EYE SPY - Channel 4 - 10pm

(7 Posts)
SoleSource Thu 04-Jul-13 22:03:36

Looks good

Muslamic grin

On a serious note it's very interesting. DS1 said 'mam you'd be sticking up for them all' Very true. Think I'd have been arrested over the blind guy being robbed. Mind you I would just have told him what was going on. Why didn't anyone speak to him? hmm I work with disabled adults but even before this I'd still have told him. Very odd.

I howled at the Men/Women parking spaces grin

SoleSource Thu 04-Jul-13 23:47:42

My DS is blind, good job I was not present..... I would have approached the blind guy first because that is the most respectful thing to do. It is a form of ignorant prejudice not to do so in a way I feel.

Muslamic lol

The actors were very good.

I just hope this programme changes people's perception?

It's like the ones who just talk to the person pushing a wheelchair. Bizarre.

SoleSource Fri 05-Jul-13 00:10:13

I did not have to have a disabled child myself to know it is rude to stare or not talk to a disabled person in a polite manner as one would with anybody else who was not disabled.

It is bizarre

LadyLech Fri 05-Jul-13 02:46:16

I have to say it is my favourite TV show on at the moment. I particularly like the voting bits where they read the same scripts, but have slightly different situations and have to decide whether it is acceptable or not. Tonight it was whether it would be racist to want your child to marry within 'your kind' and they did Jewish, White and Asian.

The only thing I would say is that sometimes the results are a bit superficial. For example, when they did the restaurant last week (the racist waiter), no-one in the Manchester restaurant spoke out. Was it because of location, or was it because the demographic seemed younger? It often seemed as though older people spoke out more than younger people. I don't think it is particularly scientific in that sense, but as a bit of light entertainment, it's been fascinating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now