Ben Fogle's New Lives in the Wild

(6 Posts)
bubbles1231 Mon 29-Apr-13 21:15:37

Watching this and whilst it seems terribly idyllic, I can't help thinking that the children are going to be quite socially isolated in a few years time...

blueraincoat Mon 29-Apr-13 21:18:40

I watched this last week too, what has struck me most is how completely "normal" these people are who just got fed up with the grind. I am strangely drawn to what they have done.

bubbles1231 Mon 29-Apr-13 21:23:01

just hijacking my own thread here but it reminded me of this which is truly inspirational
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5rM7QDi_5E

blueraincoat Mon 29-Apr-13 21:26:13

Have bookmarked, thank you looks good smile

kerstina Tue 30-Apr-13 18:21:09

I thought they were totally bonkers at first to take those children out in those boats in that weather but actually they were right no more risk than us taking our kids out in the car. Thought they were amazing and very brave. I think their children are very lucky !

GibberTheMonkey Sun 12-May-13 19:53:41

An watching the second one. So far I would prefer to live like this

The one thing I've noticed is they're all highly educated. First week they were both scientists. Second week she's a microbiologist and he dropped out year three of med school because he wanted more rather than because he couldn't cope.
Part of me thinks I couldn't do it, the other part is envious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now