CBB night 3 and beyond....

(988 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

LovesBeingOnHoliday Sat 24-Aug-13 22:12:51

And so it begins....

valiumredhead Wed 04-Sep-13 17:45:55

Good, as long as you don't mind others posting too.

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 04-Sep-13 17:49:01

Remember the personal attacks rules please, folks

Feenie Wed 04-Sep-13 17:53:08

it seems that MN don't have any issues on this occasion either

That isn't true - at least one post doubting the veracity of the diagnosis has been deleted.

valiumredhead Wed 04-Sep-13 17:56:11

Someone explain to me why it is wrong to question Lauren's dyspraxia ! Why is it so wrong when her whole career is based on lies?

Feenie Wed 04-Sep-13 17:58:59

How about because it's just plain nasty, when you have no way of knowing if you have made a mistake re someone's disability?

valiumredhead Wed 04-Sep-13 17:59:53

And wrt myth 6-I an someone who doesn't 'look disabled' on a good day. If I lied throughout my early life then went on bb I world expect to be questioned, why on earth wouldn't I?confused

valiumredhead Wed 04-Sep-13 18:01:26

And lying isn't plain nasty?confused

Feenie Wed 04-Sep-13 18:06:09

What lies are you referring to, specifically?

Sparklysilversequins Wed 04-Sep-13 18:07:46

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

valiumredhead Wed 04-Sep-13 18:09:28

Feenie-try googling her.

Feenie Wed 04-Sep-13 18:10:49

Did you read that Feenie? You seem to be the ONLY one with an issue on the way people are posting on this thread.

I did read it - I don't think you did. I saw noddy's posts where she was also upset.

Feenie Wed 04-Sep-13 18:13:11

I've read lots about Lauren - nothing which talks about lies, other that her loathsome family's.

Sparklysilversequins Wed 04-Sep-13 18:14:02

"Loathsome" confused? How do you know? Do you know them personally?

Feenie Wed 04-Sep-13 18:17:41

No, but I know they have made up qualifications - Lauren's only counsellor for her sex change was her mother, using her own self-awarded qualification, rather than a proper psychotherapist. That's not ethical - or unloathsome.

Sparklysilversequins Wed 04-Sep-13 18:18:56

How do you know all this?

Feenie Wed 04-Sep-13 18:21:03

confused I've read it, I guess. Keith Allen refers to their own self-awarded qualifications.

Feenie Wed 04-Sep-13 18:25:48

Did you read that Feenie? You seem to be the ONLY one with an issue on the way people are posting on this thread.

First off, as we hope you all know, disablism is against our Talk Guidelines. We will delete such posts when they are reported to us. This includes posts that question the veracity of a person's diagnosis.

And they did delete one such post for exactly that. Was it too long a post for you to read, Sparkly - you have said before that you don't read long posts.

Sparklysilversequins Wed 04-Sep-13 18:26:29

Right. So you refer to a family as "loathsome" because you've "read" and "seen" something about them in the media.

I don't actually think I have seen anything that even comes close to that word in any other posters discussion of Lauren on here.

Will you report yourself? Or shall I?

Sparklysilversequins Wed 04-Sep-13 18:26:59

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Feenie Wed 04-Sep-13 18:32:37

There are some very interesting symptoms in that list that I wasn't aware of before.

Prone to low self-esteem, emotional outbursts, phobias, fears, obsessions, compulsions and addictive behaviour

Impulsive. Tendency to be easily frustrated, wanting immediate gratification

Difficulty in listening to people, especially in large groups. Can be tactless, interrupt frequently. Problems with team work

Lots of these seem to be things that make people/posters impatient or frustrated with Lauren. Could some of them be due perhaps to her dyspraxia?

Feenie Wed 04-Sep-13 18:34:17

Will you report yourself? Or shall I?

Go for your life, Sparkly!

Sparklysilversequins Wed 04-Sep-13 18:37:11

Possibly. But I think there's quite a lot of manipulation going on there too and I have two children with spectrum disorders.

I also think that she should NOT be in that house full stop. That's why I cannot watch her. It makes me really uncomfortable.

Sparklysilversequins Wed 04-Sep-13 18:37:42

I don't report Feenie. Not my style.

Feenie Wed 04-Sep-13 18:38:38

I agree with the first bit - I firmly believe all psych testing has gone out of the window with Channel 5. But I just feel so sorry for her.

Feenie Wed 04-Sep-13 18:39:42

I don't report Feenie. Not my style.

That's fine - it was your own suggestion that you do so though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now