Is anyone else really itching for the new series of the Big Bang theory to start?

(17 Posts)
fussychica Mon 02-Sep-13 15:07:52

Love, love, love BBT and looking forward to more. My Frasier replacement therapygrin
New Girl is great but definitely more off the wall than BBT.

mummyaimz Mon 02-Sep-13 13:29:17

Yeah I don't want to say anything about new girl incase some people haven't seen it and are waiting to but yeah, was rooting for them from series one

cookielove Sun 01-Sep-13 13:06:29

Oooh i have never watched new girl, although i have caught a few clips online and think i know who you mean!

I get what you mean about bbt, but i do still love it and the ongoing penny/leonard story keeps me keen!!

mummyaimz Sat 31-Aug-13 22:53:42

No it's cool I know what you mean. I wasn't really too impressed with the last series either. Really hoping the next one will be better. I am very optimistic. I don't want it to be like 2 broke girls where I loved the first series and then when the second one started I really loathed Caroline and stopped watching it.

YokoUhOh Sat 31-Aug-13 22:37:15

(Sorry- massive wet blanket on thread - I used to love BBT and was really excited about it before the last series started)

YokoUhOh Sat 31-Aug-13 22:32:34

I think BBT has jumped the shark; the characters have become predictable and laboured. Particularly cringesome are the incredibly wet Howard/Bernie and Raj's awful new girlfriend from Scrubs. It's all gone a bit Simpsons, much to my dismay sad New Girl is much fresher and has more of an improvised, authentic feel.

mummyaimz Sat 31-Aug-13 22:25:03

Schmidt is my favourite in new girl but yeah. Back to Big Bang theory...

I heard rumour (from a friend) that we will eventually find out penny's surname as she is the only one who we don't know her surname so I have one idea that that could be

Pan Sat 31-Aug-13 22:22:24

new girl? Really? No Penny?

mummyaimz Sat 31-Aug-13 22:18:14

And if Sheldon did become a sex addict I don't think Amy would mind

mummyaimz Sat 31-Aug-13 22:17:17

Oh the other program is new girl. Don't want to give too much away in case anybody who sees this hasn't seen it yet.

I think they will cause Sheldon has said he has considered sleeping with Amy and the episode with the dungeons and dragons game where the girls play and they do the whole bit of Amy and Sheldon doing it in the game, at the end of the episode the carry it on in his bedroom. one of my thoughts is that they will leave the whole shamy thing a mystery and then when they end the show completely, they will do it

Also I really want penny and Leonard to get really serious and maybe get engaged, especially after him being away for two months.

Pan Sat 31-Aug-13 22:14:52

knock knock Penny knock knock Penny knock knock Penny.grin

I think I've seen all of the previous episodes. New ones would be a bit like discovering a Frasier episode you've missed, except here there'd be loads of them!

cookielove Sat 31-Aug-13 22:03:40

Whats the other program? <nosy>

Oh yes Sheldon and Amy, or should we say 'Shamey'

I don't think they are going to, i think that Sheldon just doesn't get it. Although i think if they dtd then Sheldon may become an addict grin

mummyaimz Sat 31-Aug-13 21:15:41

I really want Sheldon and Amy to finally "get it together"

I already have one program where I really wanted two characters to get together from series one and they finally have so now I'm just waiting on Amy and Sheldon lol

I love big bang theory smile

mummyaimz Sat 31-Aug-13 21:14:15

Oh my god I can't wait. Do we have to wait until October like last year??

Deathbyladybirds Sat 31-Aug-13 21:13:27

Yes, yes, yes!

mummyaimz Sat 31-Aug-13 21:12:43

I know in America the Big Bang theory is going to start very very soon and I have heard the first episode is to be on hour long! I am so excited! Is anyone else?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now