Hayley the Queen of Corrie. The red coat shall have pride of place.

(1000 Posts)
WireCat Wed 24-Jul-13 18:27:48
Ellenora5 Fri 23-Aug-13 01:49:39

I most certainly will not watch that Stevie boy, I'll be off to visit young Andrew in Spain so I will, oh by the by who's that young lady of yours, sure she's a fine thing so she is, ah whataboutye sure I won't go near her, ach i'll just bring for a wee drinkie when you're so busy so you needn't bother your wee head about it one wee bit, it will all be grand so it will, sure what of it, sure if we're stuck for a few bob I'll just rob another wee bank, don't be worrying your head about it, it will be grand so it will

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 23-Aug-13 06:51:42

grin

Nospringchickendipper Fri 23-Aug-13 08:42:18

Sees you lot making fun of me ,catch yourself on.Have you not heard those Meerkats with chuck and love.smile

lilyliz Fri 23-Aug-13 19:49:32

since so many are left and leaving lets have a fat Brenda in the taxi office,could be good fun and lighten things a bit.

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 23-Aug-13 19:53:16

"Something elegant from Nigella" - love Sally

Ellenora5 Fri 23-Aug-13 21:08:34

Haha, she is such a snob, she makes me laugh, garden party indeed grin

DTisMYdoctor Fri 23-Aug-13 21:28:06

I'm a bit confused about the reappearance of Beth's niece - didn't her and Chesney split when Katie dumped Ryan?

eddiemairswife Fri 23-Aug-13 23:00:36

Yes dt I thought Chesney and Sian had split. Where is Baby Ruby? Has Tyrone still got her? Where do Fizz and Hope live? I could do with a map showing who lives where. Is the kebab shop still in existence?

So was that brief note supposed to be Sylvia's exit? Soon there'll just be Steve, Lloyd and some tumbleweed.

I couldn't get past Chesney's nose last night, it's like a parsnip!

Tyrone and Fizz live in Jack Duckworth's house, I can't remember if Tyrone bought or inherited it. Is Tim living with Sally now?

I agree about Fat Brenda, I fancy Pauline Quirke to play her.

Impomea Sat 24-Aug-13 08:55:50

Yes Pauline Quirk or Dawn French to play Brenda.

I have been worried about Chesney for a while. His eyes are all red.perhaps he has got bad hayfrever.

whatkungfuthat Sat 24-Aug-13 09:05:26

I vaguely remember Tyrone and Molly buying the house as Jack and Vera were retiring to the seaside but Vera died before they could.

Did Pauline Quirke put the weight back on then?

eddiemairswife Sat 24-Aug-13 09:49:11

I'd forgotten that Tyrone and Fizz were together! I can't keep up with all the partner swapping.

NuggetofPurestGreen Sat 24-Aug-13 15:59:52

Pauline Quirke's not fat anymore though is she? I wonder is Fat Brenda related to Fat Elvis on Eastenders.

FannyMcNally Sat 24-Aug-13 19:21:28

Oooh yes Pauline Quirke! If she's not fat Brenda maybe she could take over the cafe or even the Rovers. Corrie needs a new major player now. The Platts need a rest and so do the Windys and after Rita's and Emily's little cameo catastrophes I can't think who's going to have a major storyline in the next few months. Pauline Quirke would be brilliant as a good friend and confidante but a real force to be reckoned with against people we don't like. E.g. Windys , Tracey, Rob, David etc.

Just going to catch up on last week's episodes. Can't wait to see the hasty exit!

Bakingnovice Sat 24-Aug-13 21:34:00

Sorry I'm a bit behind but how many times is David going to be in a car crash?! How many times is Leanne going to be praying her hubby doesn't die in hospital (peters near death experience was only 18 months ago)?

With corrie just crap at the moment ( bar royley) and eastenders utter tosh I might have to start watching emmerdale.

Bakingnovice Sat 24-Aug-13 21:39:40

Oh god. Read the thread back and am crying with laughter at all the jim-isms. Hilarious. I love this thread more than corrie itself. Love remembering all the old characters, even the bad ones.

Ellenora5 Sat 24-Aug-13 21:45:34

And don't forget about Sarah Lou Bakingnovice, she was in a near fatal car crash a few years ago, Gail should never have had kids, they are the bane of her life, I love emmerdale, come on, join our thread on it grin

Bakingnovice Sat 24-Aug-13 22:02:35

I am very tempted Ellen. My sis says emmerdale is fab.

Impomea Sat 24-Aug-13 22:31:47

Corrie def.needs an injection of some new characters.
I'm not keen on the Sally Tim thing she's looking a bit strange too at the moment.Wardrobe and makeup must be on their hols.Someone had overdone the coral on Sally last night!

Lighthousekeeping Sat 24-Aug-13 22:48:25

I read the other day that Corrie has lost half its viewers in the past three years. Surely that should be a wake up call?

alemci Sat 24-Aug-13 22:51:54

that coral on Sal was definitely overkill and the way Tim has practically moved in plus Jenna. is that very realistic?

mind you is anything in soaps true to life.

squoosh Sat 24-Aug-13 22:52:08

I think Corrie has suffered from things beyond its control such as the actors who play much loved characters dying Blanche, Jack etc.

Now it seems the woman who plays Sylvia is ill, other characters (pretty boring ones admittedly) have 'legal matters to attend to'.

Favourite characters like Hayley is leaving.....

Yes, they need to do something but I'm sure they'll get there.

alemci Sat 24-Aug-13 22:53:23

and whatever happens don't ever bring awful Mo from Eastenders into Corrie. I would have to stop watching.

alemci Sat 24-Aug-13 22:55:29

re Chesney's nose: he looks a bit like Spud the scarecrow from Bob the builder. didn't he have a parsnipy nose grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.