"Les Revs"/ The Returned - thread 3 for the final episode 9pm Sunday 28th July - NO SPOILERS!!!

(316 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Wed 24-Jul-13 13:31:15

Thought i would start a thread for last episode and all our musings grin

will we find out the secret of the town/dam/les revs - or will we need to wait till 2nd series ..............

'blondes waits in anticipation'

VenusStarr Thu 15-May-14 08:15:55

No worries lazypepper smile

I've still got them all saved too blondes

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 14-May-14 21:30:48

Got all excited then and thought ahhhh I've missed it as away on holiday

Tho is on sky don't miss so when it is back I should know

I've still got all 8 on planner. Plan to rewatch when s2 is starting

lazypepper Mon 12-May-14 22:12:28

Apologies Venus star. Didn't intend to get anyone panicked! !

lazypepper Mon 12-May-14 22:11:12

Ooh a film?? Will look out for that.

BumPotato Mon 12-May-14 22:02:30

Don't know but if anyone is interested The Returned film, also French with subtitles, and including some of the same actors is currently on Netflix. I'm only about half an hour in, it is soooooooo slow.

VenusStarr Mon 12-May-14 21:52:41

I don't know lazypepper but I saw this thread and panicked that I'd missed the new series! I thought November was a suggested date? Not seen or heard anything, but I can't wait!! smile

lazypepper Mon 12-May-14 21:08:18

Am bringing this thread back to life as I want to know when the next series will be on.

Any one know???

Aethelfleda Sun 04-Aug-13 22:22:48

Yep, I think a re-watch is in order...

<puts down another tray of cold bier and orders twenty-seven croque-messieurs>

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 04-Aug-13 22:00:26

Venus - me too. Don't want to delete them sad

VenusStarr Sun 04-Aug-13 21:58:02

I miss Les Revs sad I taped them all so think I might watch them all again on Sunday evenings to fill the void! Might help me to watch again to see all the things I missed.

The Mill and Southcliffe are not good substitutes sad sigh.

Aethelfleda Sun 04-Aug-13 21:13:51

We're watching Dr Who..... the Shakespeare code on DVD.
It's fun but ees Not vairy Frrrench.....

susiedaisy Sun 04-Aug-13 19:54:35

I know it's just not the same, I watched the mill it's a bit depressing so far!

BaconAndAvocado Sun 04-Aug-13 09:03:33

Eek! A Sunday night sans Les Revenants, what on earth will we do?

Anyone seen The Mill? Missed it last week but need something gripping to fill hole left by my favourite French Zombie drama.

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 03-Aug-13 21:12:35

i dont get how the water would just flood like that, as in yes know the dam was leaking and went into the power plant hence why the town lost power, but surely it wouldnt just flood from that overnight

rosy71 Sat 03-Aug-13 19:17:27

The water level was getting lower because the dam was leaking. The water leaked into the new town, flooding it eventually.

Milchardo Sat 03-Aug-13 16:52:28

Sunday night just won't be the same... (Until late next year!)

LauraPashley Fri 02-Aug-13 23:30:34

Hmm all these references to croissants etc are making me hungry!

I thought the dam was getting lower as it was leaking sneakily into the new town (esp into people's graves and the like), then eventually the revs made it go kaboom?

I agree re Pierre, I think he actually might be a bit of a red herring - he thought he was conjuring up and controlling the revs but actually they are doing things on their own and not bothering with him at all?

Aethelfleda Fri 02-Aug-13 22:10:11

The water 'as come from the mountain of Zombie dribble from Le Horde....

Either that or someone left the taps on when they crossed over. Their water bill is going to be terrible.....

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 02-Aug-13 12:49:48

so if the new village has been flooded where has the watr come from as the dam was getting lower

or is that a reallyblonde silly question?

Aethelfleda Fri 02-Aug-13 08:09:40

That's a good thought curly, though I think there may be something else to come with Chloe, her "pictures" of Adele and Simon killing themselves were strangely reminiscent/mirroring of Victor/Louis's pictures......

Anyone worked out the candle pairs yet?

<pours morning cafe and warms the croissants>

BOF Fri 02-Aug-13 02:26:15

*of, not if

BOF Fri 02-Aug-13 02:25:37

Rollergirl- the steeple was the first thing we saw if the old village, and tower blocks are obviously higher.

Plus we've seen the view from the Helping Hand before, and it was the town, not the lake.

Did you know that the actor who plays Simon is called Pierre Perrier?

How French does a name have to be?!

Sometimes I think the producers have no idea how a show is going to develop - they leave it open and stand back and let obsessives like us write the next series for them. grin

I don't think Chloe is Simon's child really. Remember the scene in one of the first episodes where it was just before their wedding and they were in bed and she told him she was pregnant? He didn't look happy like you would expect. So I reckon that he was secretly infertile and so knew Adele had been unfaithful somehow and that was the reason he killed himself.

How it all ties in, though, I don't know.

And where did the town vicar go? He seemed to know everyone. And then suddenly he is gone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now