Waterloo road

(48 Posts)
KareninsGirl Sat 22-Jun-13 11:10:17

Anyone else watch?

Yet another new era dawns for the school with a recovering alcoholic the 'head teacher of choice'.

I sense drama unfolding!

Remotecontrolduck Sat 06-Jul-13 09:59:45

I watched this week's episode. The acting was atrocious wasn't it. When Tom fell off the roof, he was somehow all in one piece and able to talk, despite landing on his back.... And presumably hitting his head??

I love Waterloo Road in a car crash sort of way. It's so bad it's brilliant!

LineRunner Sat 06-Jul-13 10:55:01

So will Grantley now get Tom's kidneys or what?

OodPi oh yes, I know councils are rather strange and mystical organisations, but I was more thinking that when Waterloo Road became a free academy or whatever it is, the whole point was that it stepped outside of council control. (Thus ending the plotline of every episode involving "The LEA are on their way in to the school!")

OodPi Sat 06-Jul-13 12:01:11

I think that the LEA took them back when The blonde woman left.

TheOriginalSteamingNit Sat 06-Jul-13 12:05:42

What, tom's kidneys? grin

A ludicrous programme, but I really enjoy it! I'm thinking a bit of a My Sisters Keeper storyline now?

simpson Sat 06-Jul-13 12:09:43

I used to love this programme but I think I am losing interest now...

Kyle Stack travelled all that way to go to a different the same school hmm

Grantley was on deaths door the week before and now he is out of hospital hmm

hmm at the choice of new HT

I know it's not supposed to be believable but still!!!

But I will admit I shed a tear over Tom sad he was one of the reasons to tune in <<drool>>

LineRunner Sat 06-Jul-13 12:44:46

OodPi Ah, thanks for that update.

So 'We've got the LEA on the way in!' will go back to being a staple part of each episode, excellent. You know where you are with the Waterloo Road-style LEA.

OodPi Sat 06-Jul-13 15:21:33

grin

KareninsGirl Sun 07-Jul-13 00:05:00

Tom's kidneys will become stuff of legend. If they are not used by Grantley, I'm sure they will be pickled and kept on a shelf in Christine's office.

notanyanymore Sun 07-Jul-13 00:20:28

Was it def an accident? It looked weird like it could have been done on purpose. I'm not sure how that could happen by accident? Oh, but then it is Waterloo Road!

cheerfulweather Sun 07-Jul-13 01:40:44

How long before the LEA are threatening to close the place!

I was thinking that Grantly was definitely going to get the kidney, and sooner. Seems I was wrong. Pah, it won't be the same without Tom. The Kyle Stack storyline was ridiculous but that's Waterloo Rd for you.

Some of those sixth formers look far too old to be at school I was thinking last week.

LineRunner Sun 07-Jul-13 06:52:00

It is the only school populated with a sixth-form populated by school-hating, dim, 25-year hooligans with school-hating, dim, hissing parents.

Obviously no-one's told them they could have left school at 16.

LineRunner Sun 07-Jul-13 06:52:52

Shall I write that again? <sanctions have been applied>

It is the only school with a sixth-form populated by school-hating, dim, 25-year hooligans with school-hating, dim, hissing parents.

Obviously no-one's told them they could have left school at 16.

OodPi Sun 07-Jul-13 07:05:19

Yeah actually what is the point of a PRU for the over 16s?

LineRunner Sun 07-Jul-13 07:35:42

They only ever seem to do A level English Lit with Grantley.

Once a teacher leaves the series, that subject stops being taught in the school.

KareninsGirl Sun 07-Jul-13 08:32:11

It's like Hotel California, that PRU: once you're there, you can never leave!

I reckon Kyle will donate his kidney out of remorse and will become the next head teacher.

LineRunner Sun 07-Jul-13 08:37:31

'Whispering' Zoe Lucker could be Kyle's new Chair of Governors.

TwllBach Sun 07-Jul-13 20:32:06

I wish they had done toms death better... I am also watching the reruns on CBS and the first 2/3 series were amazing an so muh better than this load of crap series.

ChocolateBridesmaid Tue 09-Jul-13 12:36:54

Also watching the re runs on love film, just on series 3 now. So now that Toms dead, thats his trio gone, first his wife Lorna, then his fiance Izzy now him (all best of friends)...they must have done some devil worshipping when they were younger to be so unlucky!!

That school has a very high death rate!

MiaowTheCat Tue 09-Jul-13 19:45:54

I went off it last series when the PRU arrived - I could deal with every single previous education-related inconsistency, but them constantly referring to it as the Pee Argh You did my head in and I deleted it off sky plus at that point.

Had a very surreal conversation while having my stuck placenta manually removed with the theatre staff about the hilarious inaccuracies of Waterloo Road and Holby City (with Phil Collins on in the background).

I always loved the way they'd have a deeply disturbed teen on the roof of the school with a machete in one hand and can of petrol in the other and with the magic words of "Cooler... NOW" they'd just trot meekly along without any issues whatsoever.

Just watching the end now on catch up.

I love how unrealistic it is!

I do not agree with them killing Tom though. He was my favourite. I'm actually feeling a little sad.

Barry Barry is a dick. Hes as scary as a worm

AlphaBetaOoda Wed 10-Jul-13 12:51:01

Yes to the the Pee Argh You. angry

Chippychop Thu 11-Jul-13 21:07:52

Just watched the last episode! Shocked at Tom being killed, poor Tom. Surprised Kyle didn't follow him that will finish him off. Don't care if its unrealistic its only telly!

DebK2012 Fri 02-Aug-13 01:17:18

TOM!!! :'(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now