Are we ready for Mad Men tomorrow night?

(610 Posts)
Lighthousekeeping Mon 08-Apr-13 17:31:12

So excited. We're we starting to see cracks in the marriage last season? I hope we see more of Betty this time.

SorrelForbes Thu 25-Apr-13 16:49:23

It is most definitely the best thing I've seen on TV for a long time.

I'm not a Don fan at all. He's too deep and angst ridden for me. Pete and Peggy are the most interesting characters by far.

Lighthousekeeping Thu 25-Apr-13 19:41:00

I love it but, not as much as I did in the beginning. I don't know what's changed for me.

kneedeepindaisies Thu 25-Apr-13 20:20:15

I know what you mean Lighthouse.

I think in the first few seasons I really enjoyed watching Betty and Don's relationship.
Also, it seemed like it was set so long ago that is was real history like Kennedy's assination, etc. Whereas now I'm seeing styles in the clothes and furniture that I remember from my 80's childhood grin

MarshaBrady Thu 25-Apr-13 20:23:06

Pete is getting more interesting. Not keen on Peggy.

The hair dos are hilarious. All those side burns added on in Season 6.

We watched another last night, no. 2. It was a bit better.

Lurleene Thu 25-Apr-13 22:35:32

I think I am not enjoying Mad Men as much as I was because you do not see the characters you are used to seeing together interact so much with each other any more. I know that it is unrealistic to expect nothing to change over time though! Peggy is off elsewhere and she was tied in so tightly with Don, Joan, Pete and so many of the others at SCDP. We are also not seeing Don with his children lately, which always showed him in a different light. Betty is just a bit part now which is a huge shame, I found her much more interesting than Megan.

Lighthousekeeping Thu 25-Apr-13 22:55:13

Me too. Betty was fantastic. I want to see her one don at east doña scene together. There were none last season either.

Gerrof Thu 25-Apr-13 22:57:00

Lol at east doña

Is that a typo or a crucial scene from an episode I haven't watched yet?

Gerrof Thu 25-Apr-13 22:58:16

Betty is great. I have just watched the one where they go to Rome , the difference in her behaviour from Rome and when she got home was so marked, but so subtley done as well.

IdaBlankenship Fri 26-Apr-13 08:11:14

I hope Don poaches Peggy back from the rival ad agency - when he overheard her pitch this week, he knew her pitch was miles better. I miss their interaction in their office.
I did lol at Rizzo giving her the middle finger when he left - I hope that it doesn't spell the end for their friendship. Remember when she got naked with him to put him in his place? Also I'm liking his new stoner beard

MarshaBrady Fri 26-Apr-13 10:50:54

Peggy's pitch was good, but she stole Don's line.

MarshaBrady Fri 26-Apr-13 10:51:16

Used it I mean. The if you don't like the conversation one.

kneedeepindaisies Fri 26-Apr-13 16:10:22

I finally watched all of this week's episode.

I really hope someone takes Harry down a peg or two. I can't believe they treat him better then Joan hmm

IdaBlankenship Wed 01-May-13 22:16:12

Heloooooo! <echo> Anyone there!

So did that mean something more when Ted sat in Abe's seat? Do you reckon Ted likes Peggy?

Martin Luther King sad

SorrelForbes Wed 01-May-13 23:39:09

I haven't watched Ep 5 yet. Sounds good!

IdaBlankenship Thu 02-May-13 07:11:09

It was a good one Sorrel. Don opened up more to Megan than we have ever seen him do - it made me have a little more hope for their relationship... oh and Pete shouted at Harry, so Kneedeep got her wish!

kneedeepindaisies Thu 02-May-13 17:24:45

I'm watching now. I should probably have watched before I read the updates on here , but I can't wait for Harry to get an earful smile

kneedeepindaisies Thu 02-May-13 17:30:19

Martin Luther King hmm

I can't imagine what it must have been like to have had those assinations in such a short period of time. It must have seemed like the world was going mad.

IdaBlankenship Thu 02-May-13 19:50:54

What did you think of the last couple of scenes Kneedeep? It's rare to see Don so emotionally honest. He looked pretty broken.
I was surprised that Pete was so upset by the assassination - I don't know if he was genuinely upset by that or by the fact that Trudie didn't ask him to come back & protect them. Either was it was nice to see Harry being bawled out!

kneedeepindaisies Thu 02-May-13 21:19:11

I thought they were really good scenes although I wasn't surprised by what he was saying, I was surprised that he actually said it!

Do you think Megan realised she is in the category of people he pretends to love?

I've just realised we haven't had the Bobby Kennedy assination yet. hmm

kneedeepindaisies Thu 02-May-13 21:20:01

Forgot to say, what did you think of Joan hugging Dawn and the "we're sorry for your loss"? Awkward!

IdaBlankenship Thu 02-May-13 21:34:08

Joan really isn't warm towards other women, remember how long it took her & Peggy to reach a tentative friendship. That hug with Dawn was the worst though - she really held her at arms length.

Abe & Peggy - really nice to see them happy, I loved how he matter-of-factly just mentioned them having kids together.

kneedeepindaisies Thu 02-May-13 21:36:21

I think Abe and Peggy are going to break up soon. Her boss fancies her and I thought Peggy looked nervous when he mentioned kids. Unless I misread her facial expression smile

IdaBlankenship Thu 02-May-13 22:04:57

I thought she was taken aback by the comment but her face softened a bit I thought, as though she would consider it... hmmmm..
Ted fancies her for sure!

SorrelForbes Fri 03-May-13 17:16:40

Just watched Ep 5. What on earth was that outfit that Joan was wearing the morning after the shooting? <shallow>

SorrelForbes Fri 03-May-13 17:39:05

Good episode though. Poor Pete (I know, I know...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now