i just watched series 1 and 2 of Game of Thrones in 2 days....

(35 Posts)
ThatVikRinA22 Wed 10-Apr-13 01:20:09

i kept seeing trailers, and thought "meh"

then it appeared as a box set on Sky on demand.
so i downloaded the first episode, and was hooked. hooked.
just watched the first and second series in 2 days.
am taping season 3 and just watched the first one of those too....will have withdrawals tomorrow.....

how bloody brilliant is this series!!?

HappyGoLuckyGirl Wed 10-Apr-13 01:21:10

grin I started watching it today. I'm on episide 4 of series 1. hooked.

ThatVikRinA22 Wed 10-Apr-13 01:22:52

ooooooohhhh it is so good

i couldnt even wait for DH to watch with me....so he has about 10 episodes to catch up....

its absolutely fab....but im going to be bereft tomorrow night with nothing to watch....

HappyGoLuckyGirl Wed 10-Apr-13 01:27:08

It's fantastic and I'm kind of mad at myself for not watching it sooner! I'm no where near as far as you but up to now I HATE the queen and LOVE the Imp/Dwarf. Still a bit hazy on names.

ThatVikRinA22 Wed 10-Apr-13 01:32:07

i love tyrion....i wont reveal any spoilers but i loved tyrion from the get go....he seemed the most honest even though he was a bugger for the ladies and the wine....

its been a real treat to watch them one after the other....cant do that now though with season 3! will have to wait a whole week!!

HappyGoLuckyGirl Wed 10-Apr-13 01:38:53

Ah yes, thats it. Loved him from the minute he told Jon Snow to uss his bastardness as armour so no one could hurt him with it. And he's utterly hilarious.

Honestly though, I don't think I have loathed a fictional character more than I loathe Cersei. What a bitch. And a bloody tramp too, shagging her brother. Boak.

limitedperiodonly Wed 10-Apr-13 09:12:29

happy I've been watching it from the start and I'm still hazy about a lot of the names too.

I got Tyrion very early on though. He's an unlikely crush.

HappyGoLuckyGirl Wed 10-Apr-13 17:46:01

Definitely limited. It's very good, I really want the Blonde girls dragon eggs to hatch, though don't know how likely that is.

HighJinx Wed 10-Apr-13 17:55:49

We watched season 1 last year then when DH bought the box set for season 2 we started watching them all again from the beginning again. blush Like you we watched both series in 2 days. It was brilliant.

It's awful having to wait a week between episodes of Series 3 now. I did consider recording it all then watching the whole series together in a weekend but I can't wait.

I also love Tyrion and Ed Stark's daughter, Arya - the tomboy one is quite funny too.

I hate Joffrey almost as much as his mother.

MyPreciousRing Wed 10-Apr-13 17:59:05

Hate Joffrey with a passion! We started watching it on Friday and are now up to series 2, episode 5. Fabulous.

limitedperiodonly Wed 10-Apr-13 17:59:50

Blonde dragon girl's name is Darys. Definitely one to watch. Not just because I keep looking for roots in her bleached hair and I haven't seen them yet. How do they do that?

moonshine Wed 10-Apr-13 18:02:58

I've watched GoT from when it first came out after reading books 1 & 2 [smug]. DH scoffed at me but has recently done the same as you Vicar, watching series 1 & 2 over 3 days so that he can watch series 3 as he is now hooked.

Not only are there loads of great characters but great actors - it seems to be like the Harry Potter films with more and more British acting 'royalty' having parts in it.

moonshine Wed 10-Apr-13 18:04:29

Think it's Daenerys Targaryen - I'm mesmorised by her eyebrows.

HerrenaHarridan Wed 10-Apr-13 18:06:41

Danyrs is the dragon lady's name and I am hopelessly In love with her.

If you don't want to wait for the series but the books they are even better!

HighJinx Wed 10-Apr-13 18:07:44

I even love the titles. The way they show you which places they will be visiting on that episode.

The characters are brilliantly written. I love hating the bad guys and rooting for the good ones. It reminds me of Lord of The Rings a bit.

limitedperiodonly Wed 10-Apr-13 18:17:56

See, I told you I was rubbish at names. Still can't remember the name of her protector played by Iain Glen.

HighJinx Wed 10-Apr-13 18:35:17

Ser Jorah Mormont - I have an embarrassing crush on him, especially his voice

HighJinx Wed 10-Apr-13 18:38:09

His dad his Jeor Mormont - Lord Commander of the Black Watch.

CousinRachel Wed 10-Apr-13 18:42:01

If the withdrawals get too bad get into the books Vicar, much more filth detail in them.

the books are brilliant

HighJinx Wed 10-Apr-13 18:44:10

Sorry I should have said that Ser Jorah Mormont is the character played by Iain Glen limited

Sorry if that wasn't clear

HighJinx Wed 10-Apr-13 18:45:04

Books always are better than films or tv shows though aren't they?

Isn't George RR Martin still writing the series? (Of books I mean, not TV)

limitedperiodonly Wed 10-Apr-13 18:49:26

Thanks highjinx. I'll try to remember that. I will fail.

Yes books are always better - I got annoyed in the second series after the they diverted from the plot in the books <anal> GRRM was the exec producer on the series so he must have sanctioned/written it though. He's still writing the series - I'm hoping that he lives a loooong life grin.

HappyGoLuckyGirl Thu 11-Apr-13 02:54:39

Omg, YES! Dany hatched the eggs! Woo grin

Yes, I am aware its almost 3 in the morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now