Tracey Beaker/Dumping ground.

(11 Posts)
GameSetAndMatch Mon 24-Jun-13 18:38:50

Id foster any of them BUT TB!

I could understand a child being difficult regarding emotions and memories and needing someone but theres that and just obnoxious behaviour! Id even take the Wellards!!

Theselittlelightsofmine Mon 24-Jun-13 18:35:03

I have cried at a few episodes so far, not watched them all and I would love to foster any child but not got the room in the house yet hmm

GameSetAndMatch Mon 24-Jun-13 18:30:09

would anyone of you foster Tracy Beaker? what a brat, the way she talks to Cam after all Cam does for her.

even though the story gets sorted out in the end, its most of the programme just her being bratty and diva?

Ilikethebreeze Sun 26-May-13 21:07:54

There are more staff in rl including admin. Has to be as it is a 24hour situation.

marjproops Sun 26-May-13 18:27:19

agree. Its a subject close to my heart so I can really feel for the characters, and that's saying the actors do a fantastic job.

although having a character like Elaine the pain who was quite hapless most of the time....LOVE Gina.

Ilikethebreeze Sun 26-May-13 18:19:07

I think the way the characters can feel rejected, have fantasies etc is pretty spot on too.

marjproops Sun 26-May-13 18:05:06

think ive only seen 1 episode where they went to school. haven't seen every episode yet so don't know about Cams kitchen yet!

the other day this couple fostered Tee but didn't want poor Johnny and the dad told him not to call Tee and he was really creepy. glad Tee went bck to Johnny.

Yes it does have good morals and stuff-todays had me crying when Elektras gang mugged Toby and the poor thing was so frightened.

and how CUUUUUTTTTEEEE is Harry with Jeff? hes adorable. most of them are actually.

loved the one today as well with the gorgeous (even tho he could be young enough to be my grandchild!!!) Liam in the old peoples home.

I feel sorry for Justine too.

Ilikethebreeze Sat 25-May-13 22:46:26

Happymum, yes they did up to about 5 years ago.
I presume they still do.
Actually the building layouts and decor etc were a bit too close for comfort for me.
But the reality was/is more education based.
No one on Tracey Beaker seemed to have much to do with school.

Happymum22 Sat 25-May-13 22:40:33

Yes my DD was tracey beaker obsessed and wanted to live in a care home. She watched it constantly for years, she did a psychology degree and now works for NSPCC and says Tracey Breaker is one of the reasons she is so passionate about children who have experienced difficulties. She thought long and hard about social work and it is still in the back of her mind I think.
Such a great programme, while it can paint a rosy picture I think it does put in enough moments of real heart wrenching sadness - to the degree which is acceptable for a children's TV programme.

Do children's homes exist like that anymore? I remember there being a big more to all fostering especially for non-teens? Can anyone knowledgeable correct me?

Secondme Sat 25-May-13 20:49:49

Yes, I didn't see a whole lot of discipline going on in the care home. Did Tracey ever get punished for Burning Cam's kitchen? I always felt sorry for Justine. I mean, Tracey never saw her Mum and all but Justine's Dad practically dumped her for others and then expected Justine to put up with them. sad
Dd wanted to live in a care home when she was younger. hmm Had to explain to her it's not all exciting events and fun characters...
I can't see why Harry and the other little girl....Floss, haven't been adopted?
Loved that as soon as Tracey left there had to be a new 'mothering' figure. Faith, step in. Not one episode with no Faith!

marjproops Thu 23-May-13 18:10:05

great prog-catching up with it after its been on so long!

question- the early episodes- why is Tracy such a gobby brat that seemed to get away with it? especially her treatment of Justine and Crash. she never seemed disciplined for it. I know by the end of the episode it all gets resolved but still....

i know its just a programme but not giving a brilliant impression of care homes!

next lot-Traceys a care worker and nicer-but todays episode about Lily and her sisters, the sisters foster carers were really rude and gobby too.

but we love it regardless- and so glad they have actors with disabilities in it- all the kids are good at their acting but Frank and Gus really stand out for me.

and if they were real kids in care Id have happily adopted Johnny and Tee, Harry, Toby, Liam, Frank, and/or Gus!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now