Doctor Who announcement at midnight tonight....

(750 Posts)
RustyBear Thu 01-Aug-13 18:48:37

The New Doctor?

Or just the trailer for the 50th anniversary episode?

Or something else entirely?

lady I think he'd actually be quite good, did you ever see him in Lab Rats?

i will so be watching on sunday. just seen the ad for it.

I do think he would be quite good too....I liked him in TTOI.
I adore Julian Rhind Tutt too....his hair is just right for the Dr!

JakeBullet Fri 02-Aug-13 10:54:50

Shamelessly nicked from Facebook

"my theory - again, Whodini (Houdini) = escape artist/magician.
John Hurt was a magician in Harry Potter..
John Hurt was apparently a former doctor who broke a rule and didn't deserve the title of 'Doctor'.....so when 11 is in his own timeline and speaks to 'Hurt'.....i recogn Hurt empowers the 11th doctor and is able to therefore become the doctor by trapping 11 in his own timeline..
Moffatt is messing with our heads because he has already told us who the doctor is!! 'Introducing John Hurt as the Doctor'.............It makes PERFECT sense!!!!! It has to be John Hurt!?"

Hmmmnn .....????

Oh yes, I'd love it to be Julian Rhind Tutt, I kind of fancy him.. blush

jake I have to say, I am pretty convinced it will be John Hurt, and that would be excellent!

Flobbadobs Fri 02-Aug-13 10:59:26

I think it's going to be a less well known actor. Peter Capaldi would be brilliant but he's too high profile because of being in The Thick of It, he's too closely connected to Malcolm Tucker.
I know Harry Lloyd was talked of taking over from David Tennant at one stage, he's very young looking though. Would they go for another young one?

JakeBullet Fri 02-Aug-13 11:03:34

Harry Lloyd would be brilliant. But very young though.

encyclogirl Fri 02-Aug-13 11:04:02

Oooh Harry Lloyd would be fantastic! I'd love to see him have a run at it.

JakeBullet Fri 02-Aug-13 11:06:11

He was in The Family of Blood wasn't he? Very good in that as I recall.

Flobbadobs Fri 02-Aug-13 11:10:31

He was downright scary in the family of blood! He was in Robin Hood too as Will Scarlet I think?
He's way too babyfaced sadly. I think they're going to go the tortured soul with wrinkles route.

ProudNeathGirl Fri 02-Aug-13 11:11:51

According to Daily Telegraph they're announcing it on a live show on BBC at 7pm Sunday.

I can't wait!!!! I need to know now!!!!

Snapespeare Fri 02-Aug-13 11:29:12

i don't want to know at all! I want to find out on xmas day. i do not want to watch the 50th anniversary programme and know who matt Smith is going to regen into.

<fingers in ears> lalalalalalalalalalalalalalaaaaaaaaaa!

NatashaBee Fri 02-Aug-13 11:29:14

John Hurt would be good. I wasn't a big fan of Matt Smith so I'm looking forward to hearing who the new one will be.

encyclogirl Fri 02-Aug-13 11:32:13

Family of Blood? I never saw that, but he was fantastic in Game of Thrones. His death scene was very memorable to say the least.

Mumsnut Fri 02-Aug-13 11:33:36

Peter Dinklage or Helen Mirren.

encyclogirl Fri 02-Aug-13 11:35:03

Oh wait, I do remember Family of Blood. Were they the "Father of mine", "Son of mine" people?

Flobbadobs Fri 02-Aug-13 11:39:54

Rupert Grint would be a good companion as long as he's stopped the gurning thing he had a phase of doing..
Tom Hiddleston has been very quiet lately, he's usually a big Twitter poster but at the moment nothing at all... Is he hiding something I wonder?? grin

Flobbadobs Fri 02-Aug-13 11:40:44

Thats him encyclogirl* he was 'son of mine', the public schoolboy.

My problem with Peter Capaldi (who is a great actor) is I do see him as Malcom Tucker.

Malcom Tucker as the Dr
"I don't give a flying fuck about the Daleks they can take their plan for world domination and shove it up their outlet valve..."

ceebeegeebies Fri 02-Aug-13 12:34:07

I don't think I can physically wait until Sunday night!!!

I am thinking that it might be someone no-one expects (as Matt Smith was) but would love Chris O'Dowd to do it - think he would be great.

Although I think Rupert Grint would actually make a good fist of it smile

If Tom Hiddleston became the Doctor there's a large portion of the internet that would die by exploding pants. Did anyone see the reaction he got riling up the masses in Hall H at Comic Con?

confuddledDOTcom Fri 02-Aug-13 13:00:17

It's not going to be someone we know or we'll kind of recognise them.

I think you have to watch The Beast Below to understand who John Hurt is. :

"1. I let the starwhale continue in unendurable agony for 100s more years
2. I kill everyone on this ship.
3. I murder a beautiful innocent creature as painlessly as I can
And then I find a new name because I won't be the Doctor any more"

Southeastdweller Fri 02-Aug-13 13:10:53

I'm thinking they'll again pick someone 25-40 and not that well-known. Harry Lloyd is a good bet, and what about Luke Treadaway, a very good actor - did anyone see him in Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now