Britain & Ireland's Next Top Model

(116 Posts)

Anyone else watching? The girls have definitely improved since Elle took over, you can see them as models. I like Sarah already (Irish redhead), striking and lovely with it. I also like the army girl.

I thought Abi would go too. Angel is stunning, but annoying, however, I agree that I hate any ganging up. I still like Emily and Sarah best, but Emily needs to believe in herself and lose the attitude. She was in a right strop when Sarah won!

anonacfr Fri 12-Jul-13 19:49:17

I can't believe Elle liked Angel's photo. She looked like a corpse.

I think Emma (despite teeth) is the most model ish.

Angel is a beautiful girl who doesn't photograph as well, as Tyra would say.

Emma is very editorial, but I think Sarah is too. For me she just has that edge, love her and her beautiful red hair!

Rhubarbgarden Fri 12-Jul-13 21:20:57

Yes I think it's between Emma and Sarah too. I reckon Saffron or Laura will be the next to go. Possibly Sophie, which is a shame because I like her.

JazzDalek Sat 13-Jul-13 12:37:24

Does Emma have a brace on her teeth? I was trying to tell but it's hard to see. Kudos to her if she does, I had one recently and it was a real confidence-killer - no way would I have gone on a TV programme with it in!

Angel is terribly annoying, but in a very childish way. I think she's just immature. She's what, 17, 18? But acts 13-14. I had to laugh when she sat down and said something like "oh we've been here weeks now and STILL nobody understands me" grin bless. I did think her photo was awful, but then whenever there's an awful photo I always think there was surely a better one, but they pick bad ones for the girls they want to criticise that week. We only have their word for it that "this was your best shot"!

I am sooooooo glad Julian McDonald is off the judging panel. Love the current line-up.

Footface Sat 13-Jul-13 23:27:09

Just watched last weeks, hope you don't mind me joining

Is there anyone else who fines Sarah really really annoying. I find the little girl lost starting to look like an attention seeking act. Its a bit like I will tell you I'm rubbish so you boost my ego by telling me how good I am

Footface Sat 13-Jul-13 23:32:12

Also does Elle just not care, she seems dead behind the eyes

Roshbegosh Sat 13-Jul-13 23:33:25

Yes the "who me?" startled big eyes stuff is starting to irritate me too, though I think she should win. Love her red hair and translucent skin.

IdaBlankenship Sun 14-Jul-13 07:50:01

Ha Footface, that describes Elle perfectly, she really is dead behind the eyes! Perhaps that is why she was favouring those mirrored shades last series.

ExasperatedSigh Sun 14-Jul-13 17:17:01

Can't stand Tyson's creepiness, ugh. Angel would definitely drive me insane if I had to live with her. I too was v disappointed in the makeover refusals, and the makeovers generally - not much change going on there.

Elle is going through the motions for sure. Her goodbye spiel to Abi was so fake - 'you've been a fantastic contestant...even though you wouldn't have your hair cut, had a bad attitude, took boring pictures...'

Footface Sun 14-Jul-13 19:19:37

They really need to get rid of Elle,

I don't like angel but Sarah has to be the worst for attention seeking. She is beautiful. But she wouldn't survive in the modelling world for long

IdaBlankenship Sun 14-Jul-13 19:49:07

Surely that's what you need from judges though - creepiness, smugness and delusions of grandeur. T'would be no fun if they were actually full of reasonable, great advice and support for our young models-in-the-making.

IdaBlankenship Fri 19-Jul-13 19:30:56

Wow - Lauren's photo this week was great, although I don't know what they were all fussing about - they weren't nude, they were wearing thongs

ExasperatedSigh Fri 19-Jul-13 21:47:51

Yes, lots of strong photos actually. Surprised Saffron made it through though, she was lacking that model thing as always.

Lauren is a natural.

forehead Fri 19-Jul-13 22:40:44

Angel is the most beautiful, but really needs to grow up.
Elle is crap.

Rhubarbgarden Fri 19-Jul-13 22:51:48

I thought it was an interesting week. Sarah is definitely starting to get a bit irritating. I can't believe Saffron is still there - and she's increasingly coming across as a not very nice person. Emily clearly can't hack it and would be better bumped off the show for her own sake.

I'm liking Sophie and Naomi more and more, they are the most mature. Stunning photos from Lauren and Sophie. I couldn't see the appeal of Holly's photo this week, though she's naturally one of the more beautiful girls.

I love Emma. I don't want her to go back to her shitty call centre job either.

Allofaflumble Sat 20-Jul-13 10:38:31

I don't think Sarah is model material atall. Such a sharp little face and she is very irritating. I thought the picture of her underwater was very ordinary, but what do I know?

My favourites are Naomi and Lauren. I missed it this week so look forward to catching up.

The way Angel talks! What is that all about?

Good job Elle M has a good body as she certainly aint got a character! So bland. Likewise Danni Minogue.

Love the show though.

anonacfr Sun 21-Jul-13 00:16:58

I thought Emma's picture this week was the best by far. Lauren's looked great but a bit too sexy.

Angel is just awful. I think Elle is pushing her to stay in for the drama.

I don't get why Saffron is still there. They keep taking about her being drop dead gorgeous. Really? She's pretty but not gorgeous and she doesn't photograph well.

Lighthousekeeping Sun 21-Jul-13 18:00:48

I'm just watching last weeks now. Elle has had some god work done hasn't she? I like that Danni has eased up off the Botox. She's so attractive and warm.

About ANTM I gave up about five seasons ago when it involved the short models? After that it has all these themes and I couldn't take it. Now that you are telling me we've lost the two jays I can't see it lating much longer.

MrsHoolie Sun 21-Jul-13 21:49:52

I love this programme but I find Elle so smug.

Maybe I'd be smug if I looked like her!She does seem really fake and insincere.

SyraCusa Mon 29-Jul-13 03:06:23

Elle's is the only exercise video I've ever done intermittently regularly, so I've always felt warm towards her and her encouraging tones. However, I agree she comes across as aloof and uninterested in this season (sorry, 'cycle'). Danni is much more likeable than I thought she would be.

I'm feeling slightly jaded after the last ep - Lauren seems head and shoulders above the rest to me, but getting her third pic of the week... seems like she's been set up to be the surprise loser.

I predict Lauren/Emma/Sarah final. I would prefer Lauren/Emma/Sophie - I don't really like Sarah's look, and seems like she's in there for the 'journey story arc, but others seem to like her.

GoshAnneGorilla Mon 29-Jul-13 03:20:26

So pleased there's a thread for this.

Elle just doesn't seemed that arsed this series, I think they need some new judges to liven it up. Tyrese just seems to think with his little head all the time.

ANTM is dead to me since they got rid of the Jays and Noted Fashion Photographer Nigel Barker.
It also used to have the best judge ever, Andre Leon Talley. And The Swirl Twins! And Benny Ninja!

longs for the ANTM glory years

IdaBlankenship Mon 29-Jul-13 09:15:56

SyraCuse I used to do the Elle workout too - it always bugged me when she said things like "this exercise is so difficult if you have long legs like me" or "this exercise is great for you butt... the area I need to work the most" whilst flashing us a shot of her perfect derriere.

Allofaflumble Mon 29-Jul-13 22:10:09

Sarah reminds me of Cher Lloyd, she of X factor fame.

I think Emma takes the best pictures. Not keen on Holly or Angel so wish one of them would go next.

I agree that Saffron is not model material.

Rhubarbgarden Mon 29-Jul-13 23:08:34

Saffron survived again! Surely she must be the next one out. That said, Emily was really struggling so I'm not surprised she got bumped off really. Naomi was disappointing this week. She needs to drastically up her game.

I thought it was quite mean of Elle to be sympathetic to Holly in the corridor then throw it back in her face later. Harsh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now