Like the look of the new ITV comedy 'Vicious'

(53 Posts)
sensesworkingovertime Thu 25-Apr-13 20:08:00

Stars Ian McKellen and Derek 'Del Boy' Jacobi, coming on next Monday, it looks pretty funny from the clips I've seen so far on website. I'm a huge DJ fan anyway (have been since the BBC repeated 'I Claudius' in 1986) so I'm looking forward to it smile

ComposHat Tue 30-Apr-13 20:49:50

I agree, in the run up to the first episode there was something on Front Row about vicious being groundbreaking and brave. It really isn't. It seems like a throwback to John Inman/Frankie Howerd amd does nothing to break down the screaming queen stereotype.

It isn't as brave as Julian & Sandy and that was on 50 years ago when homosexual acts were illegal.

Davros Wed 01-May-13 10:05:54

I will give it another chance as a first episode is often the worst. I do agree about the old poofter cliches though. It is written by two men, at least one of whom is gay. Whatever that might mean??!!

bulletproofgerbil Wed 01-May-13 21:03:58

I'm with you limitedperiod. The stereotype of two bitchy queens is bad. I'm also surprised at I McK and DJ agreeing to be in something so bad. If I was a guy man I think I'd be really narked at this dated, inappropriate portrayal of a gay relationship. Won't be watching again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now