Scott & Bailey

(64 Posts)
Numberlock Mon 08-Apr-13 08:42:28

Did I miss a bit in last week's episode? It started with Gill getting attacked in her car then went back to 8 months previously. The attack was never mentioned again. Did I miss it or is it to be referred to next week?

frecklyspeckly Fri 03-May-13 22:00:54

many thanks fiderer..I really need to start listening to programmes and giving them my full attention but try and do it all with the computer out at the same time. Yes I really like Gill's boss too: she was also in Prisoners Wives (bbc1) and was fantastic as a nervous jitttery mum of a vunerable prisoner so a complete contrast to the part she plays here. I agree that it's Ruth from Spooks sorry Helen in the car!

PenelopePortrait Fri 03-May-13 22:12:35

Wasn't she Gordon Brittas's long suffering wife in the Brittas Empire?

PenelopePortrait Fri 03-May-13 22:15:21

Helen!

Ambridge Sat 04-May-13 14:48:01

She was in Green Wing too, Penelope - the one who was always lurking in her office with the blinds down, smoking obsessively and trying to find ways to shag Patterson Joseph while carrying on a bitter liaison with Mark Heap <over-invested in TV plotlines blush>

PenelopePortrait Sat 04-May-13 15:57:28

Ha yes Ambridge ( we need to get out more)

OhLori Sun 05-May-13 14:30:18

I think the last couple of episodes lost some of their fire, tbh.

Their personal lives are in the doldrums, that said the detective's relationship with her mother still interesting, and still great acting.

Don't like the gore though, it seems unnecessary, even gratuitous to me, to prove a point (that women can cope with blood and gore, etc).

OhLori Sun 05-May-13 14:44:48

Does anyone remember the actress who plays Jill being the Eastern European girlfriend of Alan Partridge in his comedy Radio Norwich programme? She was very convincing, even her accent ...

Numberlock Sun 05-May-13 21:53:51

She was called Sonja. "Classic intercourse." grin

TheConstantLurker Mon 06-May-13 22:38:43

Just watched the last one on computer and thought it was very gripping. Can't wait to see next.
I think it's Helen or her girlfriend in the car with Gill.
The Rachel/Sean story didn't seem very plausible at first but now she has come clean about her need to be on her own I'm believing it a bit more, strangely.
Loved the way Janet's mum was sat earwigging in the background, eating cereal after Rachel had stayed over again.
Is it just me or ate they going over the top now with all the major police officers (and pathologist) being female? I like it but noticed it this week whereas in previous weeks it was just normal.

OhLori Wed 08-May-13 10:21:44

Even the director/writers are female, fancy that!!!

I hear what you're saying, but if anyone remembers police series of the 1970s there was not a female to seen unless some kind of gangster's moll or dolly-bird one of the hardened cops (oops) was about to shag ...

GemmaTeller Wed 08-May-13 10:26:18

DH has just told me that 'Gill' was Steph Barnes in Corrie!

I love Scott and Bailey!

Numberlock Wed 08-May-13 10:34:28

And did you notice Lesley (Paul's dead wife) from Coronation Street in last week's episode?

Ambridge Wed 08-May-13 16:29:29

I have fond memories of Amelia Bullmore (Jill) in a short-lived comedy sketch show called Big Train - she did a fantastic running gag as Florence Nightingale, summoned to a meeting with various bewhiskered Victorian gentlemen and starting out as very demure - then gradually becoming more and more abusive until she was thrashing round on the floor effing and blinding grin.

And yes, she was in Corrie!

Honestly, I don't spend my entire life watching and then obsessively re-visiting obscure telly <protests too much>

Ambridge Wed 08-May-13 16:30:45

I also went to the same school as Lesley Sharp - useless fact. She was in the year below me and was mad about drama even then. Everyone knew she would be a successful actress.

TheConstantLurker Wed 08-May-13 16:45:04

I am the same age as Lesley Sharp and Amelia Bullmore and love the fact that they look normal in real life and as their characters in this series. I believe Amelia does writing and production as well as acting- a great contemporary role model.
Can't wait for it tonight

OhLori Thu 09-May-13 09:25:06

The endings are good, no?!!! Susannah, snogging outside the pub with a (very handsome actor) policeman ... she always gets the lookers. Now who did I last see doing something like that? Psychogically very clever.

The joke email to Gill, and the two colleagues discussing it in the toilet - was just amazing acting: Susannah's immature clowning and gurning, and her friend Lesley's fury as she stormed out. I don't think I have ever seen anger portrayed so well in two seconds flat, phew!

Sometimes the actual crime plots are a bit distracting for me, though I liked the one-liner from the old lady with dementia "there's a lot of biscuits that went into that backside!" just the kind of thing someone like that really might say, very funny.

Anyway, enough of my analysis! Next week looks really good, no?

TheConstantLurker Thu 09-May-13 10:17:42

Next week looked rather too jam packed with drama imo. However I will be glued to it grin

smallandimperfectlyformed Thu 09-May-13 10:32:55

It's not on next week, it's back on again in 2 weeks.

TheConstantLurker Thu 09-May-13 10:49:11

Oh noooooo. One of my little pleasures delayed sad

diddl Thu 09-May-13 20:14:42

Suranne's character is getting really annoying!

Taking that guy back to her friend's house where two young girls and the mum also livehmm

And hmm at him for going!!

Ooh-let's go back to boss's house for a shag!!
(assuming that's what happens!)

Clawdy Thu 09-May-13 20:22:10

And making all that noise! shock

OhLori Thu 09-May-13 23:15:58

Yes, and I think part of the juxtaposition is that whilst they are consistently portrayed as brilliant police officers, they are also shown as very flawed human beings. Happily for us this plays out in their personal lives as great TV drama and entertainment smile.

2 weeks! angry

Numberlock Tue 14-May-13 18:09:26

I wish Lesley Sharp would stop wearing those trousers that are too short.

OhLori Wed 15-May-13 23:15:38

I haven't noticed her trousers, but aren't her eyes almost an inhuman blue?

Clayhead Sat 18-May-13 20:03:46

Double bill this week! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now