Anyone going to try the new Cell Block H tomorrow?

(108 Posts)
Lighthousekeeping Tue 27-Aug-13 20:20:17

Wentworth on Channel 5? I've just finished Orange is the New Black so I'm quite into women's prison dramas blush

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 28-Oct-13 13:08:16

I think BEA will kill her for getting her son to kill her daughter

Now she has nothing to live for

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 28-Oct-13 13:07:29

I'm still watching

Poor Debbie sad pawn in the game

1to1webdesign Sat 26-Oct-13 12:11:45

Hi everybody.

www.WatchPrisonerCellBlockH.com is a NEW website with all 692 episode of Cell Block H. No annoying adverts or anything either smile

Sorry, but ignore the below :
<a href="http://www.watchprisonercellblockh.com"> cell block h </a>
<a href="http://www.watchprisonercellblockh.com"> prisoner cell block h </a>
<a href="http://www.watchprisonercellblockh.com"> watch prisoner cell block </a>
<a href="http://www.watchprisonercellblockh.com"> watch prisoner cell block h online </a>
<a href="http://www.watchprisonercellblockh.com"> prisoner cell block h episodes </a>

1to1webdesign Sat 26-Oct-13 12:11:05

Hi everybody.

www.WatchPrisonerCellBlockH.com is a NEW website with all 692 episode of Cell Block H. No annoying adverts or anything either smile

Sorry, but ignore the below :
<a href=" www.watchprisonercellblockh.com" > cell block h </a>
<a href=" www.watchprisonercellblockh.com" > prisoner cell block h </a>
<a href=" www.watchprisonercellblockh.com" > watch prisoner cell block </a>
<a href=" www.watchprisonercellblockh.com" > watch prisoner cell block h online </a>
<a href=" www.watchprisonercellblockh.com" > prisoner cell block h episodes </a>

differentnameforthis Fri 13-Sep-13 12:25:36

You have to detach from the original & try to imagine they are all completely new characters.

You will notice that the new characters have some things in common with the old, but that is really where the similarity ends.

I loved it, have seen the whole series (in Australia, we had it a few months ago).

Bea was originally in for beating up/killing (can't remember which) the women (her best friend, I think) that her husband had an affair with.

Lizzie was found not guilty of the poisonings, in the end.

Groovee Thu 12-Sep-13 17:26:07

It was Lynn Warner who Bea burnt in the press. It's on you tube.

Prisoner You tube

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 12-Sep-13 17:04:36

Owwwwweeee sad

Just watched the end - the bit with the iron and bee and Frankies hand - I was clutching myself sad

Thought she should scream a bit more though - press was held down for ages sad

Did that happen in the original ?

Wonder if will ever show the whole lot on tv ? Meant to be over 600 episodes

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 12-Sep-13 15:03:41

im still enjoying, prob as i never watched the original

Groovee Thu 12-Sep-13 13:57:07

Meg Jackson was an officer married to Bill and it was bill murdered not Meg. Frankie tried to take over from Bea who was in for something else. She got out and shot her hubby and got life. Lizzie was an old con who'd poisoned people.

It has been changed about. Vera Bennett isn't so nice in the original. Hence she ends up being called vinegar tits

I never watched PCBH, but am somewhat hooked on Wentworth.

Can anyone tell me what connections there are between this series and PCBH, please? Are there characters in common? Thanks!

Groovee Thu 12-Sep-13 08:44:12

I fell asleep during last nights.

But am on episode 41 on You tube of the original and they can work in the garden...

Meanwhile on bad girls they stuff envelopes.

I've recorded

They were always in the laundry.

The equipment there always looked a bit dangerous to be letting convicted criminals loose with....a great big heavy steaming press...always with Queen Bea at the helm. And a huge dryer that coukd fit hslf a dozen inmates in...

...were there actually any other jobs for them???

AnneEyhtMeyer Wed 11-Sep-13 22:06:56

Anyone still watching?

They're in the laundry!

Groovee Thu 05-Sep-13 17:07:55

I'm just about to watch episode 6 for the original prisoner on You tube. Have been a 4 day week at work so not had time to watch this week's wentworth.

SoleSource Thu 05-Sep-13 10:02:59

I know it was Mrs..... who was the Governer, the top screw

Ahhh Mrs Davidson the English Lady

AnneEyhtMeyer Thu 05-Sep-13 09:59:16

That's right, Sole, and Mrs Jackson wasn't the governor, was she? She was the nice prison warder.

SoleSource Wed 04-Sep-13 23:05:22

Mrs Jackson wasn't killed in the original it was her Husband

I can't believe no-one told me about this.

My mum used to record this for me and we would watch it whilst she ironed.

I'm a bit rusty on the old ones though....my need a you tube session...

I haven't watched it tonight, I probably will on the catch up. Not sure I like it enough tbh.

AnneEyhtMeyer Wed 04-Sep-13 22:07:21

Surely they would have CCTV in all areas of the prison in this day and age? I mean, yes, in the 70s or whenever it was this event originally happened they wouldn't have, but the premise is a bit weird now, surely? Or have I missed them knocking out the cameras?

I think Vera is about to discover her inner Vinegar Tits.

AnneEyhtMeyer Wed 04-Sep-13 22:01:25

Anyone watching tonight?

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 01-Sep-13 22:26:54

finally watched the repeat - wouldnt work on demand for me sad

but

really enjoyed it smile but have nothing to compare it to as didnt watch the original

emmelinelucas Sun 01-Sep-13 17:18:37

I was a teensy bit disappointed, I prefer the originals.
I will still watch next week, though.

Only trouble is now that I'm watching the old ones on YouTube. I'm on number 22 of 469 or thereabouts. I'll be watching it for the rest of my life!

Groovee Sat 31-Aug-13 11:28:20

I enjoyed it. I never saw the begining of prisoner. Just watched it later on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now