WIMBLEDON - 2013- Second Set!

(814 Posts)
Raahh Fri 28-Jun-13 08:34:21

Thought we'd have a new thread for today.

It is raining cats and dogs (technical term) here in theNorth West- I am not very hopeful of a full days play at Wimbledon. but fingers crossed. The weather bloke last night today would be 'Frustrating Friday'in terms of play. Fond of alliteration, those Wimbledon types.

FRIDAY ORDER OF PLAY

As I thought,Robson has had an up-grade from court 2 to centre, which should give her a boost.

Looking forward to see if Dimitrov pulls through- and
VAMOS FERRER!!
first upon number 1 court.

Raahh Fri 28-Jun-13 08:50:04

(I really need to get myspace bar fixedgrin)
tennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennistennis

Grrr that mn was down this am, so my forecast is a bit late!

Today, as. Is rather evident is going to be a somewhat wet day. It might clear up a little earlier than expected to get a little evening play in, but don't hold your breath.

Other than that, fine and dry right until Tuesday which we need to keep a bit of an eye on as some potential for wet shows up then.

magimedi Fri 28-Jun-13 10:01:26

Not raining - yet - on SE coast.

Am hoping that the Dimitrov match gets finished.

siezethenight Fri 28-Jun-13 10:06:28

<Lands at kitchen table and flicks hair annoyingly>
A second thread - delightful.
Marking place - have the entire day off work today so am just sitting about waiting for play to begin.... Come on already.

ClayDavis Fri 28-Jun-13 10:08:48

Robson 1st on centre. That was the one match I wanted to see I thought I stood a chance of watching yesterday. If they put the roof on she'll get to play amd I'll be at work. Should get to see Murray v Robredo though.

siezethenight Fri 28-Jun-13 10:15:38

Robson is my highlight today. I know she hits the net a lot which is frustrating but it seems like ages ago I watched her play last, so much has happened since she last stepped on court in this Wimbledon... Its as if she is coming out into an entirely other tournament...
Murray to end the day, is that correct? So am off to look up order of play to find out what the filling in this delicious sandwich is today.

Raahh Fri 28-Jun-13 11:41:57

I've just switched on- rainsad

Hopefully the roof is on centre, and they can start off there at least.

Raahh Fri 28-Jun-13 11:48:10

I'm looking forward to Robredo hopefully giving Murray a run for his money. He played exceptionally at the French, and I think Murray needs a bit of a test before everyone gets a bit complacent.

Laura can be brilliant- sometimes her immaturity shows a bit, but she doesn't let the big names phase her. I think we have a couple of big future stars in Robson and Watson (hopefully Watson will recover properly soon).

Anne Keothavong is beautifulenvy

Raahh Fri 28-Jun-13 11:49:00

(watching the bbc at the moment in case that last comment sounded randomgrin- she's talking to Sue Barker).

Raahh Fri 28-Jun-13 11:50:04

Annoyingly- play on centre not scheduled til 1pm- surely, knowing the forecast, it would have made sense to start earlier?

<stops wittering to self>

It would have made sense Raah, they could have then got in a couple of other matches at the end.
I guess they must consider these things though.

Raahh Fri 28-Jun-13 11:56:20

OYBBK- I think they do- I know it changes the court playing too often with the roof on,maybe that's a consideration. Still frustrating (probably more so for the players)gringrin

NigellasGuest Fri 28-Jun-13 12:38:33

is the guy who beat Nadal playing today?
He has a very pretty wife <not lesbian just appreciative>

Mama1980 Fri 28-Jun-13 12:40:13

Yay I found you all again.
Now we need it to stop raining!

I think they might be able to start playing outside at around 3pm smile

Raahh Fri 28-Jun-13 12:49:03

The bloke who beat Nadal- pulled out injured before his second round match.
But I think Stakhovsky (the one who beat Federer ) is playing today.

Raahh Fri 28-Jun-13 12:50:00

And his wife is very pretty indeed. Looks a bit like Mila Kunis.

Raahh Fri 28-Jun-13 12:51:50

3pm? Just in time for the school rungrin

I need play today!- I've discovered I'm going to be stuck at the village fair tomorrow for the best part of 4 hours. I am extremely fed up about thissad

Raahh Fri 28-Jun-13 12:53:09

But I want to see Ferrer!! <sulks>

Raahh Fri 28-Jun-13 12:56:11

Awww- Stakhovsky is staying in a house with a local family with 4 kids!!

Oh dear! Can you not feign tummy pain or something? Or haul out a big telly with you grin

NigellasGuest Fri 28-Jun-13 12:57:48

oh I am an idiot - I did mean the one who beat Federer. And yes, that's it - Mila Kunis!
I hope he does well today...

raah just hope that the village fair is rained off but Wimbledon goes ahead! What a pain! I recommend using small portable radio with earphones tuned to Radio 5...

siezethenight Fri 28-Jun-13 12:59:03

Positioned in kitchen with remote control and huge pile of ironing to ease the tension of watching Laura... Banished now up offspring to living room and told them to shut up keep quiet for the rest of the day or simply go back to bed. They are 22, 20 and 16 by the way, I have not stuffed three toddlers into a play pen with the cats food on demand bowl and left them to it!
Ahhh - a whole, entire afternoon and evening of tennis.
I am braced and ready...

Witt Fri 28-Jun-13 12:59:24

Will the roof be on centre court from the start of play today?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now