The Guilty anyone?

(85 Posts)

Just about to start on ITV.

(I need something to rinse Pat and Cabbage out of my brain. Crock of sh*t if ever there was)

PanicMode Fri 06-Sep-13 12:59:22

Apparently this was written before Broadchurch (which I haven't seen - am I the only one in the country?!). I thought it was good and am looking forward to the next episode....although one interview I read said that the ending isn't concrete although we do find out how/who but not the why....so I hope that's not going to be irritating.

MortifiedAdams Fri 06-Sep-13 12:59:50

Ahhhhh okay, gosh the boys are two years apart....they moved quick!

MortifiedAdams Fri 06-Sep-13 13:00:40

All the blokes are letching over the blonde...have they all slept with her?

limitedperiodonly Fri 06-Sep-13 13:10:37

Is it worth it? I stayed away because I can't stand Katherine Kelly's gurning that she does instead of acting.

BoozyBear Fri 06-Sep-13 13:22:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

eddiemairswife Fri 06-Sep-13 13:25:54

I must have missed something. I thought the boyfriend's name was Felix, so didn't understand the reference to Jason. Who is Felix then? When was the Nanny in hospital? I shall have to watch it again this evening after MasterChef.

Bumbez Fri 06-Sep-13 13:40:00

I missed something too eddie as I thought the boyfriend was shown at the end being walked away from the lake by his mum, but had put on a bit of weight in 5 years. I have no idea who Jason is or Felix.

My theory - accidental death via drugs and failed resuscitation. Boyfriends mum did it.

cashmiriana Fri 06-Sep-13 13:58:02

I think Jason is the boyfriend, doesn't live there, was invited to the party but only went to their house to shag the nanny (who I think may be Dutch?)

Felix is a different teenage lad, the son of the neighbour/friend. He was sent back to the house with all the children to babysit/ watch a dvd, and was the one who told the boys he had something to show them.

I've just watched it on itv player. It's every mums worst nightmare. Katherine Kelly is good.
When is next episode?

MortifiedAdams Fri 06-Sep-13 16:58:08

That teen lads mum seems like she would do anythibg to get her son to like her.

anything

eddiemairswife Fri 06-Sep-13 17:58:08

Oh, I see. I thought the boy friend and the one who took the children to watch a dvd were the same person. Thanks.

GreenShadow Fri 06-Sep-13 19:31:24

Me too eddiemairswife.

Really need to stop MNing at the same time as I watch TV and start concentrating!

eddiemairswife Fri 06-Sep-13 23:42:42

Why cast two young actors of similar appearance to play two different teenage boys? They also were wearing similar reddish tops to start with. Having watched it again I assume the mysterious person on the bench by the lake was the nanny.

Tee2072 Sat 07-Sep-13 07:45:22

I'm assuming it was deliberate to cause confusion.

Wingedharpy Sat 07-Sep-13 12:53:48

I thought Katherine Kelly was excellent too.
The bit where the Policewoman came to tell them that the body was their son's was sooo painful to watch.
I have no idea who dunnit but am enjoying finding out.

nannynick Sat 07-Sep-13 16:03:28

The two people at lake right at the end, not sure who they are.

Who is Frank, why shown/mentioned from time to time? Just a neighbour? He is married to Llse, who helps make food for the party. Why all this thing about the neighbourhood party? Body was found in communal gardens... something to do with neighbours?

Are we being led down a path in believing that Callum did a repeat of the letting himself out of the house, as was shown happening before (and was mentioned as that occasion not being the first time)? Do we really know that he went out of the house this time - Claire was sleeping on the sofa downstairs, Daniel presumably was upstairs, as was Nina. But were they? Was Jason still there (under police interview he says he was in the house on the night of the party) but claims to have never seen the "kid".

What was Jason wanting Nina to get from the house? Seemed like Nina was looking through paperwork.

Are all the children accounted for - there were several playing out in the street and at the party. Maybe one or more moved away after Callum went missing, maybe they know something. Maybe the stranger by the lake at the end, is a returning child, who has a secret to tell?

MortifiedAdams Sat 07-Sep-13 16:16:14

Think its Nina at the end - maybe in a psych hospital?

Tee2072 Sat 07-Sep-13 19:25:18

I thought it was Nina at the end.

I'm still not sure which teenager is which.

The Times panned it, BTW. smile

nannynick Sat 07-Sep-13 23:45:09

Older brother Luke did it - like that idea. It was then covered up, by nanny & Jason perhaps.

Have to wait till Thursday to find out more.

nennypops Sun 08-Sep-13 00:00:27

nannynick, I thought that Frank was the old bloke who was supervising the digging, and who also turned up organising the barbecue. But I wasn't too sure.

Llareggub Sun 08-Sep-13 10:30:26

I was really disappointed by The Guilty. I was also confused by the teenagers. I will watch next episodes but I fear it will end up a damp squib. Does anyone arrange a BBQ with all the neighbours anyway? Feels like it was written for the American market.

MortifiedAdams Sun 08-Sep-13 11:40:49

Glad its only three episodes.

I absoloutley adored Broadchurch and while it needed all 12 episodes, I wish they had run them Mon-Thurs for three weeks. It was on a loooooong time.

Yes, the communal bbq was odd. Maybe it should have had a purpose - charity fundraiser or anniversary of something but a random street bbq....odd.

M0naLisa Sun 08-Sep-13 12:58:17

The boy who met the nanny in the ginnel was the same boy who toon the boys to watch a DVD wasn't it? That was Felix?
Who's Jason?

BoozyBear Sun 08-Sep-13 12:59:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

I'm more confused now after reading this thread!
Might need to watch it again.
I have been thinking though, going by the name, there could be more than 1 or it would just be guilty, rather than 'the' guilty, wouldn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now