Anybody watching the drama 'What Remains' now on BBC1?

(427 Posts)
SoleSource Sun 25-Aug-13 21:12:51

Did you see the body? sad

Pinkpinot Fri 20-Sep-13 22:56:54

Waste of 4 hours of my life
How can there be so many disfunctional people living in one house, ridiculous.
Bloody awful

HarryStottle Fri 20-Sep-13 16:44:28

I found McIntosh's voice irritating - was he recovering from a nasty bout of laryngitis when he filmed this?

diddl Fri 20-Sep-13 07:49:40

I agree with that, NotA

His daughter was also in it as a character called Peri?

I suppose the irony(?) was that Melissa was killed by the only one who seemed to be her friend.

NotALondoner Thu 19-Sep-13 23:23:28

Phwoar to Steven Macintosh I think.

hellymelly Wed 18-Sep-13 23:33:50

I think Len was rather dishy (I like a flinty man).

valiumredhead Wed 18-Sep-13 22:21:13

Anom-if you look at it through a blue/green lens it will go back to creepygrin it was very effective how they filmed it.

HarryStottle Wed 18-Sep-13 22:19:53

Only the exterior of that house was used. Apparently the designer didn't want the interior to necessarily match the exterior - to give viewers a greater sense of confusion/disorientation.
If you look at the Right Move exterior photo it doesnt match up with the imaginary inside - the real house is far too big. Where are all the flats/occupants which should have been above the left hand garden flat in the TV version?
I am still creeped out after Sunday's episode. If I ever saw tall nasty lesbian at a yoga class or swimming pool (as have previous posters) I would run a mile!

2rebecca Wed 18-Sep-13 21:50:11

now removed from sale, they must have had loads of nosy telly watchers wanting to view the attic!

ANomNomNom Wed 18-Sep-13 21:02:52

That's hilarious,
It doesn't look as creepy in real life.
2million? I hope that doesn't include any sitting tenants. hmm

RhodaMorgenstern Wed 18-Sep-13 20:27:00
Animation Wed 18-Sep-13 20:12:17

Yes when Len answered the door to pregnant lady with a big smile on his face I thought they were an item.

Animation Wed 18-Sep-13 20:10:15

Yes baddie Elaine was stunning. Don't think she would have been alone for long if her lover had gone off.

They all seemed to end up alone one way or another - or dead and alone!!
confused

valiumredhead Wed 18-Sep-13 13:07:57

They do fall in love in my head

Sparklysilversequins Wed 18-Sep-13 12:48:27

I think they would have given the chance.

hellymelly Wed 18-Sep-13 11:15:21

I think Len and preggers girl should have fallen in love.

2rebecca Wed 18-Sep-13 09:44:36

Adam and his father were awful. The journalist should have kept away from them and had a lesbian affair with the pregnant woman who was the only other normal person in it.

demisemiquaver Wed 18-Sep-13 09:01:03

i agree with you both [tho' adam was pretty awful/damaged] but still really enjoyed this series.....it's good that a drama can still be made without being totally warped like so many of the other stuff like"broadchurch" , "guilty" and so on

Sparklysilversequins Wed 18-Sep-13 08:27:11

Yes Adam steps up for lady journalist, yet she goes back to rapist Kieron who tells Adam that ADAM has turned out badly? shockhmm

alpinemeadow Wed 18-Sep-13 07:15:44

Had lady journalist gone back to Keiron? If so, hmm. And i agree keiron didn't step up as a father - 'i don't like you so i won't see you any more'. Very constructive.
Couldn't keiron have suggested trying to improve their relationship (ie him and adam) rather than just shipping out? Very unimpressive - yet lady journalist goes back to him!

demisemiquaver Wed 18-Sep-13 01:08:12

good point sparkly!!!...had forgotten that !!
but all in all a V good series

Sparklysilversequins Wed 18-Sep-13 00:32:07

I was just thinking that today demi and as I recall wasn't it Adam the allegedly awful son who prevented Kieron from almost raping his girlfriend when pissed up? By turning the music up? Adam has had a lucky escape if you ask me!

demisemiquaver Tue 17-Sep-13 23:56:45

now freeling sorry for the fucked-up son

demisemiquaver Tue 17-Sep-13 23:51:26

not reading posts just now as still watching on i-player [about quarter-wayu thru ] but am feeling tres sorry for math teacher and def thinking is like "an inspector calls"

Yep, just caught up on iplayer. Probably not a good idea at past 11 when home alone in a block of flats - but a very good ending.

valiumredhead Tue 17-Sep-13 22:44:33

I mean the BBC I player.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now