I have watched this series, but don't think it was a particularly good one.....

getdownshep Fri 29-Nov-13 15:17:11

I'm so disappointedsad
I just knew that person was going to bloody pip the other one at the post.

LIZS Fri 29-Nov-13 07:17:14

Saw it and wasn't convinced about the result . Where was Adriano ? sad I knew who won , found on fb by accident a few weeks back, but just glad it wasn't a less worthy one.

Ellenora5 Fri 29-Nov-13 00:09:35

Where have you all gone, it was the finale, was I on my own watching it sad...what did you all think, I'm afraid to post incase I spoil it for someone who hasn't watched it confused

Ellenora5 Wed 27-Nov-13 19:13:19

Well to say I'm shocked is an understatement, I was sure Rishi was there till the end, I would have preferred him than Samira, I never warmed to her at all, Lynton to win so grin

Agree about masterclass tonight Sunnymeg, it could indeed be the highlight

Don't forget everyone it will be on for two hours tomorrow night, make sure nothing clashes if you are recording it, after we put in all this time it would be a shame if we missed the last hour smile

getdownshep Wed 27-Nov-13 14:37:31

COME ON LYNTON!

Sunnymeg Wed 27-Nov-13 07:47:18

Masterclass tonight, with the return of last year's winner Andy and his best mate Ben. This could turn out to be the highlight of the whole series!!

Flickering Tue 26-Nov-13 22:11:26

How can Samira still be in and Rishi gone? Every time she cooks you wonder if the food will be raw. And she can only do one cuisine.
Lynton to win! My money's been on him since early days and he definitely deserves it more than the others

I second your NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo, Flickering. That is such a bad result.

Flickering Tue 26-Nov-13 20:10:58

Noooooooooooooooo!

LIZS Tue 26-Nov-13 16:33:50

Maybe Samira will bomb out tonight ?

PseudoBadger Tue 26-Nov-13 14:21:34

I'm not sure now, things are going Samira's way which is also bad. Come on Lynton!! who isn't good enough but never mind

Ellenora5 Tue 26-Nov-13 14:12:24

It's looking like he might Pseudo, last one on Thursday, so we will know then, one more boring masterclass tomorrow night I think, jesus if they don't know it now they never will.

I won't miss it and I hate saying that but it really wasn't one of the better series sad

PseudoBadger Mon 25-Nov-13 19:24:59

I'll be very upset if Rishi wins, he's so arrogant.

Ellenora5 Mon 25-Nov-13 18:21:41

Phew glad she is gone, great news for Lynton grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now