WIMBLEDON 2013- ladies' singles final day - lovely Lipsticki v bouncy Bartoli!

(403 Posts)
Raahh Sat 06-Jul-13 07:10:54

And it's a 2 pm start, not 1 as I thought.

Quite looking forward to it really, and I think Lipsticki will have the crowd on her side but Bartoli had made a lot of new fans.

Dh has decided we are having a barbequehmm. Last time he did that, he invited his brother over during the final of the French! shock.

There are doubles finals too- will post order of play when not stuck on my phone.

magimedi Sun 07-Jul-13 08:49:43

New Fred needed!

I think that it make scrape 30C at Wimbledon today.

Stila Sun 07-Jul-13 08:48:04

Morning.

Mumble see , we told you that you would get sucked in. Glad you enjoyed.

Do we know who Djokovic is playing?
grin

magimedi Sun 07-Jul-13 08:46:39

And 8Raaah* - should you not start a new thread?

Or shall I do one - with apostrophes?? grin

magimedi Sun 07-Jul-13 08:45:46

I'm not that keen on either of them - I would have liked Del Potro to be in the final.

Am not looking forward to all the hype re Murray but in a way I hope he wins as then everyone can shut the fuck up about him next year!!

Raahh Sun 07-Jul-13 08:32:41

grin @ the chickens!

siezethenight Sun 07-Jul-13 08:32:17

I also am going impartial for this match. I am not keen on Djok but I want a good match and the best player to win today.
I think I feel sorry for Murray having all the country banging on about today, huge expectation upon him. I would have woken up feeling a huge weight on me this morning if I were him.

Dropping dd younger down the cadet hut now where she has a day of volunteering ahead of her for Duke of Ed silver (I think that's what its for, she has told me but she told me during the Potato match - fat chance of me listening). She's got to be in uniform doing Heaven knows what on this boiling hot day - do not envy her - but have got her a lift home if she is done before the match is done grin

Raahh Sun 07-Jul-13 08:31:28

Right- I'm off to pretend to be useful for a bit grin

siezethenight Sun 07-Jul-13 08:28:37

Hey, just thought raahh if dd has been up all that time then maybe she'll be flat by 1pm and you'll get to watch match in complete silence!?

Make neighbours a cake, I would love a cake off my neighbours! I get eggs, from their chickens, they are loud fuckers things also! They chased my cat down our back garden steps the other week as they escaped the garden. It was the most hilarious thing - one blck cat legging it, four chickens clucking after him.

Raahh Sun 07-Jul-13 08:28:36

They are lovely neighbours, and prior to us living here there was a family with 4 kids. I'm sure they are used to noisesmile- but I get very anxious - about everything- dh doesn't, he thinks I'm daft for worrying so much. Worrying is what I dosmile . They spend a lot of time in their villa in lanzarote- can't say I blame them[ grin]

Raahh Sun 07-Jul-13 08:24:47

And I can't take credit for the original thread- think that was Magimedi- but I'll hold my hands up to littering the place with most of the others.

I want to enjoy to day,as I'm not bothered re the outcome- but I'm not sure how long I'll be able to stand the totally biased commentary ( from hypocrites who are usually djokovics biggest fans) I may end up breaking the tv! grin

siezethenight Sun 07-Jul-13 08:23:42

I wouldn't be too worried about the neighbours raahh elderly usually means hearing impaired if my Nan is anything to go by! And frankly, if people can not understand a toddler in the house next door then, blah to them. Our neighbours had their Grandchildren over yesterday and they screeched all day long. It was as if they were in our house it got so loud. They also arrive promptly at 7.30 every single weekday morning and scream like hoodlums out on the drive, which is not at front of houses here, nope, they are next to each other at side of houses - its sooo loud. My lot are off college for the summer so we have easy mornings here - until 7.30 grin It bothers me none. They are kids, you live next to kids? You expect this.

Raahh Sun 07-Jul-13 08:17:42

Shouty! Really shouldn't post on my phone!

Raahh Sun 07-Jul-13 08:15:08

sieze dd2 not ill - just being a 2 year old horror. She's very snouty/ screamy at the moment. I worry about the neighbours, and my already frayed nerves are shredded. My neighbour are a retired couple who are utterly lovely, and very diplomaticsmile , but I wouldn't want to live next door to me at the moment!

Just saw the twitter feed stila linked to - hideous. But she is the first to put herself down, Bartoli- and ultimately she has the last laugh, Wimbledon champion, whilst those low life's have nothing better to do than criticise someone they don't know.

siezethenight Sun 07-Jul-13 08:09:20

12.50 mumble according to the radio - don't listen to my above post or you'll miss the start shock

siezethenight Sun 07-Jul-13 08:05:58

Morning raahh is dd okay? Is she feeling ill again?
I kind of liked your thread header when it was a blip actually, it was because you were all excited!

Raahh Sun 07-Jul-13 08:03:10

Morning mumble! Very envy.

When I said the atmosphere looked flat - I was talking about the start of the men's final- but it seemed to perk up a bit!

Glad you've got the bug- I hate the first week after the championships, I feel very deflated. I also have no excuses not to interact with my familysmile.

After my trauma yesterday- think I will wait until I am fully awake to start a new thread- dd2 has had me up all night, dh got up at 5 to go to work < yawn>. Going to need strong coffee. Or I will be asleep by 2!

siezethenight Sun 07-Jul-13 08:02:19

chub not clay I need more coffee to sharpen up the concentration before the match starts shock

siezethenight Sun 07-Jul-13 08:01:42

I know Caly I am going about the loading of washing machine humming, 'And now, the end is near, its time to face the final curtain...'
I can't get American Open unless I get Sky Sorts and I can not justify the cost thanks to becoming a student sad I will have to treat myself to that perhaps next year when I am actually working properly.

Chubfuddler Sun 07-Jul-13 07:54:15

Very excited about today but also sad. It'll be last night of the proms before we know it and then summer GONE again.

siezethenight Sun 07-Jul-13 07:51:07

Morning Mumble Just noticed this thread? Where have you beed woman? We've been here throughout. It was raahh that kicked it all off. Thanks to raahh and tennis, I have gone feral this last 2 weeks grin
envy for yesterday - how very dare you actually be there grin
I think men's kick off will be 2pm but do not hold me to it! Wait for Raahh or clay to pop on with the order of play and watch out for a new thread for this match - we usually have one. Raahh will link us to it.

mumblechum1 Sun 07-Jul-13 07:37:38

What times the mens final? I have been bitten by the bug now!

mumblechum1 Sun 07-Jul-13 07:37:02

Oooh, just noticed this thread. I was there yesterday and the atmosphere wasn't flat at all, it's the first time I have ever watched a game of tennis, live or on TV and I loved it, it was q exciting, and we all got a bit emotional in my crowd when Lisiki started crying when she was thanking everyone.

It was such a fab day, helped along by the corporate marquee bit! Nothing nicer than sunshine, champagne and strawberries.

siezethenight Sun 07-Jul-13 07:30:38

Good morning Cult tennis
'Tis a sad day. Last day.
Sigh.........

I'm not on twitter nor Facebook because I don't wish to be found <<furtively pulls on new wig and glasses>> and because, sometimes on Mn it gets rowdy and I don't like it, I tend to leave threads or just leave Mn for a bit when it gets like that. But its monitored and those that be have control to stop something. There's no control on the both above mentioned and I watch my dc's like hawks when they are on either. I know they have their good bits and plus sides but they also have what Stila linked up. It makes me incredibly sad for the world.
What happened to, treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself?
That's all.

Men's final! I have cleaning to do before it starts so am getting a shift on here.
Are we having a new thread raahh?

NoComet Sun 07-Jul-13 01:56:32

angry
Yes DD2 (12) wanted Lisicki to win partly because she looks a bit like her fair hair, long fringe often plaited back and held back with a flower.

However, she also admires her for being able to serve at 125-130 mph (the web is not clear on whether she or Serena hold the record). Anyhow, it's faster than many men's doubles players.

Bartoli has a pretty mean service too.

I wonder if those twitter posters would like to act as target practice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now