orange is the new black?

(9 Posts)
UseHerName Mon 29-Jul-13 22:58:56

brilliant

so was weeds

what should i watch next?

i have a new netflix addiction grin

noddyholder Mon 29-Jul-13 23:00:23

I am going to watch tomorrow. Did you watch the Kevin spacey one?

BOF Mon 29-Jul-13 23:01:24

I've heard it's excellent. I found it hard to get into Weeds though, after watching the far superior Breaking Bad.

CatelynStark Mon 29-Jul-13 23:03:01

Yes, it's fantastic. I can't wait for the second series!

UseHerName Mon 29-Jul-13 23:05:06

well yes bof-it's not a patch on bb/the wire

i love that they are both female protagonists grin

UseHerName Mon 29-Jul-13 23:06:10

ooohh catlyn-didn't know there was going to b a second series shock

UseHerName Mon 29-Jul-13 23:07:32

noddy,im not sure-its got yer man in it that was in american pie i think confused blush

googlyeyes Tue 30-Jul-13 08:51:17

It really is excellent. It's not as highbrow as The Wire etc but is brilliantly written and acted (even in the smallest roles), and I haven't enjoyed a series as much in years. Fab that it was a mostly female cast too, unlike other fantastic series like Breaking Bad, The Wire, The Sopranos, Sons of Anarchy etc

When it starts it seems like it might be a bit cheesy but it really goes in directions you wouldn't expect, and the mix of comedy and drama is spot on. I really hope it reaches a big audience

I cried when it was over. But yes, a second series was commissioned by Netflix as soon as the first one started airing and will be broadcast in 2014

FrillyMilly Tue 06-Aug-13 22:06:46

I loved it. I watched it in 2 days and cannot wait for the second series. I think I'm going to start breaking bad next as I think I'm the only person with Netflix who hasn't watched it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now