Aegon Championships - Queens 10-16 June Yay!

(226 Posts)
Witt Mon 10-Jun-13 08:19:58

This is the official thread for the Queens tennis unless someone has already set one up in which case this can fade into oblivion

This is the first tournament of the grass court season grin. Today we can expect 4 times Queens champion Leyton Hewitt as well as a couple of Brits playing. Andy Murray, who is the top seed, has a bye into round 2. We also have Tsonga playing in both the singles and doubles (with Mahut).

And we're back on the beeb so no annoying ad breaks jumping in and disturbing our tennis watching drooling over the players at change of ends So only 5 hours to go until it's starts grin

noddyholder Tue 11-Jun-13 11:59:48

AH bloody rain

Raahh Tue 11-Jun-13 13:43:43

Well, after ending up being sent by the gp to A and E yesterday afternoon, as Dd1 has a bad kidney infection, I am finally able to watch some tennisgrin Maybe.

Chubfuddler Tue 11-Jun-13 14:27:27

Poor dd.

Has play resumed?

Raahh Tue 11-Jun-13 14:39:01

I'm not sure- they are showing Dmitrov/Sela,and the new golden boy looks like he's about to lose (if it's livegrin)

Raahh Tue 11-Jun-13 14:41:48

(which it isn't)-annoyingly, there is no indication onscreen that it's a replay. hmm
it's no good missing a day

FarleyD Tue 11-Jun-13 15:21:01

Poor lad, I'm sure he hit himself on his head with his racquet, not on the ground. That Dimitrov looks like dd's boyfriend!

FarleyD Tue 11-Jun-13 15:25:52

I'm talking about Bedene. Commentators are not listening to me - keep speculating how he's hurt his head.

FarleyD Tue 11-Jun-13 15:32:45

Oh rain again.

marjproops Tue 11-Jun-13 18:27:52

shriekapoves quiet when Watchching tennis!

ooh, Delpotro AND Cilic! strawberries and cream!! will eat them both!

Raahh Tue 11-Jun-13 18:42:19

I like Del Potro- he was very unlucky at the Olympics against Federer. He is soooo tall though!

marjproops Tue 11-Jun-13 18:56:29

Im having very unpure thoughts atm about biting his bum!! especially when hes on THIS side of the tv screen and bending over grin.

cant believe hes so young tho, i thought he was in his at least late 20's.

marjproops Tue 11-Jun-13 18:57:52

but the best bum action (sorry to lower the tone hmm), and im not THAT way inclined had to be Zina Garrison, when she was receiving serve and her bum used to do that little wiggle jsut before she hit the ball!

Chubfuddler Tue 11-Jun-13 19:03:44

Is it a bit sad that I like the way the queens coverage is hidden on the red button? It is isnt it. It's like a secret channel.

Raahh Tue 11-Jun-13 19:09:32

grin @ secret channel.

Has it gone off now? confused

Chubfuddler Tue 11-Jun-13 19:19:59

No unless I'm watching highlights and haven't realised. It's entirely possible.

marjproops Tue 11-Jun-13 19:21:54

oh bless, that was sporting of Malisse being so concerned when Delpo fell.

had a scare then, hope Del hasnt damaged his wist.

there there, Ill kiss it better!!

Raahh Tue 11-Jun-13 19:26:35

it vanished off my red button- and now it's come backconfusedgrin

marjproops Tue 11-Jun-13 19:29:45

i love the red button during Wimbly, they show the legends matches...well, the legends and pat cash grin.

even if Murrays in the final or whatever ill watch Bahrami/Leconte and the rest.

Chubfuddler Tue 11-Jun-13 20:23:02

I'm watching the Paul bettany Wimbeldon film for the nth time

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 11-Jun-13 21:00:28

I haven't managed to watch a single shot yet. Must try harder tomorrow! grin

Chub I love that film

Chubfuddler Tue 11-Jun-13 21:05:17

We're on the final. I love Paul bettany. I think he should be married to me. Just the small issue of Jennifer Connolly.

FarleyD Tue 11-Jun-13 21:38:42

Ds3 misread Del Potro as "Del Potato", made me giggle, and henceforth, that shall be his name. Glad he won.

LadyClariceCannockMonty Wed 12-Jun-13 10:19:47

Oi, Chub, hands off Bettany! I've loved him long time. I've watched all his films, including the dross like the Da Vinci Code and Wimbledon, and the Iron Man films even though only his voice is in them grin.

Chubfuddler Wed 12-Jun-13 11:03:30

Wimbledon isn't dross! Well it is obviously but it's quality dross, I would say the best of the Richard Curtis love-affair-with-upper-middle-class-England type rom coms (I admit the competition is not stiff).

LadyClariceCannockMonty Wed 12-Jun-13 11:15:29

Sorry chub but you're wrong grin. I don't like the Richard Curtis production-line films much, but I would have to admit that they're of a better quality than Wimbledon.

None of them have a scene of Bettany in a steam room, though, obviously, so even though they're better they're not as popular with me. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now