Britain & Ireland's Next Top Model

(116 Posts)

Anyone else watching? The girls have definitely improved since Elle took over, you can see them as models. I like Sarah already (Irish redhead), striking and lovely with it. I also like the army girl.

Rhubarbgarden Thu 27-Jun-13 22:45:15

Hello. Can I join in? I was sad that Danielle got the boot - I thought she was easily the most beautiful of the lot. Couldn't model for toffee though so I guess it was inevitable. I'd have preferred one of the ones who refused to have a makeover to have got dropped though. Especially Saffron. I'm finding her quite irritating.

TwllBach Fri 28-Jun-13 08:38:21

I'm catching up with the third episode now and I find all the tears really irritating. I don't think Tyra would stand for being told 'no' either <misses Tyra>

Totally agree with your comments. It's not as though it's some poxy hairdresser doing it. I was always changing my hairstyle and colour when I was in my teens and twenties. These girls can't be models if they only want to be pretty because you have to be ugly-pretty in modelling at times. God, I sound like Tyra! I miss Tyra too. grin

anonacfr Fri 28-Jun-13 23:29:36

I loved the fact that Elle's makeover was awful- she looks like a pinhead spaniel.

A lot of them are stunning this series.

TwllBach Sun 30-Jun-13 14:11:38

I agree - there are some beautiful girls... But the ones I think are beautiful are always the ones that seem to not photograph well.

It must be because I'm so used to looking for conventional beauty?

ShabbyButNotChic Sun 30-Jun-13 17:33:24

Just watched all 3eps of this..i really like the army girl (emily?) i have an admiration for girls that can pull off short hair as i never could! Does anyone else think abigail looks like a less attractive binky from made in chelsea?? I really dont like angels attitude, she just bugs me, but is very pretty.

Agree re Abigail. I don't like her personality and she is the least attractive IMO. Still like Emily (army girl) and Sarah (redhead). That blonde girl photographs amazingly.

WingDefence Wed 03-Jul-13 12:33:51

Just catching up now on the makeover ep. YY to that girl that looks like Binky!

I can't believe either that two girls are not having their hair cut. I've never seen that before on any of the NTMs I've watched and it's right that they are being disrespectful and taking the piss.

Right, back to it...

WingDefence Wed 03-Jul-13 13:12:13

I like Emily army girl and Lauren too. I think Binky should have gone though because of her lopsided chin.

Maryz Wed 03-Jul-13 18:26:01

Just marking place. For dd, you understand, as I wouldn't watch this crap myself.

<lies>

I didn't know it had started so will have to catch up somewhere.

I think Elle did seem to be picking on Holly about wearing a lot of make-up at judging, it wasn't a lot and Holly was right when she said others were wearing the same or more. Either tell them all, or don't bother, it makes it personal. Some amazing photos from all of them pretty much.

TwllBach Sat 06-Jul-13 21:37:14

Elle never seems to come across very nicely on here. She seems just a bit... Uninterested?

Yes I get that impression Twll. She doesn't come across well and I suspect that is why Dannii was brought in.

bruffin Sun 07-Jul-13 10:55:39

I've never seen that before on any of the NTMs

It did sort have happen in one of the early ANTM. Cassandra (a former pageant girl) had all her hair chopped in makeover but Tara wanted it more Mia Farrow/Twiggy and wanted more off, but the girl refused and left.
Cassandra

TwllBach Sun 07-Jul-13 13:27:17

I think you're right about Dannii. I haven't ever really liked her before and thought she was irritating on X factor, but I've warmed to her on here!

IdaBlankenship Tue 09-Jul-13 21:57:54

How did I miss this thread? Although I reserve my purest love for Tyra and ANTM, I can't resist a dirty fumble with BINTM also!
I'm liking the Dannii, Elle and Tyson triumverate, although Elle is immensely unlikeable. She comes across as really cold, but at least she has given up wearing those mirrored sunglasses all the time, which I always thought was really rude of her.
I think Lauren is amazing looking, I also like Sophie but as Elle doesn't, I can't imagine she'll last long.

Ida, agree, ANTM rules, BNTM tides me over until Queen Smizer Tyra returns!

IdaBlankenship Wed 10-Jul-13 16:54:19

Have you tried Australia's NTM - that feels really low rent. None shall ever surpass the sheer lunacy of Tyra!

Rhubarbgarden Wed 10-Jul-13 17:46:42

I just caught up with last week's episode. I thought they bumped off the right girl this week. She was very mediocre. I'm liking Naomi more and more; she took the comment about her nose in good spirit.

TwllBach Wed 10-Jul-13 19:40:59

I once series linked Australia's NTM and was deeply deeply disappointed.

Is there another Americas NTM?? I miss Tyra.

IdaBlankenship Thu 11-Jul-13 09:55:14

When Australia's NTM started, it was like they had budget of £5. The models were not at all modelly (and they flashed their baps endlessly), the challenges were supermarket sweep style cheap and the sets for the judging all a bit shakey. I think they have upped the budget a bit since then, but it is still the poor relation of the franchise.... Actually having said that, I caught a bit of Canadian's NTM with Mr Jay as host and that was pretty poor.
ANTM is coming back no? I'm sure on the last ANTM thread someone said it was coming back minus the 2 Jays and the smug Mr Barker.

bruffin Thu 11-Jul-13 10:20:55

There is series 19 in the Us called the College edition. All the girls had to be in higher education. That series has finished then a new one is starting in August called Boys and Girls or something like that

IdaBlankenship Thu 11-Jul-13 10:25:11

When the College edition comes to the UK, we'll have to institute a drinking game where you have to down a shot every time Tyra mentions her Harvard degree

Rhubarbgarden Thu 11-Jul-13 22:09:41

How irritating was Angel this week?? I'm glad they didn't bump Laura off. It would have been a bit harsh when she was clearly compromised by not being able to see anything. I don't know how Sarah pulled that amazing shot out of the bag; she just gets better and better.

IdaBlankenship Fri 12-Jul-13 13:27:19

Its always the same with those underwater photo shoots, one of the girls freaks out big time then ends up getting photo of the week.
I thought Abby would go this week. Angel was pretty annoying but I always feel sorry for anyone when everyone else hates them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now