Breaking Bad (WARNING: SPOILERS)

(271 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Patchouli Mon 12-Aug-13 16:25:06

I'm soooo excited
I cannot wait til DC's bedtime tonight!

Cooroo Wed 04-Sep-13 06:51:26

I hope 'where you really live' doesn't mean Walt's kids??

Surely our Jesse couldn't break that bad?

2 things I noticed in this weeks episode. Firstly did you see the shot in Hank's house just after Jesse went to the bathroom. The camera was looking at Hank and the painting/photo of Marie on the wall through the back of the chair, framing them as if they were 'behind bars'. Also (and this may be a stretch) when Jesse was drinking from the DEA mug (which I loved) if you look at the mug and include the handle it spells DEA.D

Can't believe there are only 4 episodes left. How on earth are we going to make it to the flash forward we saw at the very start, with Walt celebrating his birthday in the diner?

TotemPole Wed 04-Sep-13 13:06:13

Yes, what is Jessie going to do? I don't think he'll physically hurt the children, because it's the actions against children that have put him in the mental state he's in now. If his 'where you really live' comment involves them, I think it's more likely he'll tell Walt Jnr the truth about his dad.

TotemPole Wed 04-Sep-13 13:07:46

I missed the scene in the diner(I think). Was it at the start of Ep9 or Ep1?

TheFallenNinja Wed 04-Sep-13 13:09:49

I've asked MNHQ to add the word spoiler to the thread title.

wintertimeisfun Wed 04-Sep-13 13:33:59

omg, I the latest episode with dh monday night and have had it off and on in my mind ever since (i don't get out much...actually, i drive alot for my job and have used it to distract me from jams on the M25). i love jesse, don't underestimate him. he came up with the heist idea AND the magnet one too smile. he could really stuff walter up if he wanted to, walt has alot caving in on him right now not to mention 'mad marie' who seems to be focusing on poisonous ideas instead of stealing. perhaps jesse knows where walt's cash is buried ie saul may have put a trace in with it when his lads packed it all up. that would kill walt if all his money was lost/ruined as that is why he got into this mess in the first place. i do still like walt though. that's the fab' thing about this prog, i love all of the characters. probably the best thing i have ever seen on tv action wise, even more than 24 and dexture. seriously good. is anyone watching talking bad on netflix? smile

It was the opener to episode 9 Totem.

Fairylea Wed 04-Sep-13 14:51:06

Yo!

smile

I love it. But I'm scared to read the thread properly as we're only on season 1! (Just incase of spoilers!)

This and orange is the new black make getting Netflix worth it alone!

Nope ignore that Totem it was the episode 1 opener!

StrangerintheNight Wed 04-Sep-13 15:14:59

The name of the next episode gives me a clue as to where Jesse thinks Walt 'really lives' but then again, it could be massive misdirection on the part of the writers.

Really liked the last episode as it was the funniest one in ages, and I was worried the show was starting to take itself a little too seriously.

StrangerintheNight Wed 04-Sep-13 15:20:52

Wintertime, if you really want something to distract you in the car then have you tried listening to the Insider podcast, which involves the creative team behind the show wittering on at great length about each episode (before running out of time and neglecting to talk about the really interesting stuff).

Even so it's more rewarding than the fluff that is Talking Bad.

wintertimeisfun Wed 04-Sep-13 16:29:19

stranger thanks! i may go and watch episode 1 and 4 again whilst dd finds something else to do :-D

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 04-Sep-13 16:29:28

Hi there

We've added a spoiler warning to the title now

TheFallenNinja Wed 04-Sep-13 16:50:24

Cheers

Elsiequadrille Wed 04-Sep-13 20:59:39

Yes, he (Jesse) won't harm the children as Hank wouldn't agree at all. Telling Walt Jr. would be interesting, he certainly wouldn't be happy.

Well spotted with the cup, Misslaughalot!

TotemPole Thu 05-Sep-13 12:33:53

misslaughalot, thanks.

Elsiequadrille Mon 09-Sep-13 22:39:38

I knew it, I guessed Jesse's plan was connected to Walt's money <sorry, am over- excitedly smug>

Elsiequadrille Mon 09-Sep-13 23:52:59

What an ending, and an episode, though. Hank's surely not going to make it is he?

Patchouli Tue 10-Sep-13 13:48:54

shock
and double shock

It did seem like Hank's conversation on the phone to Marie were going to be his last words.
Jessie will know he was the 'hit' now.

TotemPole Tue 10-Sep-13 15:51:38

Yes, shock.

That was so tense.

Only 3 more episodes to go.sad

StrangerintheNight Tue 10-Sep-13 16:23:55

I didn't get the ending. Why were the gang firing at Walt's car but not at Jesse's? Why did they ignore Walt's multiple requests to call it off. Have they got some other plan of their own.

Is anyone else hoping Jesse and Walt team up one last time? I can see it heading that way, despite everything.

TotemPole Tue 10-Sep-13 16:35:41

They've proved in other episodes that they are good shots, but this episode they didn't hit Hank or Gormez. So it would seem the plan isn't to kill Jesse. There are quite a few theories on the BB thread on digital spy.

I don't know, maybe it could be to make it look as though Jesse is the guilty one, not Walt. Or maybe they've decided to kill Walt and take Jesse to cook instead.

wintertimeisfun Tue 10-Sep-13 18:07:20

OMG saw latest episode last night. i had a pillow to my face when the nazi blokes arrived with guns etc. it could go so many ways, next episode seems a long way off..... :-( superb stuff in the exreme

Patchouli Wed 11-Sep-13 14:14:56

Oh yes Stranger! My DH keeps saying they'll be cooking together by the end.

AlannaPartridge Wed 11-Sep-13 18:29:48

I reckon that Meth Damon & the Nazis will take Jesse hostage and force him to cook & Walt rescues him.....hence the scary gun in the flash forward.

Gutted that Walt was willing to kill Jesse. I was rooting for him right up until that moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now