Anybody watching the drama 'What Remains' now on BBC1?

(427 Posts)
SoleSource Sun 25-Aug-13 21:12:51

Did you see the body? sad

KhloeKardashian Sun 25-Aug-13 22:23:53

I missed the beginning, I will catch up on iplayer. I think it is not bad actually.

SoleSource Sun 25-Aug-13 22:26:08

I think your job as TV critic is safe from me Pan blush

I blame the multi pack of wagon wheels I was eyeing up. I resisted. grin

valiumredhead Sun 25-Aug-13 22:28:02

I loved it can't wait until next week. Reminded me of my flat dwelling days on a much smaller scalegrin

SoleSource Sun 25-Aug-13 22:30:44

vallium I lived in a house converted into flats just like that in London. Huge houses there. I think there are a lot like that. Was spooky.

valiumredhead Sun 25-Aug-13 22:40:46

Hi sole, not spoken for a while,I thought of you last week as we were in Ventnor. I got sun burned, ouch !grin

Yes it's funny, Dh said 'you must know that house is in London'smile

SoleSource Sun 25-Aug-13 23:06:20

Hi vallium smile xxx Oh how was it there? Did you like it?

valiumredhead Sun 25-Aug-13 23:32:20

It was fab and so warm,I burned and I had sun cream on,I never burn normally as I'm so careful. I'm dreaming of holiday homes or a camper van when Dh retires...

SoleSource Sun 25-Aug-13 23:38:21

oooh! I wish I was there too. I want to live there!! Go for it vallium, make sure you get two extra bedrooms for DS and I grin x

OctopusPete8 Sun 25-Aug-13 23:41:58

I like it , I like threllfall.

valiumredhead Mon 26-Aug-13 12:28:11

Ok sole, but if we get a camper van then we'll all have to take turns on the roof rackwink

SoleSource Mon 26-Aug-13 12:36:54

grin it's a deal! better than my actual house and better views grin

hattymattie Mon 26-Aug-13 17:24:39

I thought it quite creepy and claustrophobic - agreed half of London will be creeped out by watching it.

SoleSource Mon 26-Aug-13 17:30:50

hatty grin

roll on next instalment

diddl Mon 26-Aug-13 21:03:45

I thought it was great.

And the actress playing Melissa.

What did I see her in recently(?)

Sharing a house in the 60s(?) with MyAnna Annoying & Juliet Stevenson.

Choccyjules Mon 26-Aug-13 22:49:10

Just watched it on iplayer, liked it muchly.

I presume we're supposed to wonder about the guilt of the teacher in the basement...but I also thought the newspaper editor was shifty.

And two actresses from larkrise to candleford!

valiumredhead Mon 26-Aug-13 23:58:32

Did-yes I saw that too but can't remember what it was called.

nuppet Tue 27-Aug-13 00:19:57

She was in White Heat on BBC 2

diddl Tue 27-Aug-13 06:58:55

I thought about "White Heat" & then thought that that was a film with Charles Dance.

Wrong!-that was White Mischief!

Although there was a film White Heat with James Cagney!

But yes, I liked it-they all seem to have something to hide.

The guy from the cellar I assume didn't like her as it stopped him ingratiating himself with her mum.

And he's hiding an ex pupil??

And where has Victoria Hamilton's character disappeared to?

Or did I miss that?

SpanishFly Tue 27-Aug-13 08:01:12

Is it just coincidence that it has a lot of similarities to the real case of Joanna Yeates? Even the block of flats looks similar.
Her landlord lived in the same building and was the main suspect (and he was an ex teacher too). But it was someone else who also lived in the block who murdered her.

KhloeKardashian Tue 27-Aug-13 08:27:10

I think you are right there, even the last time people saw Melissa was just before Christmas.

diddl Tue 27-Aug-13 08:38:54

I did miss the bit where "Melissa" looked/went into the attic.

Did she she anyone/anything?

Is the place detached?

My first thought was a neighbour from an adjoining attic.

KhloeKardashian Tue 27-Aug-13 11:01:05

I watched the bit I missed on iplayer.

Basically Melissa came home to find the attic door open. Melissa went into her flat and dumped her shopping, ate a cube of chocolate and went back out into the hall. She called out no answer, then went up into the attic herself.

We were told two neighbours nearly went to court over the attic in the past, so nobody puts anything in there.

I also noticed that the teacher had keys for all the flats.

diddl Tue 27-Aug-13 11:47:19

And surely if you're going to commit suicide, you don't eat a square of chocolate & then do it??

Com'n people-did no one think of that yet??!!

bootsycollins Tue 27-Aug-13 11:48:43

Just watched it on iplayer. I'm ashamed to say it took me a good 45 minutes to twig onto Frank Gallagher being the detective. Was he wearing lots of guy liner? I knew he looked familiar but I kept thinking he must be some actor relation of Super Hans from Peep Show blush

I loved it, can't wait until next instalment despite it getting a high score on the cliche'o'meter

KhloeKardashian Tue 27-Aug-13 13:20:01

The shopping was so old, they had no way of knowing when she ate the cube of chocolate, no way of seeing what was in her digestive systems as it had exploded apparently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now