Britain & Ireland's Next Top Model

(116 Posts)

Anyone else watching? The girls have definitely improved since Elle took over, you can see them as models. I like Sarah already (Irish redhead), striking and lovely with it. I also like the army girl.

Footface Tue 30-Jul-13 18:40:07

Just watched the last two episode.

Well aren't Sarah's true colours showing through, I think she a manipulating behind the scenes bully getting angel to do the actual talking while she tries to be meek and mild.

Tyson is just pervy.

Lauren photos were lovely, but I'd look better wearing wings, than pulling an pig

Footface Tue 30-Jul-13 18:41:52

Agree about saffron though how is she still there, her red riding good photo was really strange, and get expression looked odd

SilverOldie Wed 31-Jul-13 17:26:36

I don't have Sky (hate Murdoch) but when I was watching Pick TV (which I do rarely) I saw an ad for this. Tyson is very good looking but I wonder if he bats for the other side?

Did anyone else wonder why we didn't see shots from the milk commercial at the judging? Because it looked like Lauren, whose pictures are fab, struggled? I wanted to see how they had done but it wasn't even mentioned!

Caster8 Wed 31-Jul-13 17:36:27

Only saw that this was on last week. Havent see this week's episode yet. I did notice Sarah. Not sure why though. Havent learnt all the names or the girls yet.
I too cringe with Tyson. Cant work out why. Too much grinning? And he looks like he has the greatest job in the world?

IdaBlankenship Wed 31-Jul-13 19:40:02

SilverOldie Tyson is always insinuating very unsubtly that he is a red-blooded male who appreciates the laydeeez - perhaps he doth protest too much hmmm?

Rhubarbgarden Wed 31-Jul-13 21:04:08

I wondered that about the milk shots too. Perhaps they were all rubbish.

I'm really hoping Sophie wins, she's got such a beautiful face and reminds me of Jean Shrimpton, if she doesn't win then Naomi, absolutely stunning too and both seem like nice girls unlike some of the others!

Rhubarbgarden Fri 02-Aug-13 18:26:56

I like Sophie too. She seems less of an airhead than some of them, likewise Naomi.

Elle seems to really have it in for Holly.

Allofaflumble Sat 03-Aug-13 12:59:36

Yes Elle does seem to have a grudge against Holly.

I wonder if this is because they are very alike IMV. They are both a bit cold, mechanical and personality challenged.

Allofaflumble Wed 07-Aug-13 22:20:27

Have you seen the new Marmite advert? The mother at the end looks like Holly and I wonder if it is her?

I suggest they give the title to Lauren now, seeing as the panel favour her so much.

Naomi's lipstick shot was by far the best photo, she looked mesmerising.

And that prat Tyson is creeping me out with his comments, can't think now what he said last night but he's pissing me off.

Elle is still a dead eyed shark who loves to give the bad news.

I do like Danni.

Rhubarbgarden Fri 09-Aug-13 12:39:48

I totally agree Naomi's was the best shot. I couldn't see what was special about Lauren's at all this week. It seemed a bit harsh to ditch Holly the week she did a really good photo too. To be fair though, when she complained she didn't like the clothes she was modelling I did think it marked her out as a bit of an idiot not cut out for the job.

Yes grin having a moan about the clothes was a mistake, however they did give her that awful, shapeless dress which Elle herself would have had a job making look good.

GoshAnneGorilla Fri 09-Aug-13 18:17:31

Agreed. As soon as she complained about the clothes, I knew she was a gonner - crumbs! Can you imagine if anyone said that to Tyra on ANTM?

I did like Lauren's shot and I do think she's the complete package. I can see her and Sophie being in the final.

I have no idea why Angel's still there, her last two shots were dreadful.

Rhubarbgarden Fri 30-Aug-13 21:03:26

Oh boo, they got rid of Sophie. That was an amazing shot, too.

sad

I really really want Emma to win now.

I don't think she will though., I reckon Sarah's nailed on .

Ellenora5 Sat 31-Aug-13 01:19:46

Sarahs tears have me in tears, tears of frustration, it is such an act, it's all a front, she knows well how to play it up, I don't think she will win, it's often the girls who seem to do so well end up not winning, I thought the tide was shifting against her at the judging, I'm rooting for Emma now.

Rhubarbgarden Sat 31-Aug-13 08:00:25

I want Emma to win too. She's quirky and has character. Sarah takes amazing pictures though - she'll be hard to beat. I fail completely to see the appeal of Lauren. I find her dull.

Emma has that Lara Stone vibe about her.

She would be so chuffed to win, there's no side to her is there, she's lovely.

forehead Sat 31-Aug-13 19:44:45

Really want Emma to win too. I just love the way she looks.
I think that they want an Irish girl to win this year. So Sarah will probably win.
I don't understand the fuss about Lauren.
Angel was the most beautiful contestant, but she did not photograph well.

MrsSJG Sat 31-Aug-13 20:16:22

Definitely want Emma to win, Sarah annoys us in this house with the crying and the bitching. We think she is playing a very sly game

stephrick Sat 31-Aug-13 20:30:30

Emma defo, she has a new face, lanky flat foot, but in photos beautiful.

cardibach Sun 01-Sep-13 19:25:33

I don't get what any of you see in Emma - her shots all look the same to me as there is really only one angle that really works for her 'quirky' face. I know models are not meant to be conventionally pretty, but they do need to be versatile, and she really isn't.
I also don't see why Lauren keeps getting criticised by the panel for cockiness when she is clearly not cocky...I like Sarah and I like the way she has toughened herself up from the early weeks.

Sleepyhoglet Sun 01-Sep-13 22:10:16

At the beginning they showed Lauren's backstory and the hard life she had, but now they seem to be editing it to make her look über confident. With sarah the judges do like to go on about how much she has learned and what a good role model she is. However, she is a whiner. I don't think many of them were that easy to warm to unlike the frecky mixed race red head a few years ago. Her name has gone, but she was lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now