"Les Revs"/ The Returned - thread 3 for the final episode 9pm Sunday 28th July - NO SPOILERS!!!

(309 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Wed 24-Jul-13 13:31:15

Thought i would start a thread for last episode and all our musings grin

will we find out the secret of the town/dam/les revs - or will we need to wait till 2nd series ..............

'blondes waits in anticipation'

eightytwenty Wed 24-Jul-13 14:18:12

And we still need mnhq Olivia (who is just as obsessed) to move this thread somewhere safe for re- reading in the future!

Milchardo Wed 24-Jul-13 14:22:49

DP and DM are the only two people I know in 'real life' who are watching this... Theories abound!

Aethelfleda Wed 24-Jul-13 14:26:16

<marking la place>

hold on, why does Mme Costa remember how she died? None of the other revs do apart from Victor... She is so a bad un...Still holding out for Victor and Mme costa to have been killed in the original event. Ooh, maybe they died in a unnatural school related disaster and were buried in the original village, then they were the first returnees, when the dam burst, everyone else in the village got killed and became the mindless horde, then the new village mirrored the old one and the newer generation came in, each unnatural death became a new gen of returnees....and maybe next episode the dam will burst again and the they will build a new dam and village...until Victor comes back again and it all restarts..... <clutches at les straws>

phantomhairpuller Wed 24-Jul-13 14:38:39

Well done blondes grin

<marks place>

Yonihadtoask Wed 24-Jul-13 14:50:34

Ta blondes for new thread.

Am excited for Sunday! I do so hope that something will be made clear at least.

Mrs Costa and Victor are wearing old fashioned style of clothing/hair. So maybe they are the strongest revs, if they have been deaded and undeaded a few times??

EatYourCrusts Wed 24-Jul-13 15:43:16

Can't wait for the last episode!
But will be sad when it is over. sad

angelos02 Wed 24-Jul-13 16:26:05

Me too crusts. It makes miserable Sunday evenings much better smile

qazxc Wed 24-Jul-13 17:38:12

I am scared that we are going to be left dangling with loads of answered questions. Surely they can't wrap everything up in one episode?

RappyNash Wed 24-Jul-13 18:33:07

Marking my place - can't wait!

susiedaisy Wed 24-Jul-13 18:36:53

Marking my place smile

Place marking!

Aethelfleda Wed 24-Jul-13 19:43:47

qazxc, I think it's pretty much consensus that it won't be wrapped up at all, in the way that Game of Thrones wasn't wrapped up after one series. It's just a question of how many million ends there are, and whether enough resolution is there to satisfy us all so that we hold on for series 2......

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 24-Jul-13 21:45:00

Welcome yoni

And I doubt it will be resolved

And prob be like broadchurch and that other 5 parter where may girl was muntered. Silly ending that was angry hmm

LauraPashley Wed 24-Jul-13 22:28:41

I would hope at least that by the end of Sunday we should know at least the basic premise of the show?! Who is dead/not/why etc?!! (PleeeeeeeSe let it be so!). I do like the fact that it is very French and subtle and people are just raising eyebrows and shrugging shoulders all over the place, the Americans would be all weapons/slashing/blood/machine guns by now. But just a few leetle hints would be nice!

Marking place, I am going away until next Friday at least, camping so no chance of watching on Sunday, aargh! I will have to wait, as the episodes were blocked on YouTube. I hope it isn't a rubbish non ending, but I am sure there will be more questions than answers!

RobotBananas Wed 24-Jul-13 23:25:14

<marks place>

swooosh Thu 25-Jul-13 03:32:44

It's 3:30am on a night shift in a hospital and IM ALONE...and reading this. Eeeeeekkk!

But I'm leaving now, I'm away for the weekend and absolutely gutted to be missing the finale! Ill watch the minute I arrive back home Monday and then pop back. I hope we get a few answers at least!

It had BETTER not be a "broadchurch" ending
i am not sure I will cope.

alabasterangel Thu 25-Jul-13 09:14:20

Hello... can I join in? Obsessed by this at the moment. Slightly releived that 'top of the lake' is there to take over my weekly dose of 'whats going on?' tele once this finished!

So..... where has everyone else in the town gone then? All of a sudden it seems very empty. I know the engineers left, but what about everyone else? In the first episodes there were people in the pub, the school, walking about.... now there is no-one. And in a town so full of police (seemingly loads!) then where are they when two people hang themselves? Surely they would be crawling all over the scene?

The not being able to leave thing strikes chords with a Stephen King book (The Dome) where an invisible dome covers a town and no one can enter or leave.... good book! Although in that they could 'bump' into the edges but here, it seems they do 'slip' somehow.... as said before.... maybe a time-slip and that timeslip is the portal between life and death?

My head hurts too!

Aethelfleda Thu 25-Jul-13 10:19:29

It may be they just "don't want" to leave on a subconcious level: there's a v weird Spanish film from the 1960s called "exterminating angel" about a group of toffee-bosed dinner party guests who all get stuck at the party and just don't get around to leaving, then find they can't get out (and no-one can get in either) and all their class constructs come crashing down as time passes... It's got some parallels (although admittedly there aren't as many dead dudes. There is however a chicken in a handbag...)

guineapiglet Thu 25-Jul-13 11:18:20

Cant wait either it has been really absorbing and mind bending...
There is definitely something in the water....and am convinced the whole village is dead and stuck in time, before the original flood.... We were taliking about it being a kind of Noah's Ark type thing with the original floodees being offered a kind of salvation from les revs but some whisky hhad been consumed hete when that theory was suggested.....

Do hope we get closure before series 2,' the return of the returned' eek...

Either esy up it has been brilliant drama more like this please, but go easy on the zombies..

guineapiglet Thu 25-Jul-13 11:19:22

Sorry for typos
darn phone

IdaBlankenship Thu 25-Jul-13 19:09:52

I'm loving all this speculation.
aethelfleda that rings a bell, I've definitely heard of it. Perhaps if the Revs had a chicken or 2 in their bags , then they wouldn't be taking bites out of passing critters (or their own stomachs - ewww Simon).
I think the series won't end with a bang, more of a Gallic shrug leaving loads of questions unanswered - there's just too many things for them to resolve in an hour.
Can't wait to see Pierre get his comeuppance - there has to be a grisly future for him - mais non?

susiedaisy Thu 25-Jul-13 19:29:02

"More of a Gallic shrug" gringrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now