Masterchef - the final FINAL thread

(439 Posts)
Maryz Wed 01-May-13 21:37:57

Just starting this, because the other one is almost full

Jux Sun 05-May-13 22:35:42

I always turn things which happen to me into ops - in my head. Very rarely actually do it. I spend faaaar too much time on MN.

I dream about threads <sad bastard>

Maryz Sun 05-May-13 20:46:20

I find myself watching random tv programmes and doing imaginary mumsnet commentary threads in my head.

I have a sad life blush

Jux Sun 05-May-13 20:36:06

Coffeeinbed, yes. I found it quite amusing in a silly sort of way grin

Maryz, I aim to please..... wink

Maryz Sun 05-May-13 19:04:53

This is great.

Commentary three days late grin

coffeeinbed Sun 05-May-13 16:34:42

grin
you do realise you've been talking to yourself Jux?
grin

Jux Sun 05-May-13 15:29:26

Yes! grin grin grin grin

I hope this is the start of wonderful things for her.

Jux Sun 05-May-13 15:16:55

Greg does a happy dance!! I do that!!!!

Jux Sun 05-May-13 15:02:42

Overusing italics, I see grin

Jux Sun 05-May-13 15:00:01

I'm afraid I am just not interested in Dale.

Jux Sun 05-May-13 14:56:00

Oh, I do like Natalie.

Jux Sun 05-May-13 14:53:32

I'll be pissed off if Larkin wins. Even though what he's doing now sounds gorgeous.

Jux Sun 05-May-13 14:49:38

OK, just started watching it......

SoupDragon I think I was reading cultural expectations into it and the emphasis on Larkin's being a solicitor with the associated status, stability, renumeration, etc.

Wickedgirl Sat 04-May-13 14:58:12

When does professional masterchef start again?

Pancakeflipper Fri 03-May-13 20:46:58

I thought Dale was after Nat.. Any opportunity to hug her.

I thought Larkin's glance backwards and grin and Nat as he and Dale left the room was really sweet.

Nat was just great, she just grew and grew. Will miss it.

So sorry I missed this thread and the programme last night. Just watched. I was very happy that Natalie won, although I agree that Larkin's story was sad. He came across better after that, but I wanted to shake him and say why didn't you cook like you did at the end the whole way through?! Poor Dale. I hope they all go on to better things and would love it if Natalie and Larkin married. Imagine the food!

MamaMary Fri 03-May-13 17:52:36

Very pleased with the decision. She was the most consistently good and well deserved to win.

I think poor Dale thought he had it in the bag, whereas Larkin knew he hadn't a chance, so was just pleased for Natalie grin

Wickedgirl Fri 03-May-13 13:01:33

I am so happy for Natalie. I read in the paper this morning that she has already been offered a job working in one of the restaurants that she worked in as a contestant.

SoupDragon Fri 03-May-13 11:54:46

I think Larkin's dad was specific about working in a takeaway wasn't he? Not sure.

I was very happy. Natalie was consistent and she learned.

The grandad thing had me howling too, and I usually sneer at sob stories.

I thought Larkin's story a bit sad. At one point his dad was basically talking about all the sacrifices they had made so Larkin wouldn't have to work in a kitchen; cut to Larkin saying he is grateful for what his parents did for him but he wants to be happy, not successful. Culture clash I think.

lol at Tofu Emulsion being the new Farrow and Ball colour grin

So glad Nat won, well done Nathalie flowers

My theory that Dale was Gareth from the Office was shored up by the fact they played the Office theme tune when they did his family shots, ha ha

Continuing on the music note - how uncomfortable must it have been at the end when it was just Nat, John and Greg with a glass of champers? No one was speaking, so if you took away the incidental music there would have been silence!

Next up The Apprentice <rubs hands>

Maryz Fri 03-May-13 10:13:01

Yes, she was 16 and he was either 45 then, or is 45 now (it's a bit confusing) so was 32 then hmm.

She was probably better off to volunteer it, I suspect they would have dredged it up anyway.

TSSDNCOP Fri 03-May-13 09:36:47

So she was 16, not the driver, wasn't required to appear in court even, and is clearly remorseful even though not in any way accountable.

Fuck off The Sun. Let Natalie enjoy her success.

Poor Nat, it wasn't her fault was it ? Sounds awful for everyone involved (motor-bike accident) - but the person responsible was the driver (who'd been drinking)
Trust The Sun to drag up something like that instead of celebrating her excellent win in the show. At least they could have done a general "girl from Hackney" story and included that bit as a minor "worst day of my life" element.
This is why I very rarely buy a newspaper. TV coverage is much more balanced and intelligent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now