Anyone watching Don't tell the bride?

(41 Posts)
Silverfoxballs Tue 20-Aug-13 21:32:31

The wedding at Stoke City at half time in front of 28,000 people!

Fantastic no need for humphy face, as I clearly said "irrational dislike due to psycho ex"

I hear it, it sends shivers down my spine.

He also is very similar to Stella's bloke from Corrie (the one who burned down the Rovers) and I feel a bit freaked watching issues grin

motownmover Wed 21-Aug-13 08:19:25

How can this thread be in the most active group??

Because when you add a comment to any thread it gets put to the top of Active threads, kind of does what it says on the tin wink

If Telly Addicts is beneath you, however, there is the option to hide the topic.

HTH smile

summerbreezer Wed 21-Aug-13 18:03:19

The thing that makes me so sad about programmes like this, is that you really do wonder what future these couples have.

It isn't cute that he chose to have their wedding at a football ground against her wishes, it is immature and selfish. If he can't put her first on her wedding day, is he really going to be a good husband? You could see the parents were really upset by the whole thing.

nocarsgo Thu 22-Aug-13 19:29:53

Didn't see this episode, but the Las Vegas one was TRAGIC. Genuinely don't know how she went through with the wedding, knowing that he pissed away the budget on a week-long jolly with the best man. When she sobbed at the airport after finding out her siblings weren't invited, I was willing her not to get on the plane.

As the Vegas wedding showed me, love is blind! I would love to see a follow up, to see what happened x years on.

I agree, the groom's in the above examples were immature and selfish.

Random ' blush

mazylou Thu 05-Sep-13 10:16:44

Only me still watching? I was away last week, and had a couple stacked up on the Humax. I thought nothing could be stupider than the £2K trip to Vegas until I saw the alien wedding. That poor, poor woman.

YoniBottsBumgina Thu 05-Sep-13 10:19:40

Oh a follow up would be brilliant - see which couples stood the test of time!

I love DTTB but hate the total disaster ones - seems really sad for the poor brides! I like the wacky ones that they end up loving, though.

mazylou Thu 05-Sep-13 10:27:28

They have done followups in the past, generally pretty interesting to see how they get on after the euphoria/lunacy of the wedding day.

I watched the Alien one, thought he was utterly selfish, it was all about him, he said a couple of times `this is me` `I want her to marry me for me`. Well what about her? He did not give one thought for her, even buying a ripped sample dress. grrr

lollilou Wed 02-Oct-13 14:05:55

I think the format is getting a bit stale although I still enjoy it. The one last night with the scooters and concert hall, I think they cooked it up between themselves. I mean it can't be that hard in the interviews to just pretend you want something completely different to each other but in reality you've both sat down and worked out a plan can it?

Davros Wed 02-Oct-13 15:35:55

Missed it but we regularly watch. They always say it was lovely no matter how bad and how far from their "dream" wedding. If you take the money and get on the TV you have to pretend its ok grin

MrsBucketxx Wed 02-Oct-13 15:44:25

The format really pissed me off now I just end up screaming at the tv saying how selfish the grooms are, they get the money and say right half on the stag, and scrimp on the rest.

The muscle beach one wasnt about the bride at all, his mum dad family theres hers could afford it so fuck you

I want one where the groom trully thinks abput the bride for a change and not be selfish twats.

CoolStoryBro Fri 15-Nov-13 00:57:03

Did anyone watch this week's? Not sure if it's a repeat but it's weirdly unnerved me. I felt as if I was watching the marriage of a borderline (and probably gay) abuser and a woman going to her slaughter!

Trifle Fri 15-Nov-13 08:00:54

Yes I saw it. Was appalled at the grooms bullying, forcing the bridesmaids to cough up vast amounts, passive aggressive until he got his way. She was lovely, I pity her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now