RAY DONOVAN-TUE 10PM SKY ALANTIC

(114 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Mon 15-Jul-13 20:56:18

starts tomorrow and basically is about a man who 'fixes' things ie kills people lol and solves problems

love Liev tho always think of him from the scream films

tv mag has given it a good review and need a new series to get into smile

Oblomov Tue 16-Jul-13 13:00:48

Dh and I enjoyed it.
Jon Voight gives me the creeps. What did he DO to Ray Donovan? Did he sexually abuse him? I thought that was the priest, who Dad immediately shot upon his release.
And Donovan's wife, whilst I initially liked her, she is so ditzy to allow Donovan's dad straight back in, surely?
But then, all the other brothers seem completely under Dad's spell already.

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 16-Jul-13 17:29:09

how have you watched?

starts tonight

<squints eyes>

have you downloaded or in usa

Oblomov Tue 16-Jul-13 22:02:35

no, no, was on sky. in the uk.

Ellenora5 Tue 16-Jul-13 22:27:40

I recorded it tonight, and have it on series link, hoping it's good, need something now that Luther will end next week sad

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 17-Jul-13 13:27:39

So it's not new oblomov? sad

And after all that I went to bed early as shattered but on planner so will try and watch when I'm not working

buzzgirly Wed 17-Jul-13 13:33:02

I have recorded it, I'm hoping it will replace the Banshee hole in my life!

Oblomov Wed 17-Jul-13 18:00:40

oh I love Banshee too.

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 17-Jul-13 21:37:29

i keep hearing, well reading about banshee - its full of sex so i would like it grin

where can i watch it?

Dontwanttobeyourmonkeywrench Thu 18-Jul-13 02:10:16

Leiv just makes me drool.... loved the 1st episode and it's on series record so that I can indulge in my filthy fantasies some me time grin

Just watched the first episode. It started off good but swiftly went downhill when he tried to shag the blonde one. I wasn't really feeling him as a character after that.

I'll give it a few more episodes but I imagine it's future on my planner is exactly the same as banshee, relegated to a little pile of episodes on page one which will never be watched.

SlatternismyMiddlename Sat 20-Jul-13 12:37:03

I have it on my planner. Will give it a try later.

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 20-Jul-13 13:24:35

Finally watched. Absolutely loved it smile

SlatternismyMiddlename Sun 21-Jul-13 09:51:52

I watched the first one last night. I liked it and will definitely watch more.

I thought Liev was very good although I couldn't work out most of what his wife said - her accent was unintelligible.

I'm looking forward to the next episode, which is always a good sign.

Ellenora5 Sun 21-Jul-13 20:50:33

I liked it, wonder what happened to their mother, looking forward to watching the next one.

Watching now! I'm a bit confused...........

Why is his wife all for letting his dad back in?

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 22-Jul-13 16:20:33

fizzog,i think his wife let his father in as 1) they have been writing to each other and shes been whitewashed and 2) shes done it to piss ray off

True! None of them seem that straight up, but we are meant to like ray?

He's not very likeable is he sad

I'm getting really fed up of all these shows where the main protagonist is a complete dick.... what's wrong with having a likeable lead character?!

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 22-Jul-13 17:01:31

i liked him tho wasnt impressed he snogged the bimbo being stalked

why cant men be faithful hmm

He didn't exactly complain when she gave him a BJ either, despite her stalking his wife hmm

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 24-Jul-13 13:33:29

anyone see last night?

SlatternismyMiddlename Wed 24-Jul-13 15:06:30

I watched it. It was a slower episode than the first but I still liked it. I sometimes feel that we have been dropped into the middle of the story and alot of background knowledge is presumed - I feel like I'm playing catch up. But there isn't anything else like it on at the moment and appreciate it being a bit different.

I've just watched it and I really like it. It's intelligent, different and interesting.

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 27-Jul-13 14:27:17

Still liking smile tho complex family

But good storyline

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now