Men's singles final part two!

(876 Posts)

It's squeaky bum time....

Raahh Sun 14-Jul-13 13:46:05

Afternoon everyone.
Hope you are enjoying the sun, and sieze you are enjoying the air show.

I get most of my tennis info via the atp website, and the bbc. I read any old rubbishgrin
The German Open, in Hamburg starts tomorrow, a fair number of big names play there. Not as many since it was downgraded from a masters event, but Federer usually plays there.

Raahh Sun 14-Jul-13 13:46:32

[tennis]

Witt Sun 14-Jul-13 14:18:13

[tennis]

ClayDavis Sun 14-Jul-13 14:26:42

[tennis]

Stila Sun 14-Jul-13 18:46:34

Evening
Sieze been at my mum's since Friday , I don't think I have ever known South Wales to be so hot !

Can't believe its already been a week since the finals , and its only just over 2 till the 2014 ballot opens

[tennis]

GameSetAndMatch Sun 14-Jul-13 19:12:43

ALERT! ALERT!

NEXT SUNDAY. 7PM. SKY SPORTS 4.

ATP TENNIS 500.

YESSSSSSSSS! AT LAST!

THIS TIME LAST SUNDAY................

Raahh Sun 14-Jul-13 22:22:20

Ok- this makes me feel old- on my FB feed is a post from the Edberg site, and his daughter Emilie is 20 today. and yes it is sad that i get updates from an Edberg site grin

siezethenight Mon 15-Jul-13 10:16:20

[TENNIS]

Air show was great - flipping hot but great. Sure I lost half my body weight in loss of fluids even though I was keeping water chilled in the Air Cadet tent's chiller! Not even the red arrows risky moves, the bloody loud fighter jet, the ladies on top of the planes wings doing bloody acrobatics (clearly nutters they actually, mid air, climbed off the planes wings and got back into the seat in the aircraft!! Questionable issue over danger loving there) and the long walk behind the band back to the trailer to offload the equipment brought on this darn baby. Elder Dd was informed she is to sit exams in Sept to become a uniformed sergeant - she squealed like a child and jumped up and down - not even that brought on the baby. I know there are 4 weeks to go but I have always professed - an early delivery - where is she? Why is she not budging yet!?

witt as above - I reckon baby arrives any day from now. We worked out entirely different dates to the scan ones and figure because the baby is small, that is why scan lady put her at a month longer?
They move out next week!!
stila hot does not cover it - its ridiculously hot here - normally we get the sea breeze to aid us along but there was no such thing down the Bay yesterday or Saturday. It is a little overcast today but still blinking hot.

game Stop persuading me to take out a Sky Sports subscription... Very naughty of you!
[TENNIS]

Witt Mon 15-Jul-13 18:04:03

[tennis]

Sorry for the late check-in today. I have been making a parrot costume for my 8mo and looking after DH who is at home sick (which is very very unlike him!)

sieze I hope your daughter isn't waiting too long. I went 2 weeks overdue and it was so frustrating!

Raahh That's not sad <backs away slowly>

GameSetAndMatch Mon 15-Jul-13 18:57:47

Seize is your daughter called Catherine by any chance? and your son in law William {grin].

love the way were all still stubbornly putting [tennis] on!

ClayDavis Mon 15-Jul-13 19:10:45

[tennis]. I will still be putting that until Wimbledon 2014.

Glad the air show was ok. No breeze down here either today so it feels stupidly hot. I prefer it much cooler than this. Tempted to go and throw myself in the sea in a minute.

Raahh Mon 15-Jul-13 19:12:14

[tennis]

<stubborn>

grin

Raahh Mon 15-Jul-13 19:18:20

Game- I would share today's revelation from the Edberg site, but the server has crashedsad

grin

I have been amusing myself looking at ranking statistics. I really know how to livegrin

this Federer website

has a very anal interesting poster, who updates ranking scenarios. It can make your head hurt, but is quite interesting honest (it's notjust about Federer, but they are a tad biased, obviously. And quite anti-Nadal- not sure why I read it reallygrin)

ClayDavis Mon 15-Jul-13 19:37:44

Wow he certainly is anal interesting.

GameSetAndMatch Mon 15-Jul-13 19:39:19

Raah im old too, especially after stating edburgs daughter age!

not a fan of the fed, but reading on eurosprt tennis news about all the players being inducted into tennis hall of fame plus Mahut winning tournament.

ClayDavis Mon 15-Jul-13 19:46:02

BBC tennis news is still mainly about Wimbledon. Every time I look at it it reminds me it's finished. [tennis]

GameSetAndMatch Mon 15-Jul-13 20:56:36

quick question for anyone watching cricket [spit emoticon!]

ifso england won 1st test. how many tests are there?

just want the thing to be over so skysports can devote at least ONE of their channels to tennis. [tennis].

golfs not so bad but still want my [tennis].

Five tests in total, over a month. Then hey bugger off down under at Christmas and do it all again! <yawn>

Quite like golf

Davros Mon 15-Jul-13 22:26:15

For some reason I thought it was only 4 tests in this ashes. I hope I'm wrong as I would prefer 5 and it makes sense in case a result is needed.

siezethenight Tue 16-Jul-13 08:48:10

[TENNIS]
Ey game Cathy and Bill, that's the kids! I hope to ever loving God Kensington (sp) Palace is ready on time as otherwise the Butler is going to have to be the one who picks up all the clutter and mess a newborn makes. If I accidentally step on a dummy it'll be off to the tower for the pair of them, baby as well. I have plenty of spares after the Heir...

They were pregnant at the exact same time as those two actually but scan lady says August birth - we can't work it out as that makes it too long in our calculations but there you go, it'll happen when it happens.

I can't get onto Federer's website sadas Boris got one?? Off to investigate!

siezethenight Tue 16-Jul-13 08:51:12

www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Be/B/Boris-Becker.aspx

Shucks - no website but treating you all to the above instead - sigh - Go Boris...
[tennis]

ClayDavis Tue 16-Jul-13 09:46:21

Love the box that says 'inactive' in large letters by Boris' picture. Makes him sound like he sits around all day doing nothing. Bit harsh.

Or maybe it's just because he's locked in your cupboard all day, seize. Hope your letting him out occasionally in this heat.

[tennis]

Davros Tue 16-Jul-13 10:11:02

Re the Ashes. It is 5 matches as usual. I think I got confused by the one at Chester-le-Street

siezethenight Tue 16-Jul-13 10:42:22

He's locked in my cupboard clay And I am not giving him back.
[tennis]

ClayDavis Tue 16-Jul-13 11:00:09

I don't mean you should give him back. I'm just a bit worried about him in this heat. Make sure you keep him well hydrated. You don't want to end up having to explain why you have the body of Boris Becker in you cupboard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now