Doctors Addicts Anonymous Continued - Spring and Summer Lovin' ?

(986 Posts)
MsNobodyAgain Sun 07-Apr-13 22:29:59

This is a thread for all fans of the weekday soap Doctors, BBC1, 1.45pm.

Regulars, please sign in at reception. Mrs T is verrrrrrry insistent. Any newbies that want to join and admit they watch this second rate soap are welcome too. The more the merrier.

So:
- Zara and Daniel: will they get back together or won't they?
- TBFE and 6tl: will it happen? If it does, that's going to be a switch off moment for me.
- The lovely Mrs T and the Rev: Please don't let him be a serial killer.
- Al, Kev, Jas and Heston: they need some action scriptwriters. Get on the case.
- Jimmi and FOD: Meh! Couldn't care less really.

Enjoy the banter, it is often better than the programme grin

Raahh Fri 03-May-13 14:11:54

Poor Mrs Tsad

Raahh Fri 03-May-13 14:12:34

<something in my eye>

HoggyTruffle Fri 03-May-13 14:12:47

Mrs T sad

Raahh Fri 03-May-13 14:14:12

So she's going to lie[sock]

Raahh Fri 03-May-13 14:14:33

shock not[sock]
grin

HoggyTruffle Fri 03-May-13 14:17:44

Right first time Raahh, she should sock him one!

MsNobodyAgain Fri 03-May-13 14:17:50

Arf at sock

Best bit of the commentary...

I don't like the Rev, what a total arse he was in todays episode!! Sorry but he can preach forgiveness but clearly doesn't forgive her! And to say that there was never a lie between him and his wife so he couldn't settle for less was horrible.

I also don't know about the rape storyline, I don't like her which doesn't help! Both of them sound believable to be honest.

I am now watching yesterdays and Zaniel fighting around mrsT's confession is funny grin

millymae Fri 03-May-13 14:38:33

Mrs T is well rid of the Rev - he's a full on creep. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he had a few skeletons in his cupboard.

Raahh Fri 03-May-13 15:00:38

milly - I really hoped the 'big reveal' regarding the Rev's storywould be something seedy in his past. Now that he has just provided the catalyst for showing us Mrs T's murky past, he's probably going to fade intothe backgroud.

And I know I've said it before, but I'm still cross that no reference has been made to Mrs T's return to Botswana a couple of years back. Surely, back in her home town, she'd have heard all about Thomashmm Unless she lied about that a tad too convoluted for Doctors

<repeats toself>'it's not real life, it's not real life' grin

AnneEyhtMeyer Fri 03-May-13 16:36:57

Oh I'm so behind, I haven't seen it for days (well, two or three). Will hopefully catch up tonight.

The Rev is a piece of work. He seems to have forgotten that he killed Dr Nick then changed his name and became a Rev. No doubt in 6 months he'll have changed name again and be back as a patient.

Raahh Fri 03-May-13 17:01:49

Exactly, Anne- he'll be back as a patient with halitosis, or summat

thoroughly bored of the police stuff- it's 'Doctors' , only plod in the village and all that. And haven't they got crims togoafter, rather than fabricating dramas amongst themselves?<huffy> grin

AnneEyhtMeyer Fri 03-May-13 20:42:56

Watched yesterday. Loved Zaniel's argument when Mrs Tembe was in the room! Really warming to Al too.

Watching today's. Couldn't care less about the police story.

Funny how Tamwar's ex from EE is talking to her old pal Tam in Doctors!

Rev is being very unreasonable. Mrs T deserves better.

AnneEyhtMeyer Fri 03-May-13 20:43:31

Yesterday's, not yesterday. I cannot time travel.

AnneEyhtMeyer Fri 03-May-13 20:56:21

Bastard. I bet his wife hated the sanctimonious git.

MsNobodyAgain Sat 04-May-13 01:27:51

Just read the spoilers for the week after next. They may indeed be enough to send me back to sleep.

shock <- - yawn face

bellabelly Sat 04-May-13 01:34:03

HMrs T's hairstyle changed so much from Thursday to Friday? Thursday she had a bob, Friday all short again. Now, she could have gone to hairdresser but in her current emotional state, she'd be far too fragile. [Overthinking]

MsNobodyAgain Sat 04-May-13 06:17:58

She wears wigs bella grin

Most times she has her serious or business wigs on, but she saved her new/best/flirty ones for the Rev. Wasted on the ungrateful bastard man.

Raahh Sat 04-May-13 08:28:41

We may never see the flirtatious wig againsad

Read the spoilers - you know the writers are struggling when one of the main plot lines is 'Zara wears heels' grin

AnneEyhtMeyer Sat 04-May-13 18:23:14

Just reading the spoilers.

I hope Chris has the same listeners as Jimmi had for his radio show. Hopefully he won't escape.

It looks like it is going to be a boring week.

Raahh Sat 04-May-13 18:42:31

Ooh yes, Anne that would be great!

AnneEyhtMeyer Sun 05-May-13 13:52:31

I can't believe Roy Hudd is in it again on Tuesday. It doesn't seem 5 minutes since he was in it playing twins.

Raahh Sun 05-May-13 15:59:39

Anne - it really is shameful the way the writers treat usgrin

They clearly think we don't notice anythingshockgrin

AnneEyhtMeyer Sun 05-May-13 16:14:32

I know, they take us for fools, Raahh. shock

The thing is, in real life I never recognise anybody. I don't even recognise my next door neighbours. Every time I see them wave and smile I wonder who they are, unless they are actually in their garden and therefore obviously my neighbours. However with Doctors I seem to remember. Most odd.

I was also annoyed watching last week's Endeavour, when once again they trotted out Jenny Seagrove, who was in Lewis not long ago, and as she always plays the same part whatever role she is playing it is just jarring.

Raahh Sun 05-May-13 18:24:42

yy- to Jenny Seagrove!

In rl, I always think I recognise people,when I don't!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now