The Guilty anyone?

(85 Posts)

Just about to start on ITV.

(I need something to rinse Pat and Cabbage out of my brain. Crock of sh*t if ever there was)

diddl Sat 21-Sep-13 09:05:24

Well I guess it gave Luke nightmares as he was young when he saw it, & Felix realised that he'd done a terrible thing by showing too such young kids.

And Felix asked them not to tell as he obviously knew he'd get into trouble for it.

ButThereAgain Sat 21-Sep-13 08:47:52

Why did Luke and Callum's older friend feel so tormented, years later, about the episode where he showed them the partial strangulation game. He had no idea whatsoever that the boy had died as a result of it, or from strangulation. Why did he remind luke to say nothing of it, as if it implicated him in the death?

And how much did Luke actually know of how Callum died? He was asleep through it all and woke only enough to recall a "nightmare", and yet he couldn't really blame himself unless he had known that Callum had got up and copied the strangulation game.

BoozyBear Sat 21-Sep-13 08:41:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

waikikamookau Sat 21-Sep-13 08:16:11

i thought it had a really good ending sad very satisfactory, and obviously sad
apart from the aSD, while do they put that in all new series. of what relevance is it?

diddl Fri 20-Sep-13 17:06:17

Sorry, meant Callum, the youngest boyblush

I guess it's about the only version of a child's death that we hadn't had yet?

BoozyBear Fri 20-Sep-13 17:03:24

diddl Fri 20-Sep-13 15:57:30

I found the story with the policewoman's son more interesting than the "whodunnit".

The little boy playing Sam(?)-how gorgeous was he!

clangermum Fri 20-Sep-13 15:42:59

Yes, it was unsatisfying.

The asd storyline seemed a bit 'bolted on' too

diddl Fri 20-Sep-13 15:25:03

He moved the body because the land was purchased.

I thought that it was really disappointing.

I hadn't thought about "whodunnit", but hated that it was Luke himself.

clangermum Fri 20-Sep-13 13:26:40

Dad must have thought Luke was implicated, otherwise why cover it up. But did he think Luke was responsible, when in fact Callum had died from trying the game on his own? Or did he think it was a game they were playing together, and thought Luke would be blamed by his wife for being the eldest (and not her own son)?

clangermum Fri 20-Sep-13 13:22:07

Thanks Boozy. I'd missed the bit about asphyxiation game. I'd assumed from the judo belt round his neck that Luke had strangled Callum because of the bath flashbacks, but that would account for Luke having nightmares himself about not being able to breathe.

Think the dad moved the body because it was due to be flooded.

eddiemairswife Fri 20-Sep-13 12:57:04

Bit confused. The father buried Callum on the land his company owned. He subsequently moved the body (why?) to the communal garden. Why did no-one notice the disturbed ground where it was re-buried, and when did he do it? It must have been at night-time and taken some time, so why didn't his wife notice his absence?

BoozyBear Fri 20-Sep-13 08:32:39

clangermum Fri 20-Sep-13 07:51:07

The neighbour's boy who came back for his mum's wedding - what was he supposed to have shown Luke?

And the neighbour (mum) remembers going to her front door, mentioning something about the blue blanket (saying it suggests the boy was taken? Can't quite remember) and thinking Rose overheard that before she told him to get lost. Yet the police hadn't previously known about it or asked parents in original enquiry? It seemed like completely new evidence in the second investigation when it was dug up. That bit didnn't add up at all for me.

Was neighbour involved in some way? Was she looking out at detective from her house at the very end when detective had just got into her car. What was that supposed to suggest - her involvement?

BoozyBear Fri 20-Sep-13 00:13:27

Snazzyenjoyingsummer Thu 19-Sep-13 23:23:52

I think that final explanation was there as an 'unexpected' extra twist but wasn't actually very satisfying.

Cindy34 Thu 19-Sep-13 23:11:09

Little unexpected. So did Luke witness it?

Ruprekt Thu 19-Sep-13 22:57:22

Meh......how could he do that to his wife.....just awful.....confused

I know Born. Bit of a let-down, tbh hmm

BornOfFrustration Thu 19-Sep-13 22:34:00

Well, I didn't see that coming

eddiemairswife Sat 14-Sep-13 15:17:03

Luke was only about 7 at the time, so if he was involved he would have needed help to move the body. The missing blue blanket seems to point to someone in the household. I wonder if it went missing at the time of the disappearance or later. As the body was found buried in the communal garden it seems unlikely that no-one noticed anything. I hope all the loose end get tied up and we get a proper ending.

MisguidedAngel Sat 14-Sep-13 12:41:30

I missed the last few minutes - bloody Humax - do we know who the guy in the car park is, the one who tried to jump the detective?

I like your theory nennypops

nennypops Sat 14-Sep-13 12:05:27

Was there significance in the father telling Luke that it was an accident? Seems to suggest that they both know more about at least some of it.

BoozyBear Fri 13-Sep-13 18:05:52

diddl Fri 13-Sep-13 15:28:12

Who was the guy at the end who confessed?

So now they're not sure when he went missing?

And no one heard anything as the father was with the blonde woman, the mother was drunk & the nanny shagging Jason?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now