What do you think to Moone Boy?

(14 Posts)
CointreauVersial Sun 16-Jun-13 23:23:27

DH is from Boyle, Co.Roscommon, where it is all filmed, and went to school with C O'D's older brother (who is also in it). So he loves it, mainly because he can spot all his childhood haunts.

I think it's quite funny.

cornyblend37 Sun 16-Jun-13 23:18:33

I love moone boy - the altar boy episode is brilliant. grin
when is the new series does anyone know?

dollyindub Fri 14-Jun-13 00:17:42

My favourite was when his sister joined the church choir and he became an altar boy - the guy with the keyboard who she fancied was class! Very very funny grin

CounselorTroi Thu 13-Jun-13 20:16:35

The Mary Robinson episode is my favorite one. I want to cut my own hair into the 'Mary'

Davros Wed 12-Jun-13 14:36:28

I wanted to see it but, for some reason, I can't ever remember to watch anything on Sky1. I will now make a point if looking for it as it sounds as good as I hoped. I live Chris O'Dowd too!

Lighthousekeeping Wed 12-Jun-13 13:04:37

An old friend is from Roscommon. I wish she could watch it. I will have to buy her the DVD.

i love it, though i get the sultans of ping song stuck in my head

WhyIRayLiotta Wed 12-Jun-13 12:24:19

I loved it too. I am from a neighbouring county - and I think it's so well observed.

It's quite sweet and the music / clothes / events they reference are pitched perfectly.

Clayhead Wed 12-Jun-13 12:17:59

I LOVED it!

Lighthousekeeping Wed 12-Jun-13 12:14:03

Yes and it's made where he was brought up. The new one is due out soon. It's on Sky which is why more people don't watch it. Shame.

dollyindub Wed 12-Jun-13 02:05:05

Not sure whether its the 2nd series, I think it may be the first repeated.
Isn't it supposed to be based on Chris O'Dowd's childhood? The kids in it are great, love the parents too!

froggiebabies Wed 12-Jun-13 02:01:03

I really enjoyed the first series. Has the new one started? I'm Irish so it all feels very nostalgic to me. I think the kid is great.

dollyindub Wed 12-Jun-13 01:58:50

Love it - have the series recorded.
I think they have the '80s clothes, hair etc just right, and the characters are hilarious.
I'm surprised it's not more popular than it is!

Lighthousekeeping Tue 11-Jun-13 23:40:26

I've just found it on Sky. I love Chris O'Dowd. I've never heard anyone mention it before. Great soundtrack.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now