DEXTER - LAST SERIES EVER - SUNDAYS 9PM

(79 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Mon 01-Jul-13 22:21:44

Dexter starts for the very last time next Sunday sad

blondes wails sad

I absolutely love sexter dexter and cant think how will end, unless he dies shock sad as will always want to kill but only bad people who deserve it grin

few snippets while we wait

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Sat 13-Jul-13 10:04:42

I think it makes sense that Harry had some help with the code given dexter's, ahem,'tendencies'. He would have needed someone with psychological knowledge/understanding to recognise what he was and how to come up with a 'code' that would curb it to and acceptable for them extent. Pity it's only just come to light now, it's a fascinating layer.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 14-Jul-13 20:43:53

so does that mean harry was unfaithful to debs mum?

as in harry wouldnt discuss dexter and his fetish with just anyone

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Sun 14-Jul-13 22:35:22

Im now starting to think the neurowhatsitcalled is the killer scooping brains out cos she thinks psychopaths are better than NT bods. Hence removing the little blob that gives empathy. She's probably a psychopath herself and saw in dexter the opportunity to integrate, and live by a 'code'. Or I'm just havering, and way off the mark.

PatFenis Sun 14-Jul-13 23:09:03

How are you all watching it on a Sunday night? Are you in the US? I have to wait until tomorrow to download it.

Can't believe this is the last series - gutted!!

Although I'm loving the new twists in this series grin

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Mon 15-Jul-13 00:15:26

It's on FOX channel on sky.

BumpAndGrind Mon 15-Jul-13 00:25:21

Its a week behind here pat

ThatVikRinA22 Mon 15-Jul-13 00:31:55

i reckon he is and was never a psychopath at all - he was moulded into what harry and that professor woman wanted him to be - i reckon the drawings and the detachment were pretty normal after watching his mother die in such a horrible way.....

so i dont want him to die at all.

i want him to up sticks and start a new life with Harrison somewhere, Where he realises who he is and that he is not a born killer....

because i dont think he is a born killer. he was moulded and made. he has feelings, he loves people, he is not a psychopath as he has been led to believe.....

i want a happy ending.

mrsdinklage Tue 16-Jul-13 17:46:50

Bunchamunch - thats exactly what my dh thinks
Vicar - I'm hoping you are right smile
I do not trust Dr. Vogel

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 16-Jul-13 18:03:50

vicar, we can only live in hope but i fear he will die

or maybe run away with debs and live happily together and fall in love with her

the doc seems a tad weird,dare i say psychopath and to ask dexter to kill for her (if an ex patient) to protect her makes me go shock

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Tue 16-Jul-13 18:40:07

I agree, especially as Dexter has seen no actual evidence of the apparent murderer leaving jars on her doorstep or being inside her house to leave DVDs. Is it too hopeful of me to think maybe Hannah might turn up at the end, just as Dexter is cornered and either about to be killed/arrested, and takes him off on the run with her? I liked Hannah, she seemed good for him. Up to a point...

mrsdinklage Tue 16-Jul-13 20:57:58

And - I'm sure its never been mentioned - but who is Dexter's dad ?
Could it be Harry - ?????????????

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 16-Jul-13 21:31:48

good thinking, as he knew dexters mum, maybe thats why he adopted dexter and not his ice truck killer brother

tho did think dexters dad was a druggie and thats why his mum got killed

mrsdinklage Wed 17-Jul-13 00:37:30

Blondes - yep I thought his dad could be a druggie
oh this is getting exciting

MyNameIsLola Wed 17-Jul-13 05:16:18

IIRC, Dexter's bio father was killed by the ITK in season 1. There was also a storyline where Harry had to convince the bio Dad to give blood to Dexter when he'd needed surgery as a kid..?

Vogel is an interesting character, I don't think she's a killer herself, but that she's 'created' a fair few of them and now one of her experiments has gone wrong somehow.

Debs new boss creeps me out a bit too.

Does anyone else miss LaGuerta a bit?

mrsdinklage Wed 17-Jul-13 07:09:00

Lola -
I think your right on all counts.
Including missing LaGuerta (and Doakes)

wintertimeisfun Wed 17-Jul-13 11:09:26

question time (sorry...) is it on once a week?/when? how many episodes have i missed.....? we bought season 7 through desperation as netflix only goes up to 6, we have nearly finished it and don't want to have to wait ie a year until season 8 is released on dvd, i don't mind that i have missed 1 or 2 episodes. is it more than that?? thanks

wintertimeisfun Wed 17-Jul-13 11:26:44

ps: is there anywhere i may be able to watch the episodes that i have missed....(not that i am a dexter mad fan or anything)

mrsdinklage Wed 17-Jul-13 11:33:21

You have missed 2 episodes, its on Sunday and repeated on Monday.

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Wed 17-Jul-13 11:35:58

You might get to see the missed shows via sky's website. Not sure how long they keep episodes but it might still be early enough to watch what's been on do far.

wintertimeisfun Wed 17-Jul-13 12:36:53

thanks ladies, so excited :-D

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 17-Jul-13 13:19:43

That rings a vague bell Lola about dexters dad

And that's why Harry adopted as no parents alive

I miss doakes - better in the books as he didn't get killed

mrsdinklage Wed 17-Jul-13 13:50:26

What - Doakes doesn't die in the books ? shock

Bloody hell - I've got some of them - but I never got round to reading them. Do they have an order ?
Do they have a Final Ending ?
Yikes so many questions - so little time
I need to know too much
I think I'll have to go google

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 17-Jul-13 14:51:16

Mrsdinks - no he doesn't and yes have order. Have them at home so can tell you later or google

Doakes gets kidnapped by ice truck killer and think he cuts off his arm
And leg and tongue so in books he can't talk and has a voice box /computer thing and knows what sexter dexter is

mrsdinklage Wed 17-Jul-13 15:06:10

WHAT shock
Thanks I did google - now I've got the list in order.

cocolepew Wed 17-Jul-13 15:56:59

Doakes was easy on the eye but his acting skills left a lot to the imagination!

I don't trust this woman either. I don't think Debs is going to have a happy ending sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now