ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

The Great British Bake Off returns on Tuesday 20th August on BBC Two :D

(31 Posts)
milk Thu 08-Aug-13 11:28:35

Just that: The Great British Bake Off returns on Tuesday 20th August on BBC Two grin I am so super excited grin Only 12 days to go!!!

bouncychair Thu 08-Aug-13 11:30:38

Hurrah! I love this programme! Must tell my SIL - we watch it together and take it turns to bake something to eat while we watch!

Love, love, love this show, even though I'm a terrible baker.
I spend the whole time lusting over Paul the Kitchenaids.

I saw this on TV last night and must admit whooped straight away and have told all family to leave me alone on that night, I do not want dhs silly running commentary all the way through!

milk Thu 08-Aug-13 14:34:36

I can't bake either... but my sister can so I can tell her to bake what I see grin

VikingVagine Thu 08-Aug-13 14:55:28

I have already put it in the diary grin , is it me or do the cakes look a little less professional this year?

Badgerwife Sat 10-Aug-13 12:18:46

I just saw the advert this morning; let out a huge whoop and put it in the diary, how sad is that? blush

I am soooooooooooooooo excited about this blush

Squeeeee so excited. I love GBBO and have even converted DH smile

Excellent news, the kids go back to school/nursery and GBBO starts all on the same day!

ppeatfruit Mon 12-Aug-13 14:59:23

Oooooh yes me too grin me too grin fabby news!!! AND ITV3 are repeating Downton Abbey soon grin

Wahey! Can't wait, it's my favourite programme on TV.

I've never seen Downton Abbey blush

I might -just might- dip my toe in the water this time round .

And straight after GBBO is a new series of The Midwives smile

Dillydollydaydream Tue 13-Aug-13 02:09:06

Like. Like. Like smile

Fakebook Tue 13-Aug-13 15:08:47

I saw the advert for it last night and am really looking forward to it! Past experience tells me to have a big dinner and pudding before watching each week, or else my mouth waters and stomach grumbles all the way through!

shoofly Tue 13-Aug-13 23:02:24

so relieved, I was convinced it had started tonight and I'd missed it. can go to bed happy now!

AppleYumYum Wed 14-Aug-13 11:19:57

I can't wait, I love this show. Though I do feel a bit meh hmm about Paul this time around after his affair, I hope Mary, Mel and Sue gave him a talking to...

chaoshayley Wed 14-Aug-13 11:23:21

I'm sooo excited! And my copy of the Everyday Bake Off book arrived today, so I have a few days to practise before Tuesday. grin

These are my Bake Off biscuits biscuit biscuit biscuit

ViviPru Wed 14-Aug-13 12:08:55

I'm there. LOVE GBBO, so gentle and pleasant. Mel and sue and cakes and marquees. HEAVEN.

ViviPru Wed 14-Aug-13 12:12:01

Ooh lets have a bit of fun.... without reading, looking at the pictures only - who is your money on?

GBBO contestants

I'm going for Frances. Meticulous and quietly competitive, she bakes to unleash the creativity within her that is stifled in her day job.

<Too invested already>

ViviPru Wed 14-Aug-13 12:13:09

"Frances is a clothes designer by day" Hmm... my radar is well off....

ViviPru Wed 14-Aug-13 12:16:04

Having read them all, I'm going for Christine...

Do you think that the MNer who was planning to apply got through? I wonder who she was - or if we'll ever find out

ppeatfruit Wed 14-Aug-13 14:50:34

My money's on Rob or Christine (haven't read them as you said vivi grin) they look a bit more experienced though of course that may not mean much. Good idea to have a bet before it starts grin!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now