WIMBLEDON 2013-Men's Quarter finals day- Ace!

(637 Posts)
Raahh Wed 03-Jul-13 08:47:34

Here we are wonderful Wednesday
ORDER OF PLAY

Of course I'm rooting for Ferrer- Vamos! But would love Del Potato to dowell too,so torn.
Kubot/Janowicz, bit difficult to call really.
Would love Berdych to triumph over Djoko- (then Ferrer can whup him in the semi'sgrin)
Am going for Verdasco- obs, as he's Spanish, and it would be wrong not toogrin - I'm sure Murray is not without support!grin

here's to a limited rain disruption!
tennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennis

MirandaWest Wed 03-Jul-13 11:24:30
Stila Wed 03-Jul-13 11:27:19

Just flicked channel 992 on and its a still pic saying the McEnroes v Bahrami / Leconte coming next grin

ClayDavis Wed 03-Jul-13 11:30:12

I've seen a couple of people use tennis tennis elsewhere to mean 'balls' and one poster try to work ouy how to use it by typing [balls]. It seems to have got stuck in my head.

Right, 15mins of Bahrami, Laconte and McEnroe before I head off to work.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 03-Jul-13 11:30:40

Hello!

I watched a bit yesterday but missed all of Monday because I was busy. Feeling poorly today so it is going to be Wimbledon all the way starting with the Macs in a minute!

I would like Ferrer, Murray and Berdych to win, have no preference about the other quarter final.

siezethenight Wed 03-Jul-13 11:36:28

Hello Cult tennis
I am back from Nan's....
Thanks to raahh for the sparkly new thread - I bow to thee...

Are we all set for the day then? Got the valium, the vodka, the freeze frame so we can all gorge at Ferrer....

Raahh Wed 03-Jul-13 11:37:58

I a having to wait for the end of Charley Bear, before dd2 will let e take over the tv for the next 10 hours. Apart from during the school run. And bloody karate <wails>

tennistennistennistennis

Raahh Wed 03-Jul-13 11:42:16

oh dear- dd2 has just shouted 'tennis not working'grin which is what I tell her when I'm switching channel- 'cbeebies not working'.

It was so much easier to watch when she was small, immobile and didn't voice an opinion. Could have a battle on today. grin

siezethenight Wed 03-Jul-13 11:44:26

She's better then raahh?
Do you have a portable Tv you can stick a dvd or three on for her? Stuff that whole Tv is not a nanny business for today....

Raahh Wed 03-Jul-13 12:02:02

Oh she's definitely better. sadly, no portable --apart from in ds's room, shoot me--and i can't trust her in theregrinI think I will be able to bribe her before 1.grin

siezethenight Wed 03-Jul-13 12:16:46

Ohhhh, go on, bring it downstairs and pop headphones on her! She'll be in front of it all day and you can have tennis on all day. We won't tell a soul about it, not a soul grin

FarleyD Wed 03-Jul-13 12:33:43

Hi all, very excited - and stupidly nervous! I have my ipad, my phone, the remote control, and barring the sky falling in on me, I am not moving from here.

Well Raahh, glad your dd doesn't have chicken pox - but my dh has shingles! He asked me to look at his back this morning and there was a row of red blotches. He immediately started wittering on about shingles, to which I responded by telling him not to be silly, there was no reason for him to have shingles. Anyway, he went to the doc, and sure enough, shingles it is. I'm ashamed to say when dh told me, my response was "oh no, will you still be able to pick up ds3 from school?" blush

I endured a long lesson about twitter from dd last night (and am none the wiser for it) and sent El Potato a good luck tweet! We all know Ferrer has enough energy to run all day, so I have been out this morning and run 2km and cycled 2km to save El Potato doing it! I've been a tennis fan for years, but don't remember ever feeling quite so, um, partial to a player. Good viewing to us all.

siezethenight Wed 03-Jul-13 12:46:00

Hi farley you ar ehere! Hurray! Is the cult complete now then? Just a few stragglers and those poor, poor souls working?
I'm all ready. Jobs for day all done in record breaking time.

siezethenight Wed 03-Jul-13 12:49:34

Doesn't shingles make you feel very poorly farley?

FarleyD Wed 03-Jul-13 12:52:38

Yes it's painful so I understand. My poor dh has kidney failure, so his immune system is suppressed anyway, and if there's anything going, you can bet he gets it. He really doesn't need this especially as he's in the middle of decorating the front room. I joke - I am full of admiration for him really, his life has been full of adversity and pain and he keeps on going despite everything.

I have a big bowl of berries here, happy to share them with you lot. Did you go to Starbucks/Costa for the smoothies?

siezethenight Wed 03-Jul-13 12:56:29

Oh God, I hope he is okay farley doesn't have too bad a dose of it then. Crikey...
No, no time for the costa experience, I would be there now if I were to have gone so out of the question, I would have missed the start of match. I have instead got bananas and honey yogurt... I will make do. You have to sacrifice some things for the good of other things!

NotAQueef Wed 03-Jul-13 12:59:36

raaahh I also tell DS that cbeebies is broken when I try and hog the tv blush

Raahh Wed 03-Jul-13 13:02:18

Farley - poor dhsad Shingles can be grim.

Ooh- look- they are out on court. Have bribed dd with an ice-pop and teletubbies on the ipadblush needs must

FarleyD Wed 03-Jul-13 13:03:44

Thanks seize. Admire your self sacrifice re the Costa. You can share my berries.

Bloody Andrew Castle has picked Ferrer to win the match, not that I usually listen to a word he says. But sadly I think he's right.

Raahh Wed 03-Jul-13 13:04:47

I'm not happy that I will have to miss the middle of thissad. Will put off the school run for as long as possible, and hope I can park.

Vamos Ferrer
Vamos Del Potato
but slightly more
Vamos Ferrer

Raahh Wed 03-Jul-13 13:06:02

Del Potato's knee looks heavily strappedsad

HappyAsEyeAm Wed 03-Jul-13 13:06:04

Joining you ladies, minstrels on lap, coffee in hand.

siezethenight Wed 03-Jul-13 13:07:17

I hope its an easy start into it as I am doing my nails with dd's gel stuff, I need steady hands....
I shall remain impartial throughout to respect raahh & farley
Ladies - are you ready....

FarleyD Wed 03-Jul-13 13:08:30

Thanks Raahh. Yes, his poor knee is well bandaged up. I was googling a bit last night and there are worries about both his wrists apparently, not just the one he's had surgery on.

Raahh Wed 03-Jul-13 13:08:58

Ferrer's serve has been rubbish so far-that could help Del Potro

siezethenight Wed 03-Jul-13 13:09:53

Raahh I used to go on school run at the latest possible moment so I could park as others were leaving. This meant I never had to hang in yard with other parents and never had to struggle to park the bloody car either. It was genius - cut school run down from 35 minutes to 15!! The trick is, getting your dc's to accept you will be last in yard.
Welcome happy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now