CBeebies shows you wish they would repeat just once more ....?

(45 Posts)
MandMand Fri 26-Apr-13 13:40:18

Watching Rhyme Rocket just now with my daughter got me thinking how it's not a patch on Poetry Pie, which her big brother absolutely adored when he was her age.

Space Pirates was a similar format, but never seems to have been repeated, while Story Makers and Rubber Dubbers were Bedtime Hour favourites which seem to have now disappeared without trace.

Anyone got any other favourites which you wish would be repeated just one more time before your kids outgrow CBeebies for good?

TheDeadlyDonkey Fri 26-Apr-13 21:56:32

I'd like the bit Pui did in between shows.
She made a penis space rocket with fruit.
I'd like it to be on again because dh doesn't believe me!

Doodle do was brilliant, with the added attraction of Chris Corcoran.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Fri 26-Apr-13 22:05:07

You can get most of these on youtube!

marjproops Fri 26-Apr-13 22:22:56

jofay YES!!! I lOVED the funky monkey thing with Chris!

and boogie beebies, and smart (rip mark Speight).

marjproops Fri 26-Apr-13 22:23:48

if you google cbiebees you can see an A-Z of all the shows past and present.

MegBusset Fri 26-Apr-13 22:30:52

Pinky Dinky Doo
Bits And Bobs (this gets repeated every now and then)
Boogie Beebies (they only seemed to have two of these - the football one and the building site one)
Yoko Jakamoto Toto

MegBusset Fri 26-Apr-13 22:31:54

I also loved the summer song set in Battersea Park (they only used it for one year) and the "autumn has come" song, do they still use that one?

marjproops Fri 26-Apr-13 22:37:05

meg theres a cd out of boogie beebies which is really good.

i love the carousel song and the airport one.

and the 'seasons' songs were good too on cbiebees, yy the summer song, and the spring one was nice too.

Marvellous news about 64 Zoo Lane, thanks guys! Can't bear Waybuloo!

Jojay Sat 27-Apr-13 08:58:06

Meg - was that the one with the fountains and umbrellas? I always wondered where that was smile

MMollyMum2 Sat 27-Apr-13 12:07:03

rubber dubbers, tikabillas were a massive hit with my nieces/nephews. But the long standing favourite in my extended family has always been tweenies. we still have all the dvds and tapes so my dt boys can love it too. what channel was that on anyway?

MMollyMum2 Sat 27-Apr-13 12:07:33

oh and boogie beebies

marjproops Sat 27-Apr-13 18:07:01

jojay or anyone else, can you find and paste on here the link to Hugo Monkeys conga?!?

cant stop thinking about it since you saiud it!

That used to crack us up.

Jojay Sat 27-Apr-13 18:29:40

Here you go marjproops

It's pure class - enjoy!!!

How about blue cow in Story makers??
DS who is 13 still remembers the "imagine, imagine, imagine a story" bit!

Also doodle do, and the in-between shows bit with all the old presenters singing that days of the week song

meglet England Sat 27-Apr-13 18:58:37

Storymakers and the blue cow stories were class.

CBeebies have taken the old songs off their website, I was looking for the bedtime business song the other day.

marjproops Sat 27-Apr-13 19:44:53

Oh Thanx sooooo much, jojay that was classic! DC and I on the floor! love the way he kept getting more excitable each time he did the chorus ''its Huuuuugo monkeys....'' great memories there.

He does look like someone off 'it aint half hot mum' tho!!

and yy to blue cow. LOVED blue cow!

DuttyWine Sat 27-Apr-13 19:54:30

Razzle dazzle... Such a catchy tune! Boogie beebies especially the pirate song and "mango, co co mango. Mango shake ya coconuts!"

marjproops Sat 27-Apr-13 20:09:30

Brum Brum here he comes. theme was great, Car was great. programme was yawnsome though.

Jojay Sun 28-Apr-13 10:21:02

marjproops - glad you enjoyed it!

Just shows how much their budgets must have been cut though, they don't do things like that any more sad - though I'm not convinced the current batch of presenters could pull it off anyway.

marjproops Sun 28-Apr-13 17:27:22

Agree, jojay. DCs a bit old now for show me show me yet she loves Chris so much I dont mind her watching it.

Andy can sort of 'be a clown' but the others, they are good, just not the same!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now