Britain & Ireland's Next Top Model

(116 Posts)

Anyone else watching? The girls have definitely improved since Elle took over, you can see them as models. I like Sarah already (Irish redhead), striking and lovely with it. I also like the army girl.

I want Sarah to win! I thought Angel could have won if she her beauty had translated to photos. She was gorgeous. Emma is edgy and very 'now', but not an all rounder.

dollybird Mon 02-Sep-13 20:31:05

The one from a couple of years ago was Jade - she was great. I really liked Jade McSorley from a few years back. She was glad she didn't win as she didn't want to be a role model to young girls when she was still really thin (recovering from anorexia). I think she's doing well for herself now. Did anyone else see the ANTM one with US vs Brits which Sophie who was a prev runner up won? I didn't like her in BNTM but she was much better in ANTM

I have just caught up on the last two episodes.

I now want Emma to win. I LOVED the photo of her in the cave with the short hair wig - it suited her soooooo much better than the weird 80s quiff thing she normally has. And she does seem like a genuinely nice person. I was so annoyed at that twat shouting at her at the style challenge just because she, you know, actually made an effort rather than just slinging on a dress like the others angry

Lauren is beautiful. Nothing else to say.

Sarah is annoying the shit out of me. Very contrived (the tears, the oh-my-GOD-I-have-won-another-challenge-little-old-me-surely-not-I-can't-believe-it!!!!! crap, grrrr angry. Also I thought she should've picked up a wee something for Emma and Sophie from her massive free shopping spree that she won for putting on a dress, I mean no, she's not obliged or anything, but it would've been NICE angry )

And......breathe grin. I just feel she is really calculating and not a very pleasant person. Don't think her look is that great either. Judges keep ragging on Emma for not being an all-rounder and not being commercial enough. Surely this also applies to Sarah? She's not a catalogue girl.

Emma or Lauren to win please!

Dollybird yes Jade McSorley was utterly gorgeous. I did read she's doing well now, good for her.

I gave up on the ANTM Brits vs Americans...I pretty much hated everything about it confused way too gimmicky. Bring back old-style ANTM will never happen though now due to glaring lack of noted fashion photographers sad

I thought Emma looked the best in the style challenge, original and herself. Anyone can throw on a dress. I do think Sarah is most beautiful, but even I'm wondering how sincere she is now and I agree that having found out just how much money she had to spend, a gift for the other girls would have been nice. I thought Naomi was a nice girl. I was sad when she left.

Yy, Sarah just put a dress on, no accessories or anything. Also. With jade they kept going on about her difficult body, but they haven't mentioned at all that Sarah is much less tones than the others. And I like it when they do the adverts- if they had to do a cover girl commercial I think Sophie would've got it.

yellowballoons Thu 05-Sep-13 20:39:16

I think Lauren will win, Sarah second and Emma third
Mainly because when the show gets to the last finalists, they annouce who is to stay, backwards.

And I think that Lauren should win. I think they are downplaying that Lauren is going to win.

There is normally go sees? Where has that gone. I like that. The cynic in me thinks that Lauren would have aced them, so they didnt do them?

All of this is guesswork by me.

I havent "liked" Sarah since I saw her half way through the show.

They did go sees right at the beginning I think

yellowballoons Thu 05-Sep-13 21:16:18

Ahhh. I didnt see about the first five episodes.

Come on Emma!!

SquidgyMummy Thu 05-Sep-13 22:01:31

I thought Emma or Sarah would win.
Lauren's photos weren't all that great, but she is a nice person (sleeping on her own sofa for 2 years to help out ser single mum sister.)

Agree that Sarah was rather insincere, but she did photograph well.
I think she will get a job in the Next catalogue grin

Well done Lauren, too predictable however

Rhubarbgarden Thu 05-Sep-13 22:12:20

Disappointed they took the 'safe' option. I think they missed an opportunity to pick someone a bit different and fresh.

I think Emma will do well off the back of this regardless. One of the agencies is sure to sign her - she takes such stunning photos.

flatmum Thu 05-Sep-13 22:27:10

Lauren! Lauren?

think they're going to be kicking themeselves at a missed opportunity to get in on the ground floor later ...

GoshAnneGorilla Fri 06-Sep-13 00:17:40

No way, it was obvious Lauren would win, the two main sponsors are Tresemme and Revlon and that = a beauty model, which isn't Sarah and it definitely isn't Emma (I will not miss hearing "I don't' want to go back to working in a call centre").

Tbh, I can't see either Emma or Sarah having the temprement to hack it in the modelling world, unless they really were putting on the emotional crises. I think Sophie will do well though.

yellowballoons Fri 06-Sep-13 09:18:53

I dont know if she has won btw. I am only noticing a format having watched some of the 8 or 9 series, and most of ANTM.

That is the trouble with me. I am a bit of an analyser.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now