Luther - Series 3?

(254 Posts)
miffybun73 Fri 24-May-13 13:22:47

Anyone know when Luther, Series 3 is starting.

I guess that it will be in the Autumn, but don't know.

Can't wait smile

Lighthousekeeping Tue 09-Jul-13 22:58:44

Really? I thought the acting was fine? Mine you, I'm no expert!

FairyThunderthighs Tue 09-Jul-13 23:28:48

Alice may be a psychopath but she's a stone cold fox,I love her! A fantastic opposite to the gorgeous Luther.

anonacfr France Tue 09-Jul-13 23:38:12

Blonde is bizarrely scatty. There is no way Luther would go for her jealous me, nooooo

The dickhead photo was priceless.

Not sure who this inquisitor guy is. Who is funding his personal vendetta? And how ironic that he bleats on about Luther not following protocol and then proceeds to illegally enter his flat...

Can Mumsnet peeps arrange some kind of live web chat with Idris???? He needs to know he has a huge underground fanbase!

anonacfr France Tue 09-Jul-13 23:40:14

Justin's statement was lovely though...

lovelychops Tue 09-Jul-13 23:43:48

Have only started watching this series, who is this Alice you speak of?

Blonde woman can't act or is she not who she says she is?

Luther is so very fine grin

Ellenora5 Wed 10-Jul-13 02:10:23

Phew, Justin did the right thing, really didn't think (was hoping) he would hang Luther out to dry, loved the photo on the phone, dickhead grin, not really feeling the love with blondie at all, especially when I saw what's coming up next week, looks like a new story, fingers crossed for Alice to put in an appearance, there was a tear in Luthers eye, is it to do with blondie or Alice...hmmmm can't wait for next week

coffeeinbed Wed 10-Jul-13 07:22:23

Alice is a murdeter from series one.
She's a psychopath and they gave a connection and she helped him out.
She's the one who sends the postcards.
She's a genius as well.
--unlike bl

coffeeinbed Wed 10-Jul-13 07:23:44

unlike blonde

anonacfr France Wed 10-Jul-13 10:00:18

They met when Luther investigated the murder of her parents- it was the case Justin was referring to at the beginning of his statement.

AmberLeaf Wed 10-Jul-13 10:07:09

Lovelychops. You need to watch series 1 and 2. Alice is a brilliant character. I can only imagine what she is getting up to on her world tour (assuming those postcards are from her) really hope she is going to make an appearance this series.

mixedmamameansbusiness Wed 10-Jul-13 12:02:51

Belatedly joining.

This thread had reminded me that I missed everything after series 1 of Whitechapel and the lovely Rupert.

Another Idris Elba fan ... I hated The Wire but he helped me stick with it.

Luther is the best thin on TV, I look around the room at random moments like when he was coming out from under the bed and DH looks for my reactions so he can poke me at the right moment and scare the shit out if me.

mixedmamameansbusiness Wed 10-Jul-13 12:03:32

I have seen Alice in costume dramas since and cannot take her seriously. She was a fantastic character.

Much as I love Idris Elba and John Luther, I have to agree with the comments about the acting in places. Dear god those nurses dialogue was clunking louder than wardrobe man.
Still, good silly fun.

lovelychops Wed 10-Jul-13 19:41:35

I definitely need to watch series one and two. Are they online does anyone know?
I like the sound of Alice. (As a juicy character, not the psychopath bit!)
My 76 year old mother in law told me she fancies Luther!

FairyThunderthighs Wed 10-Jul-13 21:17:50

lovelychops season one is on lovefilm at the moment if you have it. Season two, and probably one, is hypothetically available on those BAD NASTY EVIL torrent sites that I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND <<cough, tpb, cough>> if you use them. Which I don't.

Or someone up thread said they're showing on the TV channel alibi, I don't know if that's satellite or what.

anonacfr France Thu 11-Jul-13 12:23:05

<grin at lovelychops' mother in law>

Who can blame her?

SuburbanCrofter Thu 11-Jul-13 13:03:46

Alice is aces. I know what you mean about her in costume dramas, wasn't she in Jane Eyre? Guess it would've livened things up a bit if she'd murdered the horrible people at the boarding school and hid the gun in a dog grin

I really don't like the blonde love interest. She makes my teeth hurt. There's more chemistry between Luther and the police lady who's trying to fit him up hmm Never mind though, Justin still lurrves him smile

diddl Germany Thu 11-Jul-13 13:22:33

Alice absolutely irritates me.

Cooroo Thu 11-Jul-13 22:36:06

Series 1 & 2 are on Netflix now. Diddl I think you're alone - I love Alice too! Have a friend who is rather like her ... When we first watched it my DP and I turned to each other and said 'my god it's X'.

anonacfr France Fri 12-Jul-13 10:32:17

No she's not alone! I know Alice is meant to be the yang to Luther's yin etc but she always annoyed me too.
She was/is way too smug.

diddl Germany Fri 12-Jul-13 10:53:12

Ooh-there's 2 0f us now!grin

3 - She's one of the least belivable characters I've ever come across. And not as hot as she thinks she is. Ha!

Well I love Alice grin

Alice began to get on my wick.

The vigilante is quite sweet, isn't he?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now