is there a Dexter thread?

(120 Posts)
buss Sat 07-Sep-13 13:06:41

can't find one...anyone?

Phoenixwoman Sun 13-Oct-13 21:51:20

Oh, so annoyed. Just caught up with s8 finale and it was so wrong and disappointing. I don't mind the Deb death so much or the burial at sea as she was one of Dexters victims. However, it was all so implausible, wheeling a dead body out of the hospital, not killing the brain surgeon the first time who knows he's a serial killer, sailing into a hurricane and surviving! But the worst was leaving Harrison with a known fugitive, they'll be chased and Harrison put into child services sad I know I'm over investing in this but I can't help feeling that dexter has let Rita, Cody and Astor down.

PeanutPatty Fri 04-Oct-13 19:26:06

I'm so disappointed with S8. I even quit the SkyPlus series link when I had a clash appear. All previous Series were amazing. Absolutely brilliant and left you wanting more after each episode. Series 8 didn't seem credible.

HighBrows Thu 03-Oct-13 14:20:07

But what about Harrison, do his grandparents and siblings not wonder where he is I know this isn't real or was he presumed to be on the boat? Seriously, is Harrison presumed to be awol? Or kidnapped... It doesn't make any sense.

I hated the ending, it was just silly. Dexter should've been revealed to the world for what he was.... Yes let him escape but exonerate LaGuerta and Doakes... that would've been ok!

And while I'm on the subject did Dexter jump off the boat in a storm and swim to Canada or wherever the fuck he is? Nonsense ending angry hmm

ThatVikRinA22 Wed 02-Oct-13 21:39:39

fuck a bastard duck.
just watched the last one.

pissed off. muchly.

i thought there were rumours of a spin off with Deb and Quinn?? and how could he just leave everyone like that?
i liked hannah but i wanted him to have a happy ending - not this.

cocoleBOO Wed 02-Oct-13 17:24:15

This series was far too busy, too long and too many people appearing for the first time.

cocoleBOO Wed 02-Oct-13 17:23:07

I've been thinking about this since Sunday, they shouldn't have killed Debs. Dexter should have died and then they could do a spin off police series with everyone else on it smile

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 02-Oct-13 17:13:47

Still can't believe he would leave the one thing he loved so much ie Harrison - to allow him to think he was dead

FoofFighter Wed 02-Oct-13 15:26:09

So disappointed. 8 bloody years. What on earth were the writers thinking??

I thought when he stood holding Deb in the boat that he was going to inject himself and let them both topple over into the water.

THAT would have been a good ending, not this sad

And to be left with such an open ending leaves us all with (probably) false hope that he'll be back.

sad

hudyerwheesht Mon 30-Sep-13 16:15:51

Agree with Blatantredhead, Hannah did not deserve the happy ending. If somehow Deb had ended up with Harrison, that would have been preferable. I actually thought that might be where it was heading with the whole baby Harrison flashback...

anon2013 Mon 30-Sep-13 13:58:00

wad? Sat! lol

anon2013 Mon 30-Sep-13 13:54:54

Vogels son knew too much for a start that's why I wad Sat in disbelief when he didn't kill him sad

TheFabulousIdiot Mon 30-Sep-13 13:52:45

I think Deb had to die to bring it home to Dexter how bloody stupid he was being to go against the code.

Why on earth did he decide not to kill Vogel's son when he could have?

limitedperiodonly Mon 30-Sep-13 13:24:00

But Deb had to die. She murdered LaGuerta, who was going through one of her nice phases, rather than scheming bitch phases.

TheFabulousIdiot Mon 30-Sep-13 13:22:31

one thing that really really bugged me was when the private eye (Deb's old boss) dropped off some things in a paper bag at her house as an excuse to try to get into the house. Why oh why oh why didn't he fit some kind of tracking device or recorder to the bag and why oh why didn't debs even bother to check the back to see if he had? Surely with them both working in the private eye profession one of them would have thought to do so?

BlatantRedhead Mon 30-Sep-13 13:07:00

Batistas reaction to the stabbing did make me laugh out loud though.

BlatantRedhead Mon 30-Sep-13 13:05:28

That ending left my blood boiling - Hannah fucking McKay walks off into the sunset with Harrison and Debra dies??? Wtf? I know Deb has been very annoying over the years but she really grew on me. Hannah McKay is a 'nothing' character. No personality, only there to serve a specific purpose. Why does she get the happy ending?? And Dexter didn't die or get caught or anything, just abandoned his son to be raised by another serial killer?? Wtf???

DP and I bitched repeatedly during this series about the lack of brains going into the writing. She couldn't buy a wig to disguise herself? Not even fucking sunglasses? Jeez...

Appalled.

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 30-Sep-13 12:53:44

maybe they left it like that so can come back in 5years time

still cant believe he has left harrison with a deranged serial killer grin and one that has no brains to disguise her self hmm

dexter left her a little bag of stuff she may needs, snacks and stuff !!!

anon2013 Mon 30-Sep-13 12:18:41

The ending would've made sense if this wasn't the last season, but it is!.

TensionWheelsCoolHeels Mon 30-Sep-13 12:12:25

Good point limited. I think it would have made it more, I dunno, complete if Batista had realised La Guerta was right about Dexter i.e. you saw that he made that connection. He obviously wasn't convinced of the self defence argument but he clearly didn't think Dexter=serial killer. It stopped too soon to get there though so we'll never know.

Do we think there'll be a 'one off, final final special' at some point in the future? Maybe Batista takes a holiday in a log cabin and comes across a loner he thinks looks familiar...

limitedperiodonly Mon 30-Sep-13 12:03:52

I wondered whether he might kill the wrong people now.

Someone pointed out the bag of tricks Dexter gave Hannah. I forgot about his meaningful words.

I think Batista probably did realise at the end. So did Quinn, but Batista was a bit more thoughtful about it. I suppose he would come to realise that Dexter and Deb were responsible for LaGuerta's murder.

TensionWheelsCoolHeels Mon 30-Sep-13 11:58:11

It. It might have swung...

TensionWheelsCoolHeels Mon 30-Sep-13 11:57:24

Limited, you could just picture Quinn with that confused look, shouting WTF while waving his gun in all directions. I might just have swung the sergeant's promotion he was so keen on...grin

limitedperiodonly Mon 30-Sep-13 11:54:05

by some bizarre twist Quinn (as in worked something out and acted on it) actually stumbled across dexter's kill room while he was mid chop.

The older I get the more I realise there are more Quinns in the world than Holmeses.

Apologies to any police officers who can do the job. I know you're out there and I'm grateful.

TheFabulousIdiot Mon 30-Sep-13 11:53:25

I would think, that he's drifting from job to Job and maybe, just maybe, he will drift into Harrison's life at some point. Honestly the thought of Harrison not being with his dad really upset me. I would rather he be with Dexter than with Hannah but I suppose Hanna only killed because she had to, she isn't a killer like Dexter - with a drive to murder people.

I just wonder how will Dexter kill the right people now, without the benefit of working in a police environment where he could find people who deserved it.

*I am Dueling by the way - Just name changed.

TheFabulousIdiot Mon 30-Sep-13 11:50:43

"Does Hannah keep a syringe full of horse tranquiliser cocked and ready in her pocket at all times? "

Didn't Dexter give her his bag and say it had 'some things she might beed for the journey'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now