UNDER THE DOME-CH 5 MONDAYS 9PM

(112 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Sun 18-Aug-13 13:45:14

New sci fi series about an invisible dome that traps people into a town - those who try and escape/touch it get an electric shock

no one can get in or out, tho water can seep in, there is no wifi/tv or phone signal but a local radio station can broadcast

those who watched under sufferance Revolution on sky 1 may enjoy grin

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 09-Oct-13 19:17:50

you star smile

thought it must be somewhere

thanks

anonacfr France Fri 11-Oct-13 20:44:32

I actually really enjoyed the book. It was a lot more menacing than the series and explored the same idea as his short story The Mist- the way extraordinary events can turn regular people into either heroes or monsters.
And the way herd mentality can strip people of their humanity.

Saying that I seem to recall the reviews were dire so I probably read too much into it!
I'm a King fan though.

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 11-Oct-13 23:09:03

I'm getting slowly into the book

Weird reading about things that happened - as in have watched it

Out on the piss with girls tomorrow eve

Have banned dp from even touching sky remote or watching without me - mean blondes

Straitjacket England Tue 22-Oct-13 00:43:59

I have just finished the book (after only starting it Friday. Once I start reading a book, I can never put it down!). Oh my, I found myself wanting to throw my tablet at something a hell of a lot during it. VERY frustrating. Had actual steam coming out my ears I think grin

But, I think I am preferring the characters in the series tbh, and the (not that big) different spin they are putting on it. So far, anyway. We shall see.

Not seen tonights episode yet as I was too engrossed in the book and wanted to finish it. Will be watching it as soon as poss tomorrow though!

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 27-Oct-13 14:38:24

im still trying to get through the book

its hard reading but watching and things different

anonacfr France Sat 02-Nov-13 00:17:34

Is it weird that I am kind of fancying Junior???? confused

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 02-Nov-13 09:54:49

Not weird as I fancy barbie

Big jim is conniving and should die !!!

Weird they all had the same vision - but also weird as in the book junior kills alice right at the beginning so not sure how they manage to be 4 hands in the book

Havnt read that far yet - but why change a crucial storyline from
Book to film hmm sad

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 08-Nov-13 22:17:52

now getting tinto book sloooooooooooooowly, i find it weird to watch tv as so diff hmm

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 15-Nov-13 16:52:07

just seen last episode, obv gonna be series 2

im slowly getting through the book - it is big grin

prob 1/4 way through it, havnt even found the mini domw yet - unless that bit isnt in the book, as they have already changed it with killing alice

BiscuitsAreMyDownfall Fri 15-Nov-13 17:01:52

I didn't like how it ended. Obviously there was always gonna be some cliffhanger, but they usually have a lot of things tied up at the end of a series and I didn't feel like that happened with this.

If you fancy Barbie, he was also in Bates Motel as a cop.

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 15-Nov-13 18:30:37

i do like barbie and i also watch bates - got last nights to watch - think that was the last episode as well

everything is finishing sad dome bates towie

'blondes sniffs'

BiscuitsAreMyDownfall Fri 15-Nov-13 19:40:27

It was the last one last night. Me and DH are just watching the last 2 Bates now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now