Rubbish/bizarre telly-watching confessional time

(94 Posts)
Hassled Sun 16-Jun-13 21:31:39

I'll start with UK Border Force and the Australian Customs version. I just cannot get enough of people trying to smuggle dodgy beef in their suitcases into Melbourne for no apparent reason, or illegal waiters denying all knowledge of their birthdays.

And on days off I can't miss Homes Under The Hammer, mainly for the inspired way they manage to find music to match anything that anyone says. Someone will paint a wall purple, and they'll play Purple Rain - it's genius.

Has anyone sunk lower?

Hassled Mon 17-Jun-13 21:36:22

I'm enjoying the Greggs programme even though it is utterly pointless and largely seems to consist of lorries getting lost or stuck. And "I'm mad, me" characters. Have you ever seen a blue smartie on a Greggs cupcake? No? That's because the shop staff spend the day eating them, and this programme is the result.

Hassled Mon 17-Jun-13 21:36:58

Oh I like the sound of sewer-cam grin

SinisterBuggyMonth Mon 17-Jun-13 23:46:08

Coach Trip
Storage Wars
Banged Up Abroad
Sixteen and Pregnant (uk version)
Choccy Woccy Doodaa

DP loves Decked Out

SinisterBuggyMonth Mon 17-Jun-13 23:55:18

So disapointed Duck Dynasty isn't about actual ducks. Would have loved to have seen the mallard Joan Collins....

weebleknievel Wed 19-Jun-13 02:17:26

sparklingbrook loved Extreme Couponing! I'm hooked.

Brilliant weeble grin Now last night on TLC there was Extreme Cheapskates which as truly mind boggling.

MinesaBottle Wed 19-Jun-13 13:36:42

I love the border and customs programmes as well. I currently have about 25 of them saved on the TiVo blush. I also can't get enough of those 'Cops with Cameras' type shows but just the UK ones because the crimes they show are so crap compared to the US shows - youths hanging around outside a petrol station in Pembrokeshire as opposed to a high speed car chase in Chicago. And the narration is hilarious. And I will watch anything at all about aviation - yes, I'm the person who watched the whole series of Mighty Planes.

WireCat Wed 19-Jun-13 14:20:12

Extreme Couponing is BRILLIANT! wink

Secret Agent with Phil Spencer is excellent!

I need to watch more shite though.

I used to watch The Valleys. It's a Welsh version of Towie.

GibberTheMonkey Wed 19-Jun-13 21:16:33

Just seen an ad for 'rat bastards' may have to give it a go grin
I have a thing for rednecks programmes

congresstart Fri 28-Jun-13 20:03:28

I agree with most of these....don't think anyones mentioned Lizard Lick Towing yet, that is good for a laugh.

I love Homes under the Hammer, Lucy seems to only own one coat but in many colours and Martin always looks like he's had his head out a car window with his windswept hair :D
The best bit is when the buyers are filmed to cheesy music just walking round touching walls or randomly measuring bits of wall for no apparent reason. grin

I am also in love with Phil Spencer and his 'Secret agent' ways, I love the fact that they pretend its a massive surprise to see him when really he must have got their keys to look around.

anonacfr Sat 29-Jun-13 09:10:04

I'm a Kardashian whore. I actually Sky + all of their shows. I'm not ashamed.

limitedperiodonly Sat 29-Jun-13 11:00:45

I used to record Homes Under The Hammer so I could fast-forward through the repetitive bits. blush

I've weaned myself it now because I started to find it vaguely depressing. I think it's because it's presented as a fantastic money-making scheme where no one ever loses, even people who clearly haven't done their sums.

I don't mind The Chase but my mum is addicted and yells excitedly at the screen over the questions and answers during the chase bit which is a bit annoying. She loves Bradley Walsh and talks about the Chasers like they're friends. Bradley Walsh lives near her and she's really envious of my sister who sees him a lot, whereas she never has.

She tried to get me into Tipping Point the other day. Years ago she kept badgering me to apply compete on Catchphrase confused. I've noticed it's come back and am dreading her starting that up again.

limitedperiodonly Sat 29-Jun-13 11:04:25

I had a mild Don't Get Done, Get Dom habit for a while. It surprised me that lots of people hate Dominic Littlewood. Is there something nasty about him I don't know?

He says 'conshoomers' limited. grin

FiteFuaite Sat 29-Jun-13 11:20:11

I stopped watching Don't Get Done,Get Dom when I started rooting for the fraudsters/tricksters!!

He was so self-righteous and pompous and it made me all contrary angry I used to like him when he was with Kristian Digby on that home show but now he makes me feel all stabby

limitedperiodonly Sat 29-Jun-13 11:23:55

I also can't stop watching drama series that are shit, I have to stay to the end.

I've just finished the second series of Touch, which is just Kiefer Sutherland running about saying Dammit! I'm going to watch all of Mad Dogs even though I neither know nor care what's going on any more.

I watched an Australian thing on TCM called Wild Boys about some 19 century bushwhackers where they were always getting into peril and yet with one bound they were free at the end of each episode.

I'm proud that I gave up on Blue Bloods, a thing with Jason Swartzmann and Ted Danson about a novelist and a billionaire and some weird Portuguese costume drama called Mysteries of Lisbon on Sky Arts.

I watch all the foreign stuff on Sky Arts, completely falling for their line that because it has subtitles it's good, when that's a lie. I watched all of that Spanish thing about the hotel that was terrible and I've just started the second series of Maison Close after vowing not to touch it again.

I did like Corleone and Romanzo Criminale and the thought that other things might be as good suckers me in.

limitedperiodonly Sat 29-Jun-13 11:40:57

Only me likes Bargain Hunt and Antiques Road Trip?

I watch Bargain Hunt too curlew but I can't work out why it's presented as a triumph when a team wins because they've made £7. It's not a viable career option, is it?

I watched an Antiques Road Trip once where a woman presented all this old lady jewellery that she claimed to keep finding in bins and I kept shouting: 'Call the police. She works in a care home, you idiots.'

I'll look at Dominic Littlewood in a new light.

Davros Sat 29-Jun-13 12:49:30

In Homes Under the Hammer they always play Two Tribes during the auction.
Going back a bit, The Invpbetweeners doesn't count as its universally accepted as quality (but rude) TV.
What about Four Weddings, especially USA and Don't Tell The Bride. There's also that one with the New Yoik family based in Vegas who make big elaborate fish tanks for demanding customers, I live that one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now