Strictly fans over here!!

(1000 Posts)
FamiliesShareGerms Sat 07-Sep-13 18:59:38

who do we think will be the early favourites? Who will get to the grand finale? Who will turn most orange?

It's starting now and I am very excited...!

Davros Sat 14-Sep-13 21:26:00

How stupid to have an intro programme weeks before it actually starts. I can't see the sense I. That other than giving them more time to practise. I don't care if they need more time, it should be on now or not start until its ready to go out, grrrrr

SpanishFly Sun 15-Sep-13 22:16:09

Davros, theyve done this for the past few years at least - they have a "launch" show where they get to meet their partners, then have a few weeks to practise with them.

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Sun 15-Sep-13 22:55:11

I think I preferred it when they did a launch show the week before. They had the best bits from the last series and footage of them meeting their partners, and doing the publicity shots. Series six was like that.

I find this all a bit... drawn out.

It is very drawn out.

Davros Sun 15-Sep-13 23:44:32

I've blanked out that they did it before. I shall remain outraged! grin

CloudOfStarlings Mon 16-Sep-13 09:15:31

I think they do it this way now just to compete with X Factor, so Strictly is in people's minds before it actually starts..as X Factor always starts earlier. Personally I quite like seeing them find out who their partner is & then the anticipation of waiting a couple of weeks til it starts, makes it all last longer smile

Have we worked out whether it'll be a 4 couple final again though? Cos that I really didn't like, it was crap how Dani & Vincent just got shoved aside coming in 4th place, not part of the 'final 3' or the group dance by the other celebs.

CloudOfStarlings Wed 25-Sep-13 16:03:09

So has everyone been watching the First Steps vids on BBC site? I'm impressed by Patrick he looks really good! Some pretty shocking ones in there but really good partnerships, can't wait for Friday!! (actually will be Saturday for me as I'm out Friday so planning a marathon viewing of both shows on Sat, heaven!)

Echocave Wed 25-Sep-13 19:07:12

I haven't got my SCD groove on yet! I need to start watching some dancing (not all the filler). I record this and fast forward through all the Bruce/Tess/Darcey stuff. Can watch it in half the time!

I hope Mark Benton's ok, I love him. Totally agree that Fiona will be quite good but half way through it will get too difficult (mind you, I thought that about Pamela Stevenson - how wrong I was!). I think Vanessa will be funny in the face of the judge's comments. My least favourite people so far are Julian (have seen him being unnecessarily bitchy in some other show - project runway! Sheesh must get out more) and Susanna Reid. But that's because I used to know her and didn't like her.
I'm sure she's proper charming now though...

Just re-marking my place.

So excited for tomorrow now. smile

fjp1984 Fri 27-Sep-13 11:06:47

I'm also waiting for Saturday - hate having to wait the extra day to see everyone perform.
Gonna be hard ignoring the telly tonight though

carabos Fri 27-Sep-13 14:08:32

I will watch it this weekend then not bother until the no-hopers have gone out. I refuse to put more than six weeks into it grin too much commitment starting this early.

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Fri 27-Sep-13 16:16:46

Is anybody going out this week?

katatonic Fri 27-Sep-13 21:01:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsBramleyApple Fri 27-Sep-13 21:05:29

I tweeted Ben Cohen this morning and got a tweet back.grin
I am SICK the Feltz whingeing already! She is being paid good money and should put up or shut up!!!!hmm

icecubed Fri 27-Sep-13 21:06:31

Well hellooooooooo Artem

Flossiechops Fri 27-Sep-13 21:07:06

Is Tess pregnant? She looks slightly bigger than the last series.

icecubed Fri 27-Sep-13 21:07:31

Really not sure about Tess's dress

EmmelineP Fri 27-Sep-13 21:08:16

Flossie I thought exactly the same thing and came on here to see if I was alone in thinking it!

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Fri 27-Sep-13 21:08:59

He's going to be very sleep deprived by the end of the series isn't he?

katatonic Fri 27-Sep-13 21:09:09

SuffolkNWhat Fri 27-Sep-13 21:09:25

Tess always wears the dress no one ekes would wear

Fiderer Fri 27-Sep-13 21:09:38

Tess looks inflated. That radioactive yellow dress not helping.

tallulah Fri 27-Sep-13 21:10:39

Flossie we've just said that. Can't stand the way she fidgets from leg to leg. DD asked if she needed a wee.

SuffolkNWhat Fri 27-Sep-13 21:11:42

This thread is not accepting new messages.